G&P's newest tactical: 12V miniturbo

FirstDsent

Enlightened
Wquiles:
Would it be too much to ask for a simple table that lists which models are compatible with what?

Paul in Maryland:
That's a great idea, Will. and I'm definitely the man to create it! I'll try to do it this weekend (in a separately titled thread under Incandescents). If I don't come through, send me a PM weekly till I do! What we're talking about is a table that sorts out the quality levels and compatibility (part by part) of Surefire-compatible (T and X series) lineups from G&P, LEDWave, Digilight USA, Camillus, and any other brand we can think of.

Paul,
I looked, but did not see said posting. Did you ever get around to it? I'd love to see something like this. I'm definitely interesting in a Frankenstein light. -Best components from every Mfgr.

Thanks,
Bernie

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good idea. I've begun an Excel spreadsheet and have made significant progress. There are so many variables that I'm using separate worksheets to list whole lights, lamp assemblies, and heads. I can convert it to HTML when I'm finished and post it directly here--in a sticky, I hope. Feel free to send me a PM next weekend if I haven't posted it.

innerlight

Newly Enlightened
Hey Paul,

I wanted to clarify if the X-12 head will fit on my wolfeyes 9AX Raider body?
I recently tried the new wolfeyes 300 lumens bulb but found it lacking for my needs, so the search goes on.......

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
innerlight said:
Hey Paul,

I wanted to clarify if the X-12 head will fit on my wolfeyes 9AX Raider body?
No. No G&P/Digilight head will fit any Wolf Eyes body, and vice versa.

innerlight said:
I recently tried the new wolfeyes 300 lumens bulb but found it lacking for my needs.......
Interesting. Can you tell us why? Was it the wrong beam width? Or did you discover, against hope, that you can't power it from R123A cells?

Keep in mind that Pila's new GL4 uses a 48mm head. Its 250- and 500-luen lamp assemblies won't fit a Wolf Eyes head. But their new 200-lumen GL3 lamp assembly will fit the 45mm Wolf Eyes / old Pila GL3X and GL4 45mm head.

innerlight

Newly Enlightened
Damn

Yes the beam was too wide. I am looking for the tighest, brightest beam possible. I did a mini-review under the DEALER SECTION, where we were both talking to Mike Seward. It is a really good lamp with lots of lumens that I started 40 times over the weekend on rcr123's and no instaflashing.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paul_in_Maryland said:
Good idea. I've begun an Excel spreadsheet and have made significant progress. There are so many variables that I'm using separate worksheets to list whole lights, lamp assemblies, and heads. I can convert it to HTML when I'm finished and post it directly here--in a sticky, I hope. Feel free to send me a PM next weekend if I haven't posted it.

:whistle:

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry about that. I've begun it but dropped it. If you want to see where it stands, PM me your email address and I'll send you the Excel file.

innerlight

Newly Enlightened
I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here but:

I was considering a switch from my wolfeyes body to a digilight t-9 with the x-12 turbo head, but I was told by digilight customer service that the x-12 was not compatable with the t-9 body? Huh? Does that make sense or did I get the wrong info from them?

If that is the case, then does anybody know where I can get the 12V bulb with the wider reflector that they use in the X-12 head, without having to buy the head itself?

Thanks in advance,

Innerlight

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
innerlight said:
I was told by digilight customer service that the x-12 was not compatable with the t-9 body? Huh? Does that make sense or did I get the wrong info from them?
I think that whoever told you this is quoting out-of-date facts. Originally, the X-12 turbohead and T12 body were incompatible with their 6V and 9V counterparts. But the 12V parts were redesigned months ago to share the threads and diameter of the rest of the lineup. The last incompatible 12V head was sold at least five months ago.

innerlight said:
If that is the case, then does anybody know where I can get the 12V bulb with the wider reflector that they use in the X-12 head, without having to buy the head itself?
Neither Digilight nor its dealer network has the 12V lamp assembly without the head. But as I've written above, it shouldn't matter anymore; get the 12V range extender head. If you don't know which "facts" to trust, buy the 9V range extender head and a 12V small lamp assembly; then unscrew the 12V lamp from the small reflector and use it in the large one.[/QUOTE]

innerlight

Newly Enlightened
Paul,

I wrote to digilight again and got a reply from Jeff. You were absolutely right. The heads and bodies are now interchangable.

You should consider a career as a service rep.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I may have dropped the ball on the compatibility table, but another CPFer and I are working to make it part of the CPF Wiki, where everyone can add to it. And I'm planning to start a sticky Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) thread for Surefire P compatibility so I can spend less time answering PMs and repackaging the same responses in these threads!