G&P's newest tactical: 12V miniturbo

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
About that table...

The reason I ask is that it's the kind of thing I selfishly need to understand the bigger 9V picture with available options...

:popcorn:

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately, the Excel table couldn't be converted into the proper HTML code (or whatever WIKI uses). Each cell must be pasted in by hand.

Action

Enlightened
Well, I just tried running the G&P X-12 head on one of TranquilityBase's 3 x 18650 tubes. With 3 Pila 600P batteries, with a total voltage of 12.5V, it hot flashed the lamp immediately. At 12.5V, not all of my batteries were even fully charged. I believe that its safe to say that the 12V setup cannot effectively be run from any of the Pila setups when approaching anything close to a full charge. I may be tempted to use my Shultze charger to get to 12.00V and see if it still flashes, when I get some more bulbs.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder when G&P's 14V lamp assembly will be available. I found it on one Asian site and posted the link, but I can't recall where I saw it or posted it. It appears that Wolf Eyes will beat G&P, with its announced 13V lamp assembly.

Action

Enlightened
A nice 14V lamp assembly would be fantastic. That should do the trick for 3 protected rechargeables of decent capacity. Could you post more info when you find it to this thread?

brunt_sp

Enlightened
Interesting thread. I like the look of the mini turbohead and would like to fit it on my SF 9P. Am I right in thinking it will not accept the p91 LA or any G&P incandescent lamp in the region of 200 lumens ? Finally would the tailcap from the X9 fit my 9P and is it a clickie ?

Paladin

Enlightened
Paul_in_Maryland said:
Neither Digilight nor its dealer network has the 12V lamp assembly without the head. But as I've written above, it shouldn't matter anymore; get the 12V range extender head. If you don't know which "facts" to trust, buy the 9V range extender head and a 12V small lamp assembly; then unscrew the 12V lamp from the small reflector and use it in the large one.
[/QUOTE]

FYI my recently purchased Digilight 12VHP lamp does NOT screw into the RX-12V reflector. The bulb itself is just a hair to large to fit the current hole. Even if it did fit, the springs are considerably shorter on the standard lamps compared to the RX-12V. HTH.

Paladin