• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Getting in touch with PEAK

icecube

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure what he means by a "switch." These are Peak lights, which, of course, feature potted LE's and bodies with the "switch" incorporated into the butt end of the body. Is he looking for an entire body, or simply the screw in lug that creates the negative battery contact? And what flavor? Brass? SS? AL?

Black HAIII (II?) anodized aluminum. I got the body with the lug end that you can unscrew and replace with a switch. Should have bought it along with the flashlight 3+ years ago -- been kicking myself ever since.

If I were icecube I'd call it a day. Life is to short for this type of aggravation. Take that light out of EDC rotation and move on to some other brand. Lesson learned.

It's too bad that Peak couldn't take care of your situation, but don't let it get you down. There are plenty of other good lights out there :).

Actually you're right. This conveniently gives me an excuse to go shopping for one with multiple brightness settings and probably upgrade to a 6v. And a tailcap. 'Sides, I haven't had any new flashlights in awhile....

Last edited by a moderator:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
^yeah well I could see not taking as positive an attitude as ice cube has since managed, & just moving on to another light, considering $220 vs. $10!

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
icecube said:
I don't have an AK, though I do respect some aspects of the design...

Referencing your very own lyrics ("Today I didn't even have to use my AK, I got to say it was good day") from check yo self... I'm starting to suspect that you might not even BE the real ice cube.
:confused:

Either way though good move in moving on, you'll be happier not getting wrapped up in pursuing the issue, & elevated BP over $10.

I say hang in there. Peak will get to your needs eventually - all these "throw in the towel" comments are ridiculous. In the meantime, please send me your shipping address. I don't have an aluminum switch but I do have a brass one and maybe a steel one. I'd be happy to send you one of those so you can continue using your Peak light while you wait for Peak's response.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
... In the meantime, please send me your shipping address. I don't have an aluminum switch but I do have a brass one and maybe a steel one. I'd be happy to send you one of those so you can continue using your Peak light while you wait for Peak's response.

:thumbsup: Good going, dad!

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I say hang in there. Peak will get to your needs eventually - all these "throw in the towel" comments are ridiculous. In the meantime, please send me your shipping address. I don't have an aluminum switch but I do have a brass one and maybe a steel one. I'd be happy to send you one of those so you can continue using your Peak light while you wait for Peak's response.
Dad, it's not ridiculous to expect a business to take care of their customers and resolve issues in a timely manner. That's JUST AS IMPORTANT as producing a high quality product.

It's also important to know when it's time to cut your losses and move on, and although I did find it exceptionally nice for you to offer to help a fellow CPF member, it's to bad the offer couldn't have come from Curt or Bob.

Dad, it's not ridiculous to expect a business to take care of their customers and resolve issues in a timely manner. That's JUST AS IMPORTANT as producing a high quality product.

It's also important to know when it's time to cut your losses and move on, and although I did find it exceptionally nice for you to offer to help a fellow CPF member, it's to bad the offer couldn't have come from Curt or Bob.
Derek, you must be in politics! That was a masterful spin job of my comments. Of course it's not ridiculous to expect good service from a company, but for people to say "give it up, move on," well, ain't that just the American way? Too lazy and too much in a hurry to get it your way. Patience is a virtue. Peak's a good company but they're people just like us. Hang in there and be nice, I say.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha, I'll have to admit, Dad, I did try to figure out a way to phrase that without offending anybody :), and I'll also admit that normally I do like to see things through, but this particular case seemed to be escalating in the wrong direction.

I also agree that patience is a virtue (and that good things like Peak lights are worth waiting for), but from my reading here over the past 6 months, it seems that many folks patience is constantly being tested to it's limits when it comes to service related issues.

In any case, I'm not trying to start anything here, I feel we are lucky to have PeakLEDSolutions as part of our community, and I hope icecube takes you up on your generous offer.

KROMATICS

Enlightened

Didn't he pay them for the switch in November of last year?

icecube

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your generous offer there.

I had the same issue with Uniden. I needed a belt clip for my 396T and couldn't get any. Anywhere. Not even eBay. A member there (radioreference) was gracious enough to mail me one. (I heard the GRE PSR-500 is supposed be an equivalent for the 396XT, and I'm fairly happy with my 396T but pissed that they didn't put in multi-site trunking like they should have (The 996T got it!) in v.3 of the firmware. I'll probably look more towards the GRE series for my next scanner -- that is the whole nation doesn't go ENC by then)

The address I had her mail to me was occupied by me for 6 months AFTER my PMO payment and about 9 months after I first called her up to have her charge my debit card.

Incidentally enough, I called her up about a month after her "charging" my debit card, and told her I hadn't got yet, could you please be so kind as to redo it. She told me that it wasn't even processed. Okay, just go ahead and do that for me.

I checked my billing statements monthly after that. Not even charged. Oh well, it's not like they didn't rip me off.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was checking to see if Peak can do a 2xAA body only for me....
Is annoying to say the least, when a light manufacturer is in the custom forum and you don't hear back from them.

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
Well as another forum user received a call about their light I am hoping that I will get one too!

sassaquin

Enlightened
Last week, I sent two lights to Peak for some repair work, and Tuesday I got a very pleasant email from Robyn letting me know my lights arrived and should be returned to me very soon. So far, communication with Peak has been excellent.:twothumbs

Hopefully, Peak's customer service continues to improve, and it would nice if people posted some of their positive experiences. Sometimes, it is so easy to forget to acknowlege the good.:)

Last edited:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree. Peak's actions are speaking louder than words, and they are finally owning up to their obligations.

Sassaquin, as soon as you get your lights back and can report on their condition, I'll be sending mine out as well. Unfortunately my NP300A's led is starting to blue shift. Hardest I ran it was with 3.0V RCR123s, nothing more... :(

sassaquin

Enlightened
Sassaquin, as soon as you get your lights back and can report on their condition, I'll be sending mine out as well. Unfortunately my NP300A's led is starting to blue shift. Hardest I ran it was with 3.0V RCR123s, nothing more... :(

Oh no, looks like it really needs some warranty work. From what Robyn said, I feel very confidant that my lights are going to come back in tip-top shape and I will report their condition when they return.

Latest posts