Giveaway Thread (general info)

Bruno28

Enlightened
I'm gonna need to know how to do that!
Simple. Just need camera capable of going in manual mode. Use:
- shutter speed of 15-25 seconds ( the longer the time, the more time you have for "painting")
- aperture F4.0 (lower value allows more light in, which is better for bright effects)
- iso 100

While the camera is capturing the photo, you light up what ever you want to be brighten up on image, the falshlight must be behind the camera.

You can use LED for drawing (like the green/red streaks), I made an array of LED on a tube so I can hold it and draw the fluid motions around the car. During this I'm on the photo side of the camera, just make sure you don't light up yourself, or you will show up on photo.

Last edited:

mellowhead

Enlightened
I am in for the Eagletac SX25L3

I'll probably use the light primarily for camping. It's a bit bigger than I like for backpacking camping, but great for car camping. I don't think I could resist bringing it backpacking though...

Would love to check out the MT-G2 emitter, too!

prnguinpoo

Newly Enlightened
This looks like a great light for hunting the armadillos that are destroying my lawn.

Armadillos often carry leprosy, be very careful when handling them. May I suggest looking into a deterrent rather than killing them? I have no idea on how to deter Armadillos.

(Asides from Humans, they are the only thing to carry leprosy)

Last edited:

ACruceSalus

Enlightened

I'm looking to score some WOW! points with my 9 yo grandson. Our neighborhood has a lot of pecan trees in the common areas and around December for the last two years he and I have gather some. So it looks like it'll make a nice hammer to open the nuts. In reference to selling it: until death do us part.

Nitetime

Newly Enlightened
"I am in for the Eagletac SX25L3"

I would use it to light up my backyard and annoy my neighbors. Currently, my highest output light is a Zebralight SC600 with xml u2.

coachnick

Newly Enlightened
I am in for the Eagletac SX25L3.

I plan to keep it in my truck....and use it to hunt Bigfoot (ok so the truck part is accurate lol).

Side Note.....I have not been on here much as of late (for various reasons) and my review of the Sunwayman 25C is waaaay overdue (sorry Doc). I will post it by the end of the week.

My apologies,

Coach

Daba

Newly Enlightened
I am in for the Eagletac SX25L3. I will probably use it for this:

Fotolia_49189605_S.jpg

Pegaso

Newly Enlightened

As a police officer I would keep this light in my duty bag so I don't have to use the useless old rechargeable Maglite, that's not even led, that we have in our patrol cars.
Would be perfect when searching for missing people in the woods or chasing boat thieves by the coast line.

Bake

Newly Enlightened
Armadillos often carry leprosy, be very careful when handling them. May I suggest looking into a deterrent rather than killing them? I have no idea on how to deter Armadillos.

(Asides from Humans, they are the only thing to carry leprosy)

Thanks for the heads up. I did not know that but I do always handle them with gloves. The only thing I have ever heard that may deter them is treating the area to kill any grubs and such that are there. I live in a very rual area. Too many wooded areas me. There is just no way to keep them away.

Being in a wheelchair, new potholes showing up in the yard are just not good. Instant face plant it the front casters fall in a hole. I don't like to kill anything without reason. Just yesterday I had to relocate a five ft. rat snake that was going after some baby birds in my front yard. Mama bird and my wife would have no part of that.

I really have no choice with the armadillos. When they show up I make sure they pass quickly from lead poisoning.

Last edited:

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
ravenraven, your key phrase is incorrect (post #2974).

prnguinpoo, you quoted the key phrase (post #2985). Please remove that part from your quote.

YW84U

Newly Enlightened

I intend to hold it beneath my chin and tell scary stories...

Stories such like the one where "I remember that one fateful day...it was a warm and pleasant day but it was to in fact turn out to be a day unlike any other... A package,
sent to me by an unknown stranger, mysteriously arrived on my front step - delivered by a seedy looking old man dressed in what appeared to be a postman uniform. I examined and then tentatively shook the little box. Fortunately nothing was ticking, so I proceeded. I cautiously peeled back the adhesive tape, and was immediately met with the smell of high capacity lithium batteries...."

I'm still working on the sequel
:p

Cheers, and good luck everyone!

Eneloops

Newly Enlightened
Wowzers! I received my package from Doc yesterday, and all I can say is THANK YOU!!!!! Very generous of you, and I'm incredibly grateful. I'll post up my impressions of the light after I get some time with it . . . I don't know if my recent winning disqualifies me for further entries, but just in case:

I'd mount it to the front rack of the electric bicycle I'm building. Going fast at night is very scary when you can't see where you're going. I also agree to never sell it.

Last edited: