Goncz Hi-Tech M-7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glow Bug

Enlightened
If you have a program that will let you save it as a JPEG, it would make the file a lot smaller to email. Or, try emailing one photo at a time.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by G.L.JOHN:
Kenshiro,

I promissed I will stay out of the judging, but when I saw your statement I am just claryfiying the facts at this time. Because this time (maybe other times too) You stuck Your foot into Your mouth and before You get choked as a friend let me save You.

I read your posting and The reason You see the least amount of lights, because the beam is culminated, other words the smooth shiny reflector with a single bouncing (reflecting) exit the light at designated angle and combined lined in almost parallel. The reflector has more tha 6 radiuses that combined forms the reflector wall. You can take our words ford because we designed ours. (We do not want to coment on the other brands.) The aim is to project the light as far as can be in focused form, although because the Wavelenght (nm) will varry at the distance...

From the compared lights the only one I ever see is the M-6 and that has a orange peel reflector that bounces the light in every direction and propably a beam before exit the reflector bounced maybe 3 , 4 times and the angle that exits could be anything. At a short distance you will see illuminated larger area; that dos not mean in a smaller concentrated are is not more lights (energy) projected.

When I meet Jeff he had one of the M-6 with him we compared it from shooting the light from The Cafee terace with lots of parasite lights (lantern parking lot lights etc.)for a distance of about 50 yards the M-6 light pattern was more than twice the size of the M-7, when we shined on a tree top about 100 plus yard, the M-7 light pattern was precise and some where 6 to 7 feet. The M-6 focus light was totaly faded away. The M-6 had a new sets of batteries in according Jeff, where The M-5 was in the last stage of the charge.

That is the reason I ask John to post the shots the one he took at 150 yards and was raining.

Kenshiro, I initialy had the impression that you were smart and intelligent. So next time if You not sure of something ask me and I will (If I know) explain.

Lets SEE John will post the 150 yard shots???!!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">These may be great lights and have a guarantee but a guarantee is only as good as the person giving it. I no nothing about this company besides what I am reading here and it does not say much for this guarantee.

It smells fishy to me.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not forward it to me?
grin.gif
I will reduce the size and post it?

G.L.JOHN

Newly Enlightened
Jtivat,

Your Fishy comments was not called for and therefore, please do not buy the Goncz Hi-Tech light. No body is forcing you to buy it. Stick to the ones you have. Just to let You know whatever we can produce they are most "preesold".

Suggestion you should take shower at least ones a day and you will not smell like a dead fish on shores of lake Ontario.

G.L.JOHN

Newly Enlightened
Nerd,

Thanks for the 'Layout' it is impressive and informative.

I will send you some of the pictures by Email and if you send me your address I will send You the CD.

Thanks again

Empath

Flashaholic
Suggestion you should take shower at least ones a day and you will not smell like a dead fish on shores of lake Ontario.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">G.L., such comments are not the nature of CPF. We encourage debate, and even the open expression of disagreement with other's words. Personal insult directed toward other members won't be tolerated.

Darell

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Rothrandir:
wow, john even personally sent me an e-mail containing information and pictures of the lights, and dang are they sexy!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you have pictures of the lights PLEASE POST THEM before we all go insane. We hear about the lights and pictures of the lights all the time. Sure would be nice to see them.

Whistler

Enlightened
I have got a few questions:

-Why are the lights are not made with a HA III finish? Perhaps something for the next round?

-Is there also a 12 Volt charger/adapter for charge in a car/Solar-charge)?

Do yourself and your flashlights a favour Mr Göncz, don't be so hot tempered. As you self said 'let the lights speak for themself'. Let time work for you... sometimes it's better to take a deep breath.

A lot of the 'unbelieve' is taken away already:
-We got the proof that your light really exist by some members who got your light already. They are postive about it.
-Although the beamshot pictures are not conclusive, we can say that your light is bright
grin.gif
-There is made a start with something like a website

But you have to admit that it's a little frustrating and mysterious to discuss a light obviously nowbody can show in his own hands. I can understand that some people find it a little strange that after 2 weeks(?) there is still no other picture here than than the 'flyer picture'. But since you got other pictures, you can upload and post them already, using this instructions (thnks BART
wink.gif
).
The size doesent matter, you only have to link the preview. You also can mail the other pictures to me. I would be happy to do the job for you, or advise you further.

So the last 'proove' is an independent picture and review of your light, and everybody will be happy.
tongue.gif

Since there are a some lights are already sent to some members we all will be relievd shortly.
smile.gif

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sure don't mind having a light to review for one..... too bad I don't have a digi... only a analog SLR. Luckily I got a scanner... but den again.... sighz...

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hi Whistler,

I've already mailed John G. about the pics and the site. Hopefully it won't be long before we are able to see the lights in person...
winkie.GIF

Like most other members, I too am anxious about this light. After doing a quick search on Goncz, I recovered something about an (so far) unpickable hand-cuff. This has convinced me of the technical designing capabilities of John Goncz.
I just hope there will be an open and unbiased discussion about his lights, I for one am highly entrigued...

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
sounds interesting... un pickable. mind showing us the schematics?

Look here -> under 1978-1979, John's name is there! As Secretary!

Hmm.. food for thought....

guncollector

Enlightened
jtiovat asserts:
These may be great lights and have a guarantee but a guarantee is only as good as the person giving it. I no nothing about this company besides what I am reading here and it does not say much for this guarantee.

It smells fishy to me.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
GL John retorts:
Your Fishy comments was not called for and therefore, please do not buy the Goncz Hi-Tech light. No body is forcing you to buy it. Stick to the ones you have. Just to let You know whatever we can produce they are most "preesold".

Empath admonishes:
G.L., such comments are not the nature of CPF. We encourage debate, and even the open expression of disagreement with other's words. Personal insult directed toward other members won't be tolerated.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You know, in all fairness to G.L. JOHN, I do feel he was provoked by aspersion from jtiovat. G.L. JOHN (Mr. Goncz) has done nothing to warrant questioning his integrity or fair business practices.

I "know nothing" about many of the companies and products I happily read about here for the first time, but I don't go about bashing or questioning their producers (without reason).

IMO, Empath, if you only come down on G.L. JOHN for a kneejerk defensive response (inappropriate etiquette as it was), and not those who also provoked him, then you are granting a de facto license for aspersions.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by guncollector:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">jtiovat asserts:
These may be great lights and have a guarantee but a guarantee is only as good as the person giving it. I no nothing about this company besides what I am reading here and it does not say much for this guarantee.

It smells fishy to me.
GL John retorts:

Empath admonishes:
G.L., such comments are not the nature of CPF. We encourage debate, and even the open expression of disagreement with other's words. Personal insult directed toward other members won't be tolerated.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You know, in all fairness to G.L. JOHN, I do feel he was provoked by aspersion from jtiovat. G.L. JOHN (Mr. Goncz) has done nothing to warrant questioning his integrity or fair business practices.

I "know nothing" about many of the companies and products I happily read about here for the first time, but I don't go about bashing or questioning their producers (without reason).

IMO, Empath, if you only come down on G.L. JOHN for a kneejerk defensive response (inappropriate etiquette as it was), and not those who also provoked him, then you are granting a de facto license for aspersions.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I do believe that I have said nothing about this person or his company. I have only made reference to his posting (which say allot if you look at them). We rag on many lights in these forums including SF do we hear other manufacturers in here putting people and other products down? Also G.L. John did personally attack someone in his post that a quoted.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jtivat,

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">People only get defensive and talk trash when that is all they have, if these products are so great let them do the talking, or just keep posting in a rude and uncalled for manor and keep losing business.

guncollector

Enlightened
jtiovat asserts:
I do believe that I have said nothing about this person or his company. I have only made reference to his posting (which say allot if you look at them).
jtiovat previously asserted:

It smells fishy to me.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Jeff-

Come on, "nothing about this person or his company"? You're a reasonable guy.

In your original post, within two sentences you make reference to "lights" (GHT M-series), "guarantee" (GHT 30-Day), "person giving it" (Mr. Goncz himself), "company" (Goncz High-Tech)--and you manage to imply the warranty will not be honored. Your third sentence contains now infamous "fishy" comment.

Does that sound like "nothing about this person or his company"?

If you're critical of Mr. Goncz's reply toward Kenshiro, okay. Let it be known. But, you went beyond criticizing his commentary--and managed (perhaps inadvertently?) to question his and his company's integrity.

I think both Mr. Goncz and you have stepped out of line. Mr. Goncz owes an apology to Kenshiro, and you an apology to him.

I see no demonstrable reason yet to question Mr. Goncz's 30-Day Guarantee, his lights, or company. If you possess such reasons, please state them for all to consider.

On another note, "yes" we lambast many companies for demonstrable shortcomings in product or service. Often, like in the case of SF, we lambast and commend in the same thread. But the key word is demonstrable.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gentlemen:

I hope to be able to partially allay concerns expressed relating to Goncz HiTech's ability and commitment to follow through on the company's representations next week.

I Paypaled a negotiated purchase price for two special-order Mag Charger / SL-20X NiMH battery packs on Monday to Goncz Hi-Tech. Before ordering I was advised by Mr. Goncz that the build to ship time from date of order should be about five business days.

I have requested a confirmation of payment receipt and and a confirmed or revised estimated shipment date.

As soon as I receive either the payment receipt confirmation or the updated ship date I'll report.

I'll also confirm shipment receipt upon receipt.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys!

Them beams sure are pretty, anxiously awaiting customer run times, beamshots, feels like, guts photos, etc.

This is new! For the first time in almost 2 years I see some Rage virus around here, cmon! Cool down a bit, Let`s enjoy our hobby! Any new light concept is welcome since the market of High end Flashlights is very small.

Just my 0.02
Alex

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paypal just emailed me that my payment on Monday was unclaimed. This is because I inaccurately emailed the money to [email protected] rather than to [email protected].

I can understand why I don't have a confirmation. Given what has been discussed over the last three days, I think I will delay resubmitting payment until other people's concerns have been allayed.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by AlexGT:
This is new! For the first time in almost 2 years I see some Rage virus around here, cmon! Cool down a bit, Let`s enjoy our hobby! Any new light concept is welcome since the market of High end Flashlights is very small.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well said Alex, a voice of reason
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.