H1N1 Vaccine Toxic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not worried about swine flu (everyone in my school says it with a solemn, mocking voice). I'm young, with a pretty good immune system. i eat a healthy, balanced diet including lots of fruit and vegetables. I get regular exercise.

But if I get it, I'm not worried either. I'll just isolate myself from my family to the best of my ability, keep clean, and do everything else like I've done when I had the flu last time. It's so overblown.

There probably is no need to worry but the 1918 epidemic was *far* more dangerous to the young than to the old. Most deaths came from the immune system of the young over reaction to the disease. Old farts like me have weaker systems and tended to live.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
There probably is no need to worry but the 1918 epidemic was *far* more dangerous to the young than to the old. Most deaths came from the immune system of the young over reaction to the disease. Old farts like me have weaker systems and tended to live.

Did they die from the disease or the vaccines?

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
[puts on tin-foil hat, glances nervously over shoulder]
While I don't think the vaccines have been profitable, think of all the other products that are being sold out the wazoo with the news of a terrible, killer flu.
The hand sanitizers, cleansers, sterilizers, flu "preventatives", cough suppressant, etc. I think that is why the flu was big news. Nothing sells like bad news.
[/paranoia]

LOL! I bought extra adult diapers & made a tinfoil hat for every room. Ya know in case I started soiling myself. Got my trusty boxes of Tamiflu all ready.

I'm not taking that damn vaccine.

LOL! We will force feed it to you. Resistance is futile.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

Another authoritative source. :shakehead

I'll bow to WIKI on this one:
Flu vaccine origins and development

In the world wide Spanish flu pandemic of 1918, "Physicians tried everything they knew, everything they had ever heard of, from the ancient art of bleeding patients, to administering oxygen, to developing new vaccines and sera (chiefly against what we now call Hemophilus influenzae—a name derived from the fact that it was originally considered the etiological agent—and several types of pneumococci). Only one therapeutic measure, transfusing blood from recovered patients to new victims, showed any hint of success."[21]
In 1931, viral growth in embryonated hens' eggs was discovered, and in the 1940s, the US military developed the first approved inactivated vaccines for influenza, which were used in the Second World War (Baker 2002, Hilleman 2000). Greater advances were made in vaccinology and immunology, and vaccines became safer and mass-produced. Today, thanks to the advances of molecular technology, we are on the verge of making influenza vaccines through the genetic manipulation of influenza genes (Couch 1997, Hilleman 2002).[22]

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Witchcraft.

I cannot find any support for your assertions, Lightwalker -- aside from that one site, and a handful of other conspirazoid sites.

Empath

Flashaholic
LightWalker, to quote a comment on another thread:

LightWalker, it's becoming clear that you've assumed that CPF will make an excellent place for political activism. It's not though.

Efforts to campaign for your political views will often result in advisements to take it to the Underground. The posts and activities may often meet with closures, deletions, warnings, or even more limiting actions.

Your contributions here have been removed.

Feel free to post your thoughts and opinions on CPF's Underground.

When you turn threads into topics of your agenda by posting conspiratorial references and tabloid type material, you turn threads into potential bombs of controversy. When you demonstrate a clear agenda by frequently pushing it, it becomes destructive toward most any topic in which you participate. Your conspiracies, tabloid material and political agenda are best posted in the Underground, where those of opposing viewpoints feel the freedom to post their opinions of them.

The topic is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.