H6Flex 6.6Amp Adjustable Buck

netprince

Enlightened
Hey George,

About how tall is the driver? I'm trying to work out the spacing with some heatsink ideas... (sorry if I missed it)

Thanks!

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey George,

About how tall is the driver? I'm trying to work out the spacing with some heatsink ideas... (sorry if I missed it)

Thanks!

Same as the hipflex (basically the PCB thickness + inductor height) - info on that driver on my website.

I sent off for production boards yesterday, so should be available around the end of June.

cheers,
george.

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I have production boards on hand. Just haven't had time to run all the verification tests on the firmware etc - YET...

Just returned from a camping trip with my sons, so still digging myself out of a backlog of stuff...

I'll post pics of the production boards - maybe later today.

cheers,
george.

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, finally, here's a picture of a h6flex production board. I have to verify the firmware that was running on the prototype before I start shipping drivers, but that should happen within the next few days.

Top view of the driver, components only on the top side to enable the bottom to be mounted with thermal tape or pad material to a heatsink.

h6flext.jpg

cheers,
george.

Al Combs

Enlightened
It didn't occur to me until I just looked at your h6flex production board (a real beauty BTW), but how do you mount it with no mounting holes? I was under the impression the TGF120K thermal pad was just thermally conductive rubber. Does it have adhesive properties as well?

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
It didn't occur to me until I just looked at your h6flex production board (a real beauty BTW), but how do you mount it with no mounting holes? I was under the impression the TGF120K thermal pad was just thermally conductive rubber. Does it have adhesive properties as well?

That's why I mentioned thermal tape.... :)

cheers,
george.

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, it's working well. Just back from a short business trip so over the next couple of days I'll finalize the last of the testing and open up for sales by mid week - but heading out on business again towards the end of the week - so realistically it will be one more week before it's really available for general purchase.

When it appears in the order page of my website, it's ready to order :)

cheers,
george.

greencardigan

Newly Enlightened
George, can we in Australia order these through your website? Or do we have to wait until Cutter stock them?

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
George, can we in Australia order these through your website? Or do we have to wait until Cutter stock them?

For the initial while I'll ship direct since I need to get them out to the field and handle any teething issues directly (like the new manual that I'll have to put together).

After that it'll depend on whether Cutter stocks them or not.

cheers,
george.

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I have a batch programmed & tested and ready to ship.

I'll put tech info up later today onto my website, but basically all the features of the standard Flex drivers with various current tables up to 6.6A.

Pricing will be up on my website order info page in the next little while.

cheers,
george.

Latest posts