HDS 4000k XP-L Neutral thread

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are the chances of HDS keeping the extended bodies in production.

Im on the fence as to which I should go for seeing as they are expensive to buy separately, extended incase they sell out and Henry doesnt make any more, but do I really need the extra runtime and bigger body? No to the latter, but the cpf'er in me is telling me to jump on the bandwagon!

PS Hogo, got your email, :thanks:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo, I did get the email on 18650 and 2AA tubes but nothing on cerakote price. It looks like I'm the only one on this run who wants Crimson cerakote :shrug:. O well ....let me know the cost of cerakote and I'll send pp right over. Thanks man

Cerakote is $80.

What are the chances of HDS keeping the extended bodies in production.

Im on the fence as to which I should go for seeing as they are expensive to buy separately, extended incase they sell out and Henry doesnt make any more, but do I really need the extra runtime and bigger body? No to the latter, but the cpf'er in me is telling me to jump on the bandwagon!

PS Hogo, got your email, :thanks:

HDS will keep the extended tubes in production.

westfork

Newly Enlightened
So many choices - so many questions.
Do the 18650 and AA tubes have the same outside diameter as the standard 123 tube with just thinner walls on the 18650 and thicker walls on the 2 AA?
Can lithium primary AAs be used? I assume so since it can handle the voltage of 18650.

Last edited:

darwin

Newly Enlightened
Paypal sent for the 18650 rotary upgrade.

Guess I need to start looking for batteries... And finalize my holster order :)

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right guys, time to make my mind up, I need your help.

How much larger are the extended bodies, I can only imagine the AA being awkwardly long and the 18650 being too heavy. But then I have lots of nimh cells and a couple other AA lights I use together with CR123, I only have one 18650 x2 and rarely take it out because of its size.

Also what are the runtimes on these, AA and 18650? any info floating about. What cells should I use in the AA body, I take it its alkis or nimhs.

Mtbmurf

Newly Enlightened
An idea of sizes... My edc rotation .. My hds legacy with 17670 tube-the tuxedo light...lol.... Not bad to carry at all- jeans or dresspant, you just cant have shallow pockets. You know its in your pocket . I optd for the rotary and 18650 tube figuring it will combine my v10r adjustability with the hds durability and grab the runtime of the bigger battery... Best of all worlds... In my mind...

darwin

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the pic! I had been expecting the extended tube to increase the size of the light, but couldn't gather scale. The 123 clickies have always impressed me by the compact size as much as everything else. This ~18650 rotary will hopefully become my large light of choice.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paid $42 for 18650 tube to your group buy email address. Thank you.

How long do I have to save up for an extra CR123 body/tailcap before you ship this run?

billbebob

Newly Enlightened
Hogo,
I will take a AA extended battery tube with this light.
Payment is forth coming.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY! INCLUDE YOUR CPF HANDLE WHEN YOU PAYPAL!

Please check Post #1 to make sure it is correct with what you are ordering. If you paid for a AA or 18650, it should be listed there as paid for. If you want an extended tube, please when you Paypal, include your CPF handle. Also, please do not email me from two different e-mail addresses.

On a happier note... rum.

The Hyper Red and 4000k leds were supposed to be put on the pills this week. I will not know until Monday if it in fact happened. I saw Henry very briefly today, and he has caught a nasty cold so I stayed outside and yelled through the door.

If things went as planned, the pills will be ready for production at the beginning of next week.

Mtbmurf

Newly Enlightened
Hogo,

I think with all the rum you need to stay away from pills....just my 2 cents.

On my pill bottle it says 'alchohol may intensify effect'

means more rum i thought :/)

Thanks for puttin up with us hogo... Its appreciated ...bet ya never knew what ya were gettin into with all these crazy flashlight people!! Lol

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
On my pill bottle it says 'alchohol may intensify effect'

means more rum i thought :/)

Thanks for puttin up with us hogo... Its appreciated ...bet ya never knew what ya were gettin into with all these crazy flashlight people!! Lol

Oh, I knew because I'm one of those crazy flashlight folks!