HDS 4000k XP-L Neutral thread

Trip Miller

Enlightened
Dan,

can you give us a quick end of month update on the ETA for the lights? Just figured I would head off a bunch of inquiries now.

Trip

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan,

can you give us a quick end of month update on the ETA for the lights? Just figured I would head off a bunch of inquiries now.

Trip
Yes, can't wait to get this in my hands. I have to constantly remind myself to be patient.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was an issue getting them on the pills which caused odd behavior. That is being worked out as Henry found the cause and he feels the issue is fixed.
He is still doing some testing and making sure the issue is fixed. Because of the issue, it is going to take an extra 2 weeks.
Henry stated today that he could ship them earlier, however he want's to be 100% sure the issue is fixed.

d13avo

Enlightened
There was an issue getting them on the pills which caused odd behavior. That is being worked out as Henry found the cause and he feels the issue is fixed.
He is still doing some testing and making sure the issue is fixed. Because of the issue, it is going to take an extra 2 weeks.
Henry stated today that he could ship them earlier, however he want's to be 100% sure the issue is fixed.

Thank you for the update Dan. Yeah no problem would rather wait 2 weeks or longer to make sure all is good.

Trip Miller

Enlightened

Thanks Dan. I told you to stay away from the pills that they would cause problems but noooooo.... you just don't take direction well....
:)

Seriously, thanks for the update and yes we strive for perfection so take the time.

T

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Dan. I told you to stay away from the pills that they would cause problems but noooooo.... you just don't take direction well....
:)

Seriously, thanks for the update and yes we strive for perfection so take the time.

T

I just do rum. No pills unless it's for allergies. Come to think of it, I've taken more allergy pills than rum recently. Spent the last few days trying to track down a gas leak in the MUTT. Never noticed it when it didn't have a top on, but now with the top on, let's just say, there was no cigar smoking going on when in the vehicle.
Finally tracked it down and fixed it after an infinite number of curse words.
IMG_1568_zps4rdpxzbf.jpg

Gotta keep that Arizona sun from baking off any more of my brain cells.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the update Dan. I personally would rather Henry perfect it than take my chances, so yes I will wait.

corbettled

Newly Enlightened
I must admit I may be more excited about my flashlight getting shipped than the new car I recently purchased!
I also have Dan working on my holster to harness my first HDS. I am new to the forum just want to say hello and THANKS, Dan!

recDNA

Flashaholic
I do not even have one coming & I am excited to hear about it! LOL

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are these HDS going to be packaged and labelled as a 4000K XP-L emitter run with a specified max output, or are we all just assuming it is a little over 300 lumens?

Also how progress getting on, still saving up pennies for an extra CR123 body to be shipped with the HDS all together.

Trip Miller

Enlightened
Are these HDS going to be packaged and labelled as a 4000K XP-L emitter run with a specified max output, or are we all just assuming it is a little over 300 lumens?

Also how progress getting on, still saving up pennies for an extra CR123 body to be shipped with the HDS all together.

I think I posted some info on this on the HDS #18 thread. I asked Hogo if he and Henry would run a small sample (3?) of lights thru the sphere and give us a CRI and output report. It is estimated to be 310 lumens by Henry and I think 75-80 CRI as a guess...again I think that came from Henry. So whatever 1A will produce out of this emitter and we should have a small sample to get a median.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I posted some info on this on the HDS #18 thread. I asked Hogo if he and Henry would run a small sample (3?) of lights thru the sphere and give us a CRI and output report. It is estimated to be 310 lumens by Henry and I think 75-80 CRI as a guess...again I think that came from Henry. So whatever 1A will produce out of this emitter and we should have a small sample to get a median.

A sample will be put on the sphere to see the CRI, but all will be calibrated. Henry thought they should hit the 310 lumen mark, and if they can all hit that, then that's where they will all be calibrated.
They will be labeled.
As soon as I know more, hopefully in a week or two, I'll post real numbers.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
You the man Dan! You've been quiet lately, chasing wild women will make you an old man.

Trip Miller

Enlightened
A sample will be put on the sphere to see the CRI, but all will be calibrated. Henry thought they should hit the 310 lumen mark, and if they can all hit that, then that's where they will all be calibrated.
They will be labeled.
As soon as I know more, hopefully in a week or two, I'll post real numbers.

Thanks Dan.

Latest posts