HDS/Ra Clicky & Rotary Serial Number Registry! (Part 2)

SaturnNyne

Enlightened
For the record anyone know if you can get these cerakoted by that guy on CPF who does surefire's? Jeff Furbush maybe?
I don't really know much about it, but I would assume it can be done since it's been done to Clickies in the past. I've been hearing some complaints about the lesser durability of cerakote lately though, in case that would be an issue. Sure looks nice.

I notice I have one missing from the list :)

Callmaster...................170C-Ti........#10014
Thanks for catching that! Especially since it's such a rare model.

For the record anyone know what it started at and if it went in sequential order? I'd be interested as to what his actual production numbers are like. ..

Also its totally normal for my rotary cap to have a tiny little hole in it correct? I think I had read that somewhere.
I'm gonna give you the long version. The original HDS EDCs of about five years ago started at 1 (I guess?) and went to 4999 or less. The Ra Twisty again started at 1 and went to around 2299 probably. The prototype version of the Clicky, which used the body style of the original EDC, started around 2300 and seems to have run to around 2600, so it appears to be working from the same pool as the Twisty. However, that's a range of 300 serials and I'm pretty sure there were well under 100 protos made; I believe the reason for the large spread of numbers is because, as I believe I noticed when I started this list, the proto numbers have been chosen so as not to duplicate any numbers from the original EDCs, which crossed into this range. I believe I asked Henry about this and he confirmed that there would be no shared numbers. For the production Clicky, Henry decided to avoid creating any more conflicts than he already had by restarting the Twisty at 1, so he started them where the originals left off, with the idea that all HDS lights from there onward would probably stick to this one company-wide serial pool. The first generation Clickies span 5000 to 19999. The second generation Clickies and Rotaries start at 20000. So there are quite a lot of Clickies out there. No surprise there since it's listed as the #1 must have light on CPF.

I'm pretty certain Henry makes no effort to line the bezels up precisely and send the lights out in order, but the serials are assigned in more or less sequential order. I would guess that he receives a box or bin of 1,000 bezels all within the same thousand block and then he just picks from that at random until they're all gone and then moves to the next block. My 140Cgt was among the first shipped out to US distributors and is 5366. The others that arrived around that time were also all in the 5,000s I think. About three months later I got a 100wwC in the 7,000s; about a year after that I got a bezel from the 12,000s; recently I acquired one made probably late last year from the 18,000s. Pretty orderly.

Someone else will have to weigh in on the Rotary cap hole; I don't have one and am not familiar enough with their differences. Of course I'd certainly guess that if yours has a hole in it, it's probably supposed to be there. The first design of the Clickies included tailcaps with four holes for the purpose of gripping them with the tool that connected them and removed them; maybe it's something like that.

Excellent light and I LOVE the locator beacon function and momentary operation now!
Heh, the locator beacon... I love it too, or at least it's the feature I so want to love! Before I ever got an HDS, I thought that was such a great idea, but I've never been able to use it much because I've just found it too bright for the way I carry, use, and store the lights. Oh well. Still a cool feature even if it doesn't work so well for me. :)

And I still like the feature enough to have made a quick little video in honor of it, if you're curious: http://youtu.be/uyDKgVp0pzc

flummoxed

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

New addition, settling in nicely :)

Flummoxed........Rotary 200..........#20260(stainless bezel, flush switch)

Flummoxed

SaturnNyne

Enlightened
SaturnNyne.................170Cn......#22651

Though I gotta say, this Cn's beam is not the narrow Cn beam I've seen in the past. It makes me question continuing to use the Cn designation if this is what they're tending to look like these days. Might look into it. It's proving itself to be a very interesting beam though....

Figure I should lead by example and include some photos.

New one on the right.

B42XRGT, 140Cgt, 100wwCT, 100Chc, 170Cn.

Other Clicky photos here.

flashlight nut

Enlightened
Flashlight nut......170Cn Clicky......#7069 (AlTiN Bezel, Black AlTiN Moddoo Clip, Sapphire lens)
100CRI Clicky.....#14350 (Standard)
Sorry it took so long to post to registry. Had lights for about a year. I will post my 240T Clicky when it becomes available.

manitoe

Newly Enlightened
It's about time I added my clickies. Thanks for doing this btw.

manitoe....................140Cgt.......#9271
manitoe....................170CT.......#13086
manitoe....................100Chc......#14008

manitoe....................200R1S......#22740 (R1S-200)

Or Olam

Newly Enlightened
My beloved and cuddly High CRI Clicky (#15373) purchased just before the Great CPF/HDS Blackout of 2010.

Last edited:

harton

Newly Enlightened
glad owner of my second HDS:

harton
.....................T1B-170......#18209 (Desert Tan Cerakote, w/ #8878 black AlTiN bezel)

Lighteous

Enlightened
Lighteous......................EDC-R1S-200...................#23018

(also purchased a second bezel - black #21626)

trbofrek

Newly Enlightened
Re: Ra Clicky Serial Number Registry! (Part 2)

trbofrek.....170CT....#18250 Dark earth cerakote

dajab77

Newly Enlightened
Here are my three
dajab77............EDC-R1S-200.................#23273

dajab77............EDC Tactical 170..............#16345

dajab77............EDC Executive 140............#14229

Thanks

Last edited:

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
Sparky's Magic..........EDC - T1B - 200Lu..........#22267.

Worth the wait! Fantastic beam, solid spill, perfect white tint equivalent to, and just as creamy as, the previous GT. tint.

This 'light actually out throws my Q Turbo (230L.) and considering the Quark has a highly polished smooth reflector this is pretty impressive. :twothumbs

The LED. is perfectly centered and everything is spotless. :party:

Last edited:

choombak

Enlightened
Got my first HDS light today, EDC-T1B-120 #20694. I am impressed - overbuilt, hefty, perfectly centered GoldenDragon emitter, and a complicated programming manual. :)