HDS Systems #23

Johnnyh

Enlightened
I'd love to see a picture of your Fraz next to an HDS, if it's nit to much trouble and not too off topic, please.
P
I know you didn't ask me Peter but here's a Tiny nugget 18650 next to a Rotary

3sAEt0Y.jpg

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rotary with Fraz Lumenite 26350

Wow, that is one fat light! I imagine it throws pretty well too with that size.

Pocketing even the tiny nugget would really create a bulge in the pocket. [emoji16]

Mgizler

Enlightened
Man you all beat me to it!! Hahah. It's definitely noticeable in the pocket. That's the category where the HDS wins. However....it's not bad. I carry mine in the left front pocket next to me phone and it remains upright. Big bulge [emoji23]

nbp

Flashaholic
Wow, that is one fat light! I imagine it throws pretty well too with that size.

Pocketing even the tiny nugget would really create a bulge in the pocket. [emoji16]

It's a head to toe chonk. Lol. This one is going to a new home for that reason. It does throw well. There's a ton of info in the Fraz Lights thread if you need any more questions answered there. ;)

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a head to toe chonk. Lol. This one is going to a new home for that reason. It does throw well. There's a ton of info in the Fraz Lights thread if you need any more questions answered there. ;)
I looked around there and I like its really unique design. I wasn't sure which model I would have preferred since they all chunky. So for now I will wait and see what changes will be made to the design. Seems like Fraz has got a lot of stuff planned for this year. :)

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man you all beat me to it!! Hahah. It's definitely noticeable in the pocket. That's the category where the HDS wins. However....it's not bad. I carry mine in the left front pocket next to me phone and it remains upright. Big bulge [emoji23]
I think that might stretch your pants somewhat over time. [emoji16]

whill44

Enlightened
Not wanting to :dedhorse:!!!

Just trying to spread some info, if you have a clicky HDS and are looking for a another clip solution, here it is.
Clicky deep carry clip 1 by William Hill, on Flickr

After you open up the internal diameter of the clip ring you can fit it on the light just like any other clip with no further mods.
Clicky deep carry 2 by William Hill, on Flickr

You gain a hat brim holder and deep carry. The light will still tail stand but has a slight wobble. YMMV.

wweiss

Enlightened
I used my NB45 in an ArmyTek snap-on headband as my snow blower headlight last night and tonight.
Makes a perfect headlight...

1F35BFA3-A463-44BF-8238-D916B1A93AE4_1_201_a.jpg
937AAA8F-F842-4ABB-B06C-1C9A35460677_1_201_a.jpg

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope TG doesn't mind, I just thought this post in a thread about rugged 18650 lights would be fun to discuss....
A HDS? In a toolbox? 

I use mine (plural) every day as tools, I do clean them up afterwards, but they all work for their livings.
P

Last edited:

wweiss

Enlightened
I've been after someting like that for ages, thanks for the tip.
P

I don't know if ArmyTek sells their headband as an accessory. Mine is from a Wizard Pro v2 I got a few years ago. The HDS body is just a little wider than the Wizard but the arms of the holder snap tight and there are teats at the ends that just go beyond the tangents of the body, so the fit is secure but easily removable.