HDS Systems #23

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a super-hard user.
Less capacity just means I need to carry more batteries.
This belt is perfect for 16340-18650 batteries.
You're missing out on serious run time if you aren't wearing one of these across your chest.
Why across your chest, well because your gun belt sits on the waist.

1663368006068.png

There's this option for those that are hard users, but not quite super-hard users
1663368269002.png

Last edited:

glimmer

Newly Enlightened
Very glad to see the Nichia options back up on the HDS website! Thanks to RPC for the heads up on that. I ordered another 3500K rotary. Hi CRI is where it's at for me.

I laughed at the idea of spending $300 for a flashlight the first time I heard of HDS. Now I own 4. :ROFLMAO: The rotary control is brilliant. These get daily use. Thanks HDS!

I took a walk around the neighborhood tonight with my amber Rotary on very low (there is almost no lighting where I live), and noticed that all of the local dogs that saw the amber beam seemed to become agitated and fearful! Has anyone else noticed this?

glimmer

Newly Enlightened
I took a walk around the neighborhood tonight with my amber Rotary on very low (there is almost no lighting where I live), and noticed that all of the local dogs that saw the amber beam seemed to become agitated and fearful! Has anyone else noticed this?
Are you Satan or a vampire or something? Because this is what happens in every movie I've ever seen...

TentativeMeteorite

Newly Enlightened
No issues here so far. The neighbor's dogs bark the same frequent amount as usual. I also wonder about your vampire status, have you checked to see if you have a reflection? My cat also doesn't have an issue, he'd probably be more interested if it attracted bugs haha

paddyie

Newly Enlightened
Should i order NB40 or NB45? Right now i got one NB4 and i am really happy with it. Is there anybody with comparison shots?

s85sss

Newly Enlightened
hey guys,
what do you use to keep your rotary control smooth?
mine has become very stiff, been using it a lot outdoors

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey guys,
what do you use to keep your rotary control smooth?
mine has become very stiff, been using it a lot outdoors
It isn't user serviceable. Send Henry an email: [email protected] and he will have you send it in and he will service it... not at all like a farmer has his cow serviced nor the meaning of service in Internal Revenue Service.

Duster1671

Enlightened
Should i order NB40 or NB45? Right now i got one NB4 and i am really happy with it. Is there anybody with comparison shots?
I have the NB40 and NB45. On the NB45, the hotspot + corona is cleaner and the spill is of course cooler and has a little more pink.

Which do you value more, clean and crisp or a little bit of warmth? That's how I would decide between NB40 and NB45.

neco

Enlightened
Left to right: NB35 Rotary, NB40 Rotary, NB45 Rotary.

I think it comes down to personal preference and use cases. The NB45 feels sharper and good for identifying colors or looking for lost objects or critter hunting. I like using NB35 while checking on my sleeping kids or ceiling bouncing to light up a room, feels less likely to wake up the kids with a warmer/softer temp. NB35 is a bit warm for daytime use in comparison to NB45 and when trying to use it to find the right color shirt in a pitch dark closet it's not as good as NB45 for that in my opinion. NB40 is a nice balanced option which is neither too sharp or warm. Not sure if it's just me but I always associate NB35 as being slightly pink, NB40 as slightly yellow and NB45 as slightly blue. Overall however NB40 felt the most pure white to me.

Attachments

• E1FC0BED-5EF2-4101-92A4-657649102A0C.jpeg
    E1FC0BED-5EF2-4101-92A4-657649102A0C.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 122

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Below is the guy I buy my emitters from. Look at his pics and charts if you want to buy a 219b.
He's got the high-end pro gear to measure and photo the bins/batches he has.
Also -- the reflector and glass can change the beam color. So there's that.

karp

Newly Enlightened
Damn good timing by myself if I do say so myself! Got the NLT order in before these new offerings gumming up the queue. :)