Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
A little clicky Bling!

DSC_0024a.jpg

DSC_0025a.jpg

DSC_0030a.jpg

Currently installing Ice Blue Trits into another Bezel for the titanium!

What size are your trits? And where did you get them? Thanks.

Greighps

Newly Enlightened
It's too bad Henry isn't doing another titanium clicky run. With all the trouble he's had with machine shops, I can understand why.

A couple weeks back i emailed henry about this, and this was the reply:

"Once we get caught up, we will do a titanium run of the Clicky and Rotary lights - but that will be months from now.

Henry"

I told Henry i would keep my mouth shut about theinformation, just in case, but he said several people already knew, and it didnt seem to be anything to hide.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little eye candy contribution.....my two 170's :naughty:

biryqc.jpg

mikesantor

Enlightened
I got a question for the HDS Junkies. Im always looking for well built lights to add to my rotation as an EMT. From what I read, it does not get any more bomb proof than an HDS. My question is, were there ever any HDS lights made that excepted 18mm batteries? Also, From what I hear the HDS is really thick and beefy. Does anyone know if there is enough meat on the body to bore one of these out to 18mm without losing much strength? Unfortunately all my lights are 18mm and I have made up my mind that I was not going to get special batteries for lights. Its 18mm or nothing.

Thanks for the help!

archimedes

Flashaholic
I got a question for the HDS Junkies. Im always looking for well built lights to add to my rotation as an EMT. From what I read, it does not get any more bomb proof than an HDS. My question is, were there ever any HDS lights made that excepted 18mm batteries? Also, From what I hear the HDS is really thick and beefy. Does anyone know if there is enough meat on the body to bore one of these out to 18mm without losing much strength? Unfortunately all my lights are 18mm and I have made up my mind that I was not going to get special batteries for lights. Its 18mm or nothing.

Thanks for the help!

To my knowledge, the only HDS/Ra model that could accept 18mm batteries was the Ra Twisty with 19670 tube. Even with that particular battery tube, many 18650's are a tight fit. Protected cells, of course, are usually a little bit wider and may be a tighter fit. The newer (highest capacity) cells also tend to be larger, and may not fit, as well ....

As for boring, likely not recommended, as I have heard of members damaging signal wires or electronic components contained in the battery walls when attempting to modify the tube.

Last edited:

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
To my knowledge, the only HDS/Ra model that could accept 18mm batteries was the Ra Twisty with 19670 tube. Even with that particular battery tube, many 18650's are a tight fit. Protected cells, of course, are usually a little bit wider and may be a tighter fit. The newer (highest capacity) cells also tend to be larger, and may not fit, as well ....

As for boring, likely not recommended, as I have heard of members damaging signal wires or electronic components contained in the battery walls when attempting to modify the tube.

If i remember correctly, the second Twisty batch had a slightly larger 19760 tube that accept any 18650. I've just tried with all my 18650 and they all fit but I don't own any of the larger capacity new cells to test.

There was also a very rare 18650 tube made for the original EDC serie (AKA ''pre-Novatac''), less than 100 were ever produced. Tim just scored one, see here...

There is also a well known hack for the existing 17670 ''pre-Novatac'' that can turned easily in a 18650 one... see here.

bansuri

Enlightened
Official product request:
Ability to accept 18350 batteries.
A little plastic insert could be inserted for CR123 use to prevent rattle.

archimedes

Flashaholic
If i remember correctly, the second Twisty batch had a slightly larger 19760 tube that accept any 18650. I've just tried with all my 18650 and they all fit but I don't own any of the larger capacity new cells to test.

There was also a very rare 18650 tube made for the original EDC series (AKA ''pre-Novatac''), less than 100 were ever produced. Tim just scored one, see here...

There is also a well known hack for the existing 17670 ''pre-Novatac'' that can turned easily in a 18650 one... see here.

Ah, yes ... in my mind, for some reason, I always think of the "pre-Novatac" era lights as entirely separate from the HDS/Ra (and later) models :)

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's too bad Henry isn't doing another titanium clicky run. With all the trouble he's had with machine shops, I can understand why.
When Henry first announced the latest line of lights, he mentioned that the heat transfer had been decoupled from the body so that he could use more exotic materials without worrying about overheating (titanium, for instance, is a terrible heat conductor). I still think a carbon fiber Rotary or Clicky would be awesome.

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright, I need a new weaponlight while I send the X7 in for a fix-up, and I've always wanted one of these. What's the skinny on the delay times? Is Henry almost back up to speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.