HDS Systems EDC # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way, Henry said that the best throwing clicky is LE 250, current LE 140 still uses GDP, as I understand.

The 250 seems like it could throw quite well. My 200 clicky gives more lux than my 325 lumen XP-G2 Malkoff E2 Scout head fed by two CR123s.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I wonder why Henry doesn't think he would sell a lot of 1xAA lights? It seems to me that it could be immensely popular.

Did you read the post above your's? Seems like a moot point here. Henry is not going to build a 1 AA light at this time. Please move one.

Bill

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
It's already been generally noted, but just seeing a post from Henry, and now Hogokansatsukan posting on a regular basis, on top of knowing that Henry finally got machinists he's happy with are some great signs and now talk of a Ti Rotary.

Last edited:

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you read the post above your's? Seems like a moot point here. Henry is not going to build a 1 AA light at this time. Please move one.
Yes, I did read the post above mine which is what prompted my question. Why is this an inappropriate topic of discussion?

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's already been generally noted, but just seeing a post from Henry, and now Hogokansatsukan posting on a regular basis, on top of knowing that Henry finally got machinists he's happy with are some great signs and now talk of a Ti Rotary.

I'd be in for the pair :)

A Clicky and a Rotary, both Titanium.
Now that's what I'm talking about !

Maxbelg

Enlightened
Yes, I did read the post above mine which is what prompted my question. Why is this an inappropriate topic of discussion?

A question about the possibility, desirability and popularity of a single AA HDS light seems to be an appropriate discussion in a general HDS thread. It might even be interesting to Henry to see what flashaholics daydream about.

Snareman

Enlightened
I was at Henry's yesterday picking up a new model to test and I totally spaced it. I know "bad CPFer! Bad! Bad!"
I will try to remember when I'm there on Tuesday.

Did you forget us with that picture of the Lochness Monster Rotary clip? :)

redryder

Enlightened
HDS Nichia 219a HCRI vs HDS Nichia 219b NW: Has anyone compared these two? Are there any differences? (Ie tint, color rendering, beam pattern, etc).

Vlk

Banned
Is Henry considering building a XM-L2 light using 18650? I'm not looking for a 1000lm sustained max mode, since that doesn't make sense because of heat, but I would love to see a really powerful burst mode and a much lower sustained max mode (like 960 burst and 340 or 480 sustained).

It would be nice if that 18650 tube light could also work on 2 123A primaries. I doubt that that's the idea he entertains, but who knows?

Phil40000

Newly Enlightened
If I may ask, what were the issues that required them to go back?

The rotary had a broken signal wire in the body/tail section and the 170T it turns out is fine. I had suspected that it was one of the Legacy lights that had a bad capacitor that made the battery drain faster on standby. I was happy to be proved wrong and it has a clean bill of health.

The broken signal wire was probably down to the fact that i change the head between a flush button body/switch assembly and a raised body/switch unit i have.

Kwazyjuice

Newly Enlightened
Got my Rotary 250 a couple weeks ago and love it!! Definitely a sweet light!!! I think that candle mode is Awesome!!

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you forget us with that picture of the Lochness Monster Rotary clip? :)

I didn't forget a picture of Nessie. I just got home.
Single AA light is still a definite "no go". Sorry guys.
This is the prototype and is not as nice looking as the finished clip should be for the Rotary. On the other side is a small screw that will apply pressure to the bezel or tail to keep it on the light.
I still think a good leather holster is the way to go, but then I'm a bit biased. :duh2:

IMG_0670_zpsa6960e5b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.