HDS Systems EDC # 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

hombreluhrs

Enlightened
What am I supposed to do if I have a rotary tube with a worn down rubber boot? Or what if it gets a tear in it from being dropped? My only option is to buy a whole new rotary tube?

or possibly send it in to Henry for a fixin?

Last edited:

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
What am I supposed to do if I have a rotary tube with a worn down rubber boot? Or what if it gets a tear in it from being dropped? My only option is to buy a whole new rotary tube?

or possibly send it in to Henry for a fixin?

Sell it and get Clicky. You'll never have to worry about that again.

Ok I'm kidding. I'm sure Henry will repair it, but you will need to send it in. I know he's replaced worn boots on clickys before.

hombreluhrs

Enlightened

Ok I'm kidding. I'm sure Henry will repair it, but you will need to send it in. I know he's replaced worn boots on clickys before.

Thanks Slumber Pass,
I got clickies comin out my....... Uh excuse me ..I have enough clickies :) I'm not too worried about the worn boot, it's still got some checkering left..just thought I'd ask here for future reference.

O and the boot change on a clicky is easy....a rotary..not so much:duh2:

FullTwisting

Newly Enlightened

That's why Twisties are the bees knees!

Boy, I sure wish HDS would reconsider bringing them back... :poke:

Rossymeister

Enlightened
Looks like you can order the 18680 tubes when you buy a new clicky. Who's ordering one?

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
My tip would be to ask for perfect ano match with your order.
I ordered two from Dan and he's been super helpful and accurate with his shipping (description on package etc.) so i'm sure if you'll ask he'll pick one out with perfect ano for you.

Unfortunately, that is something I can't do. Wish I could. HDS won't allow it. Remember, Henry is about function, not beauty, so as long as there isn't missing ano, color matching them won't happen. It has gotten better with his new vendors.
If it absolutely has to match, have it Cerakoted.

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened
Ahh oke, then disregard my comment everybody :p I can understand the thought but on this forum alone it stops people from buying them, so I think getting the ano right would (business wise) be a important criteria.
As said before I don't mind and don't even notice it anymore, love the Tactical, but looking at it from a pure financial point of view: Spot on ano = more sells = more profit :)

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
This forum represents a tiny fraction of Henry's business. The vast majority of his sales are to people who treat flashlights like tools and don't give a crap about matching anodizing.

+1. Heck, I respect the fact that folks want matching anodizing.

I'm a CPF junkie and fan of HDS, and the ano is not that big a deal to me. I just want the darn thing to work, all the time, and it does (well, TECHNICALLY, all three of mine do... :eek:).

2 of my three suffer from slight mismatch of head and body ano, but it takes an intentional effort of my part looking for it to really see it. Oh, yeah - it's there - just doesn't matter to me.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
18650 anyone?
IMG_1649_zpsxrobktvx.jpg

Shown next to a standard 123.

Status
Not open for further replies.