HDS Systems EDC # 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumbojumboo

Newly Enlightened
Had to get one while I could... I'm a big fan of 18650 but this makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up... and light up like trits.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best setup Mambojumboo! That 2AA tube is awesome! By the way what emitter is the one with the CR123 tube?

dyril

Newly Enlightened
On my new Clicky, if I click six times from off, it remains in a sort of Morse code mode where the UI is strictly being momentary on maximum brightness. I can resume normal operation by removing the head for a reset. Is there a way to disable this feature? I tried searching but don't know what I should be looking for..

EDIT: It's true momentary. So to truly avoid it I would have to stop having a happy finger..

Last edited:

flashlight nut

Enlightened
If you do not disable the ability to toggle beacon mode on/off with 4 clicks you will activate it while clicking 6 times for pure momentary. You have to disable beacon in the mode menu.

scout24

Flashaholic
Thanks for the tip on momentary mode... I have a quick question, applogies if it's been addressed- What is the max drive level for the Hyper Reds? Are they all just driven at the 1 amp max, or are they calibrated to a set standard like the regular HDS offerings? Perhaps the emitter has a lower max drive level? Thanks in advance. :)

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I'm sold on everything but the rotary dial. Has anyone experienced it not being where you left it after some pocket clip carry?
It's very well damped but I never rely on it staying where I left it myself. When I turn it on I'll just dial approximately where I think I'll need it, or I'll dial it in before turning it on if I think I might be wanting a lower level.

I love the true momentary option.
Me too. Along with the auto-shutoff and memory it's been one of my go-to features ever since I got my first Ra. No need for the memory feature with my Rotary, but my Clicky is still setup that way.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the tip on momentary mode... I have a quick question, applogies if it's been addressed- What is the max drive level for the Hyper Reds? Are they all just driven at the 1 amp max, or are they calibrated to a set standard like the regular HDS offerings? Perhaps the emitter has a lower max drive level? Thanks in advance. :)

Max is driven at 1 amp.

d13avo

Enlightened
My HDS 170N got quite a lot of use today. Love these lights!
ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1433363907.381361.jpg

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I appreciate the time you all took to help me out.. I'm sold on everything but the rotary dial. Has anyone experienced it not being where you left it after some pocket clip carry? I'm thinking the 325 tactical. I don't see anything about the 250 being throwier, just a bump in hotspot with the 325 correct?
The short answer is that the dial doesn't turn unless you want it to.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I really love the color of the hyper red but just couldn't justify purpose since I have no real use for red led. My 170N could put out a low enough output so using red wouldn't be practical for me...but when I see one turned on I just want it. LOL Too bad there is no magic led that changes colors. Filters do nothing for me.

My rotary nice and tight.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Grip is great, the longer tube has a nice feel to it.
Looks identical to the earlier 17670 bodies, but you now have the longer
runtime of the 18650 cell.

Here's my hyper red, really enjoying it.
It's currently sporting a Delghi Ti bezel with 3 red trits.
Dark Sucks Ti clip with a piece of red heat shrink tube for easy identification.

5A373A4D-232F-4C25-A020-436D927CC87D_zpsa9ornfxa.jpg

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm wondering the same thing. How is the grip?
The knurling is not as aggressive as the 17670 tube I had with the legacy clicky but there is still ample traction. It felt nice, like there's some micro serration there helping with traction. Really dig this tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.