HDS Systems EDC # 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say it's not likely that the sand got past the two o-rings. It is probably in there where the holding wire is in place.

I agree with what a few others have mentioned. There are a few places where the Rotary is just out of place. At the beach with fine sand is definitely one of them. I think a Clicky is a better choice for a wet, salty, sandy environment.

DucS2R

Enlightened
Lots of great information, opinions, and pics in the last thread. Hate to see it obscured from new users who jump into this thread as it was all pretty current, the thread wasn't even 3 weeks old.

Thanks, that is very helpful

T

calflash

Enlightened
SOYCD - I hereby command you to provide a picture of the rotary tail cap operation the next time you do it......please:)?

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOYCD - I hereby command you to provide a picture of the rotary tail cap operation the next time you do it......please:)?

Teeheehee....... SOLD. I have one more I want to tighten up so I promise to take a photo documentary of disassembly, clean-up, re-lube and re-assembly. I'll get to it over the weekend.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say it's not likely that the sand got past the two o-rings. It is probably in there where the holding wire is in place.

I agree with what a few others have mentioned. There are a few places where the Rotary is just out of place. At the beach with fine sand is definitely one of them. I think a Clicky is a better choice for a wet, salty, sandy environment.

Yeah, I was thinking the same, but I had a weak moment, then edited (to avoid a Clicky vs Rotary debate) my suggestion to DB to possibly look at the MarketPlace for a lightly used Clicky to carry while he's at the beach.

Pops

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Hiro. It's a sweet holster, but eala's smooth leather holster is pretty sweet as well. Nice slender smooth profile for easy carry.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a technical reason to lock the old thread when the post count gets high?

--flatline

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep.
Out of town. Darn tablets and smart phones stink for typing.
How are you supposed to type on these things with fat pudgy fingers?
Will respond to other questions Tuesday when I can use a real keyboard.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep.
Out of town. Darn tablets and smart phones stink for typing.
How are you supposed to type on these things with fat pudgy fingers?
Will respond to other questions Tuesday when I can use a real keyboard.

Stylus pen

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got one on the way now! :twothumbs

Congrats! Lets us know how the beam profile is like when your light arrives, as well as a photo or two would be great if you've got the time.

Pops

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Congrats! Lets us know how the beam profile is like when your light arrives, as well as a photo or two would be great if you've got the time.
It'll be fun to compare beam, tint and low output on all three that I'll have together at once.
Pretty sure I'll be trying to swap the emitter to something else, like maybe an XP-L???

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could I ask , I have a few 550 mAh IMR & some new keeppower 700mAh for my HDS - out of these which would you use?,
why?.
thanks lots!.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
It'll be fun to compare beam, tint and low output on all three that I'll have together at once.
Pretty sure I'll be trying to swap the emitter to something else, like maybe an XP-L???

Thanks ... :thumbsup:

Pops

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could I ask , I have a few 550 mAh IMR & some new keeppower 700mAh for my HDS - out of these which would you use?,
why?.
thanks lots!.

Under higher loads .5-1.0 Amps you'll find that both of these cells have about the same capacity. The IMR cells will hold about their rated capacity while the Keepower cells will drop a bit do to load. I don't think there is anything wrong with either cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.