How many flashlights do you EDC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I need help. I EDC 5 flashlights,all stashed in my backpack. 1. Arc AA 2.Arc AAA GS 3. 4Sevens Preon 2. 4.UK Vizion headlight. 5. Cheap 9LED 3AAA light.(this one is probably about $3).

Am I crazy or just paranoid?

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
First forum in my life, I am pleased to be with you!

Pierre :)

Picture is here : https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/237805&page=6 post 169.

:welcome:

I think I need help. I EDC 5 flashlights,all stashed in my backpack. 1. Arc AA 2.Arc AAA GS 3. 4Sevens Preon 2. 4.UK Vizion headlight. 5. Cheap 9LED 3AAA light.(this one is probably about $3).

Neither...I am sitting here with a SF E1B in my right front pocket, a T100C2MkII on my belt, a P20C2 inside pocket of my jacket (hanging on the back of my chair), an iTP A3 on my keychain and LF SP9 with P7 head in my laptop bag....come to think of it we might be crazy

edit: So I'm looking for something in my bag and I found a P20A2 and a 4 pack of AA Lithium batteries....

Last edited:

heater

Newly Enlightened
I carry the EO1 in my tail bag of my bike. (KLR650) We do alot of off road riding. I carry the M20 warrior on me. The fenix TK20 in my truck, and the Dereelight with the new R5 on my headboard at home. I also use the EO1 with the nite ize head band for hunting, and fishing.:thumbsup:

CampingMaster

Newly Enlightened

May be not crazy or paranoid... but flashaholic. Hey hey hey!!!

The famous 3xAAA flashlight with 9 leds that you have -> I bought them here in Montreal between 2$ and 2.20$ and give maybe nearly fifty of them to friends. I was buying the complete display (16).

May be to lighten your backback you should have a minimum of two flashlights because if there is a problem with one (low battery without warning) you need a backup to change batteries.

With the incadescent (krypton and also xenon) years ago I had always with me a spare bulb but today the emitters are good for thousands of hours, what you need is fresh spare batteries.

I hope they are not all in the backpack... you are no serious! You should have one on your belt in a very good pouch and spares batteries not to far in one of the external pocket of the backpack.

Have a nice time in the backcountry for 2010!

This is my humble opinion.

Pierre

CARNAL1

Newly Enlightened
Usually 4 to 6:

Fenix L1D Q5/P2D Q5, on belt depends on which body I feel like using.

Fenix TK11 R2 in Front Right Pocket.

Surefire E1B with Z68 tailcap clipped in my Back Left Pocket.

Surefire 6P with Lighthound R2 Drop-in/E2DL w/F04 diffuser, just depends on my mood.

Solarforce L2 Black with 18650 extender, in coat pocket running an XP-G R5, a really nice set-up.

And last but not least, an ARC AAA-P (CS) on a Neck Lanyard.

Happy Dark Trails

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think you suffer from the, so called, flashoholic disease. I am sorry, what I know it's incurable! But don't be worry: you are in good company! :party:

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ti PD-S clipped to pocket
Sapphire Mule attached to belt loop
SPY 007 or LS27 or Sundrop 3S (Depends on where I'm going) clipped to belt
Quark Ti AA Tactical or Malkoff MD2 in backpack (Student)

-Mayo

GMLRS

Newly Enlightened
A Titanium Iluminati, can be taped to a hat, head, anywhere in a pinch.

My backup phone is a Nokia E63 it has a flashlight, the same LED as the camera flash, stays on when keypad is unlocked, momentary when keypad is locked. I bought it after seeing the flashlight /spacebar button. :takeit: My favorite backup or always handy light. Its floody. Battery life is great, the battery is HUGE, but the phone is small.Has wifi, and google voice search. Nite mode video works great, lower quality but great for documentation. $219 at frys (unlocked no contract), I see it for $179 often.

There is a new model, unlocked with a nicer camera, and more features.

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/nokia-e72-black-unlocked/4505-6452_7-33882676.html?tag=mncol;lst

Also a Ultrafire A1, as a beater, loaner, losable or giveaway. ( I really like the S.O.O. or O.S.O function) :help:

Looking for a good single RCR123, CR123. or single AA.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast

You do need serious help. Backpacks are for backups, and maps to the battery and light stores.

Swagg

Enlightened
In my pocket at all times is the Fenix LD05 pen light. When I have my bag with me, I also drop in my Leef 2x18500 body with the LF led in. If I have room I also drop in my 2D ROP Hi runing on AW IMR 26500 cells. Now if I have my backpack I also drop in my headlamp. With these lights I fell like all the bases are covered.

phoneguy

Enlightened
At work I carry:
Jetbeam Military on belt holster
Streamlight penlight in carpenters pocket
EZCR2 in pocket
Headlamp in work vehicle
CR2 ION on keys
Streamlight single AAA in jacket pocket

At home:
CR@ ION on keys
EZCR2 in pocket

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
1-Peak Matterhorn 1xAAA keychain
Main light rotation: SF E series KL1 head with 1x123, E1B or HDS U-60.

Warp

Enlightened
Two. A compact 2xCR123 in my left front pocket next to my peppery spray plus a keychain light.

My Fenix P3D has been replaced by a Quark 123^2 Tactical R5 for pocket duty. The keychain light has primaily been a Fenix P1D-Q5 for awhile. Sometimes I downize to an E01 and I am considering an iTP A3/MiNi 123 as well.

You are crazy. If not for your backpack you have no lights. That just won't cut it, you need at least one on your person

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Have a Titan T1A on neck lanyard, a little blue single AAA in shirt pocket and a Ra Hi CRI in my pants pocket, right now. Not bulky to me at all.

Bill

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that all you guys carry!?

Where's jtice when you need him..
jtice.jpg

maskman

Newly Enlightened
Hey, I like your southwest style sweater, where'd you get it?

No really, I'm impressed. I got a good chuckle from the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.