How many lumens is your edc?

slimshaneee

Newly Enlightened
Funny to see a few electricians chime in, I am an electrician too. I guess that naturally we work in dark at times so are probably more prone to getting into flashlights.

I edc a 4 sevens minix 123 lately too, and I usually use the middle range of 45 lumens, The 210 is fun to show off once in awhile though.
I am thinking of picking up an hds clicky, and just sort of wondering if it is worth paying extra for more lumens. I've been trying to be cheaper (one of my new years resolutions :D)

I guess I have the opinion that 100 is probably good enough for almost everything I need, but more is fun.
I liked that horsepower analogy.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Just the 60-70 lumens of the old LF2XT running on NiMHs. If I have a coat there's usually a few more lumens in the pocket.

Geoff

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
less than 1 lumen to 400ish normally.

Sometimes about 5-400 lumen. All my EDC lights have a pretty low low and a pretty high max. Usually with a few option in between.

Itinifni

Newly Enlightened
As I started reading this thread I prepared to reply but as I went on I realized all my advice was already covered, I think TEEJ summed it up best. I have lights that run up to about 800lm that can be EDCd, after that they get to large to be considered EDCs. While I use most all of them for work/recreation purposes the two that I EDC are a Titanium Innovations Illumina Ti and a TerraLux Lightstar 100, both approximately 100lm. And most of the time I use them on the lower levels.

The Lightstar was inexpensive, the Ti was not, at least by my standards. The Lightstar is by far my most used light. The beam is not quite what I would like (to much of a spot), it's not as bright as I would like (though I usually use it on the low setting) and it has a strobe mode which I have no use for. When I first got it I threw it on my belt in place of my Olight T10, a light of perfect ergonomics, beam, runtime, etc. (IMHO) figuring I'd play with it for a few weeks and give it away. More than a year later it's still on my belt every day, I don't know why, I just like it.

Funny thing, this flashlight addiction.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
My EDC hasn't changed, but its lumen output has :)

My TriEDC has just had a HCRI upgrade, and driver power downgrade (for better runtimes, less heat and a lower low) taking it from ~500 lumens down to ~300 lumens. Still plenty bright on high, though.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 3 edc lights
One tops out at 100 lumens, one at 200, and one at 1000 lumens.

In all honesty I use a lower setting more often.
Somewhere between 15 and 60 lumens.

My 1000 lumen light is very very floody, it will light my whole front yard easily, but only throws about as far as my 200 lumen light. (because the 200 lumen light has a tighter beam, the hotspots are similar brightness and throw around the same, but the 1000 lumen light just has a massive hotspot (maybe 5 times larger at a guess)

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
My edc for the past two months comes in at a little under 50 lumens on high.
It's a little AAA light and has been more than adequate for when I've needed it.
I have brighter edc lights but prefer to carry this one because of the HCRI LED it uses.

Actually thinking of picking up a Fenix E15 soon if I can find someone to swap out the emitter for me.
If I do it then it will go from 140 lumens stock high level, down to about 100 lumens on high.
Imagine, modding a light to lower the output?
Years ago I would've called myself crazy.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
My main EDC light,a Ti Preon 2 (running off of 2 Energizer lithium AAAs) is 160 lumens,and it's more than enough.That doesn't count my 50 plus lumen UK Vizion or my 3 lumen Arc AA.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I generally EDC <100 max and prefer lights with good low-ends. 80% of my usage is probably split equally between < 1 "moonlight" and a low single digit lumen (2 or 4). I like getting my eyes into night vision mode, and keeping them there. On the other hand, my lights have ridiculous runtimes, like 300-400 hours on 1xAA or 60 hours on 1xAAA.

About the only time I use max is if I get caught bicycling out at night, or if I feel like I'm being stalked by an vicious animal :eek:oo:.

rkJr

Enlightened
Always have an HDC Ra Clicky 140, 170 or 200 on me, especially when I go to the movies(In case of power failures or whatever):popcorn:

Samy

Enlightened
I also EDC a Preon 2. This tiny flashlight puts out some serious lumens.

If I'm going to be a fair distance from home I also take my SC51 and my Fenix E01 is always on my keys, very handy.

jssp78

Newly Enlightened
E1L 3-45.
Peak El Capitan level 4 NIMH 35-40.
Klarus M10 SS 3-60.
Icon Link 6-50.
E1B 80-5.

Glock 22

Enlightened
My EDC is an Eagletac MKII XM-L T6 it's 524 OTF lumens, great hot spot with really great spill to get a wide side to side line of sight that really suits me perfect. It runs on 2xCR123A batteries. Little over $70 buck well worth every penny.

kwak

Enlightened
750Lm SC600 here.

IMG_9000.jpg

I have a few smaller lower powered torches, but after having that much power and used it i would not go for much less now.

Last edited:

jellydonut

Enlightened
Anywhere from 400 to 600, I have no idea really. It's a 6P with an XM-L dropin, so it's around there. I've got a two-stage tailcap so I have a low mode available too, although I tend to use high for the most part.

Latest posts