How many lumens is your edc?

ericjohn

Enlightened
very humble my pelican mity lite 1960 LED is 24 lumens; and my mini maglite incan. is about 14 lumens...cannot wait to get a more powerful mini maglite pro with 200 lumens.

davyro

Enlightened
Funny to see a few electricians chime in, I am an electrician too. I guess that naturally we work in dark at times so are probably more prone to getting into flashlights.

I edc a 4 sevens minix 123 lately too, and I usually use the middle range of 45 lumens, The 210 is fun to show off once in awhile though.
I am thinking of picking up an hds clicky, and just sort of wondering if it is worth paying extra for more lumens. I've been trying to be cheaper (one of my new years resolutions :D)

I guess I have the opinion that 100 is probably good enough for almost everything I need, but more is fun.
I liked that horsepower analogy.

i'm EDC'ing a HDS 170T now & it's a brilliant well built workhorse that you wouldn't regret buying,so all in all if your using it for work
& you want a light that won't let you down,my advice is go for it.:thumbsup:

eg1977

Newly Enlightened
NovaTac SPL-120 (120, 10, 0.3 lumens plus strobe)
6750780401_993f0ceae7.jpg

Zencyl

Newly Enlightened
I EDC a 4sevens Quark AA2 which on the box lists 208lm on max and .2 for moonlight. I use all the modes. Its a great pocket light and now im debating between putting a P0 on my keychain or a P2 in my shirt pocket, or I guess the real debate is which one to buy first.

BVH

Flashaholic
4Sevens Mini123 using RCR123 so probably slightly sub 300 Lumens and I also use all levels every day. If it didn't have the "high" mode, I would not be using it.

Helmut.G

Enlightened
My EDC lights need a big brightness range, i.e. go very low and very high in brightness at the same time.
I usually carry a Thrunite Scorpion Turbo, a Sunwayman V10R or sometimes a novatac 85T as a secondary, most of the time a liteflux LF2XT as a small backup and most of the time a fenix E01 as a small backup backup.

you see, one single-mode indestructible, one 21-mode and three infinitely variables.

I love the Scorpion because it can be used completely single-handed and because it has the moonlight.
Example: driving in the dark, GF wants to read, I can pull it off my belt, un-lock it and turn it on moonlight all with my right hand and without ever taking my eyes off the street.

pounder

Newly Enlightened
zlt sc600..so 750 lumens on high..medium at 65 lumens does mostly everything though..

Fitz11

Newly Enlightened
Quark AA2 tactical 205 max and it sees the most use on medium (around 50lm)

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
i EDC a rockey 3AAA 90/180/sos and i love it, it's cheap, fairly easy on Batts, and hangs nice from my keyclip. i'd like it if it had a moonlight setting but for the $10 i pay'd for it, and the beating it's taken over the life i've had it, i don't think i've gone wrong. 90lm does plenty for around the house and the 180lm does wonders lighting up my backyard for the stray noise here and there. the strobe has come in handy attracting my kids attn in stores/parking lots and other public places as well. i also have one of these with a red filter on my nightstand as a nightlight for finding the misc items needed and not wake up the Mrs. :)

Richub

Enlightened
I'm counting the lights I carry on my person here:

Fenix E05: 27 lumen. In case I just need some light at close range.
Fenix E15: 140 lumen max, usually used at 75 lumen. For outdoor use.

These 2 lights are sufficient for about 85% of the tasks I need a light for.

Lights carried in my EDC backpack vary from 300+ lumen (PD31 and TK15) to 800+ lumen (TK35 or TK41)

Snareman

Enlightened
Depending on which light I'm carrying usually 180-200 with a low end of 0.8. Both ends are important. The 0.8-200 will be fulfilled by my soon to be arriving HDS Rotary. Otherwise I most often carry a Fenix PD20 that goes to 180.

Darvis

Enlightened
Like most, I carry more than one for both varied output and features:

Primary is an L1 with an RCR; 45/110
Backup is an SC51; sub lumen-200
Preon Revo on the keychain; 4-80
Single level XM-L P60 @ 3.1 amps for about 600 (In the man-purse- yes, I carry a man purse)

Most often, it's the short push of the L1 that does the trick, so 45 lumens about does it.

ltxi

Newly Enlightened
About 40.....a JIL CR2 that's been riding in my off hand pants pocket daily for seven plus years. Still looks like new.

Bubble8644

Newly Enlightened
New to the forum but after finding out what edc stood for mine is a olight i1 so I believe it can produce up 180 but I only ever really use it on its second setting which is 40.

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Been EDCing my novatac 120P modded to warm XM-L, mostly on med/40-50 lum. When I'm working, lately I've been taking my novatac 85T with me. It's used mostly on high/85, and lowlow/.3.

Nic