How many lumens is your edc?

potpot

Newly Enlightened
For me, around 25 lumens has been more than enough for most of my daily usage even though my light can go higher.

ico

Enlightened
Well someone is cranky. I may have been too general to say that and I am sorry. What I was only trying to say is that with my specific use(Light is only used very moderately.Light is not used for work) , a 100 is pretty much enough and it may not be applicable to all but at least some have the same view.

Like as you said, "enough" is a subjective word meaning it has a different value depending on the person. For you, enough = "When we can have daylight from a pocket sized light, in a large enough pool so as to allow our eyes to use it all, with high CRI so that the objects are rendered accurately".
For me, enough = 100.

That is all I have to say. I may or may not read the next "novel" someone is going to post but I would not reply anymore. The OP asked a question and I just answered from my POV.

Fenix TK70: 2200 Lumens
Oh, my! It's awesome fore an EDC.
Best carried with a clip!

Last edited:

ikeyballz

Newly Enlightened
I EDC a Quark AA running on 14505...So pretty much the same specs as the Quark 123: 0.2 to 205 Lumens. Usually kept at the 205L.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
ITPA3 - 1.5L, 25L, 75L
Quark AAT - 2L, 120L (eneloop)
Ako-Ray K109 - 15L, 50L, 135L (ball-park estimates)
L1T - 15L, 95L

zenbeam

Enlightened
I carry an EagleTac D25C (clicky-verted) in my pocket (sometimes in holster) most everywhere I go. 209lm OTF on High (Turbo), but with great Low & Med settings that I use quite a lot as well. Great portability and a decent variety of usable light outputs.

How does one EDC a Fenix TK70 anyway? Use it as a walking stick??? :crackup:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always got my "lego" quark p0 with a neutral dqg pill. 3 and 60 lumens with neutral tinted pure
flood :)

wbsneed

Newly Enlightened
My edc is typically about 120 lumens, but I will often carry a little AAA leatherman light which I think puts out maybe 12 lumens. They are both bright enough for everything I've come across.

Bigpal

Enlightened
I am asking myself this question and think I am going with EagleTac D25LC2. It's OTF lumens are 548/370/50/5. The way I see it is a more powerful flashlight can always get dimmer, but not the other way around. It's compact and even if I don't need them, the extra lumens will be there.

Last edited:

PaleBlueDot

Newly Enlightened
Quark Mini 123 in Neutral White and a slightly bigger Quark AA(2) in my bag.. Not sure how many lumens they are but they are plenty bright enough for anything I have had to do.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry a Peak Vesuvius running on 10440. It's very bright. I don't know the max. I also carry a Lumipower powered by the same battery. I often carry my Preon 2 as well. I'm never far from other lights should I need them. An EDC is very handy.

JurT

Newly Enlightened
My EDC is currently the m3 with turbo head and it has now 380 lumens. I can switch to 450 lumens. I carry it in v71 polymer holster.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Main EDC light is usually one of several models pushing 200+ lumens. Currently a Milky-modded SureFire L1.

Child of Rawls

Newly Enlightened
Zodiac modded Preon 1=80 lumens
Muyshondt Aeon=114 lumens
Lumipower incendio XML on RCRs=very bright like 400 on high
McGizmo Haiku=140 lumens

HaileStorm

Enlightened
My pocket edc is the xt2c which is 470lm. I find Klarus lights great for edc since there's access to strobe in any mode and I like to leave my lights on high when switched on.

I also have my xt11 in my bag which is at 600lm and my Romisen rc-t602 in my car's console pushing "1000lm" according to the manufacturer.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Danielight

Enlightened
Recently, I started carrying a Thrunite Ti "firefly" as my EDC. It's rated at 60 lumens (high) and 0.04 lumens (low). As a small AAA light, it fits well in my pants pocket; since I work in a well-lighted office building, I really don't need a monster light for an EDC. Currently, I have the Thrunite 60/3 lumen model on order ($10.99 special). When that arrives, I'll probably start to carry that instead, and leave the "firefly" model on my nightstand.