How's The Weather There ?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Is that an electric car warmer cover?

~ Chance

If it is...I want my money back...

Because it aint working.

Actually it's an old worn out universal sized Cover Craft Blok It 380 over a custom fit Cover Craft Evolution 4. Cats kept using the evolution for a scratching post so... I covered the cover.
Under it is a Honda Prelude.

^^ those little sticks poking out are 25" wiper blades. The arms raise them about 6" above the window.

Meanwhile mother nature is helping out with the van...and driveway for that matter.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Before .....

Hi bykfixer,

How much time had elapsed between the two photos? Do you have power, food and drink? :buddies:

~ Chance

Photo 1 was what we awoke to on Saturday after the storm had moved inland over us a bit and it drizzled all night. We had a 3/4" glaze over everything. But the storm had moved north.

The next photos were about an hour before the wrap around effect had ceased. We called it the Chuck Norris roundhouse kick affect due to all the winds.

We were stocked up ok on items provided the roof didn't come off the house.

Folks south of us were plagued with ice and those east got high winds to go with their ice. North and west are all buried in a powdery Utah snow.

Today the big dig begins.

^^ Mother nature hooked me up regarding the van.
There's concrete showing on the other side. :grin2:

Last edited:

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
in my part of NC we got a solid day and a half of nothing but face pelting sleet. which caused me to respond repeatedly "WHERE YOU AT, SNOW?!?!".

bykfixer

Flashaholic
in my part of NC we got a solid day and a half of nothing but face pelting sleet. which caused me to respond repeatedly "WHERE YOU AT, SNOW?!?!".

I watched the radar and kept thinking man it sucks to be those folks. That pink on the radar in a snow storm is never a good thing.
Later I saw reports of a lot of folks in NC being in the dark

When I lived in Greensboro there was an ice storm that coated the place with 4" of it. Living in a high point in a top floor apartment I watched a lightshow as one transformer after another was terminated.
So I started a batch of home made chicken noodle soup before retiring for the evening hoping the chicken cooked before the power went out.

Next morning I awoke to a warm apartment. Whut-thuh? Flipped on a light switch...light? Really?
Well my chicken soup had cooked all night so the noodles had pretty much melted into a mush, risen to the top and begun to crispy-fy.

From the Va border north to well south of high point south, to east of raleigh and west to statesville was completely dark. But an approx 2 mile radius around me never lost power.

Hope you guys have power back.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Very nice bike mr sun:cool: , here its 3oC ,wet,cold wind and miserable............even had some hail!
I could predict tomorrow will be the same............and the day after:shakehead

It aint no biking weather anyway :laughing:

Mr.Sun

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Ven :) I know lots of mighty fine Audio/Analog/Vinyl aficionados in UK, they certainly build some mighty fine Analog stuff.

stfc69

Newly Enlightened
Ah, I need another bike in my life!
Not that it's the weather for it as Ven said, it's 'insert expletive' miserable :(

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fog
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited: