How's The Weather There ?

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
9 °C, broken clouds, windy which makes it feel cold. Expect (much) rain coming week :(
As comedian Bill Cosby
https://youtu.be/bputeFGXEjA

was heard to say when he did a skit about Noah. "What's a cubit"?

I was in Amsterdam a few years back when after rain for a week straight and heavy winds from the north west, they raised the flood gates to keep the town from going under.

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
82 degrees, good orange-picking weather:

159479_dsc040401.jpg

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Ahhhhh springtime in the mid atlantic region of the east coast.

It was 40° when I left for work. By lunch it was 75... By sundown predicted to be 40 again.
No biggy.

Where I was going was in a possible tornado box for late in the day...ok so I'll leave early.
So I did....driving home I'm listening to the radio. Local forecasters burst in, voices all a-aquiver...
Tornado spotted!!! Eh, that's 20 miles to my right...
They bust back in... Another tornado spotted!!
Eh, that's 20 left to my left.
Then the flashing message sign lights up with "hazardous conditions ahead"...
Meanwhile, ironically it was nice n peaceful where I had left from.

I'm watching the radar for the next batch headed towards where I live....welp the radio just broke in speaking of a tornado where I had came from....
I hope they're ok there because that area is packed with double wides.

Normally this sort of thing is no biggy because we get one here or one there. And they last a few seconds...but there have been several that have lasted several minutes... like out in Kansas or Oklahoma.

Ahhhhh, springtime.

Edit:
Made it through round 2 unscathed.
It seems some folks found out the hard way that living in a double wide isn't just a bad idea in just Texas to Oklahoma.
I pray for their families as God called home a few folks in the next county. May they RIP.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
3 °C, Passing clouds and quite sunny during the day. Feels cold because of the wind, but besides that it's pleasant weather.

harro

Enlightened
In reference to StarHalo's pic post. An acquaintance attended a big Agri/fruit growing expo there only a few weeks back ( about 50-60 miles out from L.A. Sorry, I cant remember the name of the city ) and said that the weather was unseasonably warm. Something like about 28 deg C.
I know we only have about 3 weeks of daylight savings to endure, then its hello to darkness an hour earlier. You can just feel the sting starting to wane, in direct sun at present, but theres a massive area of high atmospheric pressure parked over the west of New Zealand presently, which is bringing a hot air mass down from central Aus, to the southern states. We're expecting nearly 40 deg C all this coming week ( 7-11 March ).

harro

Enlightened
Cant say i wouldnt be looking foward to some of those rainy clouds over here. While ElNino means wet and dangerously so, for some, its full on drought down here. Ah well ' ciest la vie '.
You take a really clear, sharp pic, starhalo.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Cant say i wouldnt be looking foward to some of those rainy clouds over here. While ElNino means wet and dangerously so, for some, its full on drought down here. Ah well ' ciest la vie '.
You take a really clear, sharp pic, starhalo.

I'd be more content with the rain if it were sufficient to resolve the drought here, but it never is.

The panoramas are just snaps taken with the iPhone, but the real detail is captured by my actual camera, which of course doesn't do panoramas as well as the phone. There's plenty more to see there though; detail of the University of California Riverside pano from above provided by the camera, love the tower and onramp:

25569770336_674729a7a3_o.jpg

Last edited:

PolarLi

Enlightened
Very cloudy, rain with heavy wind gusts up to 90-100 km/u. Temp around 11 degrees Celsius.

11 degrees C is exactly what I had today at 69 degree north... That's about 2000 km north of Amsterdam :thinking: Pretty strong wind here too, but not that bad.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
A rare event here; thunder and lightning. 55F/13C, a mild and steady rain for the last ~30 mins.
oZ9YHKy.jpg

Update: The sunset snuck under the clouds and gave us the bonus round:
YgTlSiv.jpg

Last edited: