I just started in ceramics

fyrstormer

Banned
I worked in Tennessee for a couple of years, and based on what I saw of the cops there, you would pretty much have to use the knife to attach your business card to someone's chest before the cops would pay attention to you.

I had a girlfriend in Virginia at the time, and I used to visit her every weekend. The speed limit on Interstate 40 was 70mph. Basically, when I got on Interstate 40, I pressed the gas pedal all the way to the floor, and when I got to the VA border, I slowed down. I usually passed at least one Tennessee state police car each time I drove to VA. That should tell you something about how much they cared about the letter of the law.

Last edited:

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, I know what they think about the letter of the law. Half the cops down here should be thrown in jail for corruption. The judges, though, they HAVE to be about the letter of the law. They can't get away with corruption as easily as some punk crooked cop. I just want to be able to explain why I should not be punished for owning a leatherman if I ever get in trouble on accident. This whole locking blade thing worries me because it seems like another one of those gray areas that power-trip cops like to take advantage of, and I'm tired of that.

Disclaimer, I feel, is necessary. I am not saying all TN cops are bad.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
After reading this thread, though, I discover that this thing is a big time liability! So, am I allowed to have this in my residence in the US? and apparently I'm not allowed to take it anywhere? (how would one buy these, then, if they can't take them in cars?)
Weren't we talking about Danish knife laws?

fyrstormer

Banned
They banned all knives in Norway? Apparently their government is modeling itself after feudal Japan. Very nice. I guess I won't be visiting Norway anytime soon -- or ever.

In other news, my ceramic Stanley razors, breakaway razorblades, and Rigger knife arrived today. Oh. My. God are they sharp. I opened the knife and rested the blade on a block of open-cell foam and slid it back and forth, and just the weight of the blade made it cut through the foam like air.

It's deceptive too, because the edge doesn't pull on your skin like steel does. They should make hypodermic needles out of this stuff.

The Dane

Enlightened
Glad you like your ceramics too :thumbsup:

Yeah Norway is silly, no knifes but they can have semi and full autos and silencers too :thinking:

mrartillery

Enlightened
Wow, sucks about the knives, i just think its funny in the US how i can carry my handgun most any where with my CCW but yet they wont allow you to conceal a fixed blade knife even with a CCW :confused:

Last edited:

mrartillery

Enlightened
I'm pretty sure it's because you can kill someone silently with a knife. Try carrying a gun with a silencer on it and see how far you get.

Very true, but i can kill them just the same with my SOG folder, and its the principal of the matter really, i mean they trust you with a firearm but not a knife. Hmmmm :thinking:

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure it's because you can kill someone silently with a knife. Try carrying a gun with a silencer on it and see how far you get.

Um what? To "kill someone silently with a knife" is first degree murder pretty much anywhere. Also, silencers are perfectly legal to own and use in 46 (IIRC) states, and they're not silent by any stretch of the imagination, no matter what the video games tell you.

CCW laws vary by state. In my state, the LTCF (License To Carry Firearms) naturally does not apply to knife carry, and you can carry pretty much anything you want, provided you're not violating any local ordinance.

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
A little history to illustrate how some laws in Denmark come about.
In the late 80's a serious revision of the veapons law was over due. No more shotguns without license and no more carrying big knifes (and a lot more bull). A comite regulating the knifepart was in motion and in essence the supreme judge said that he couldent care less of what they found out, as long as he could keep his SAK and insedently it had a blade of 7cm.

The major problem is that an intire population suffers because of a few criminals that couldent care less about legality anyway. The criminals here has now mowed along from knifes to guns from east europe. The chicken way! To stab a man you need to be so close that he has a fair chance of defending him self.
I think that most of the retards here has had their guntraning in Lebanon. 30 rounds from a semiauto and all that they can hit is air, buildings and pavement. 106 gunrelated insidents last year and only 6 dead/wounded in Copenhagen.

In Norway they banned knifes totally and the number of kniferelated insidents was downed 40%. Talk about a law that dont work $h!t.

American, but Dane on one side and you are describing America. It saddens me to see what has happened in Denmark. Liberalism/"Progressivism" has dealt a death blow to the Reasonalble Man Standard, just as it has in America.

Very interesting also that most of the violence in Denmark has been imported, with an accompanying slide to the left...

Pursuit of political power is why you can not carry a gentlemen's linerlock legally in Denmark from one of many outstanding Scandi makers.

That is past sad.

Hope- n- change is the death's knell to common sense, trumpet roar for inflated taxes and restricted personal liberty for that "Reasonalble Man" who can no longer be trusted by the state...to say, buy a laser pointer from China or to adopt knife laws that make nearly everthing but a pair of fingernail clippers (with a file attached) a felony.

California is not so far from Danmark....

fyrstormer

Banned
Um what? To "kill someone silently with a knife" is first degree murder pretty much anywhere. Also, silencers are perfectly legal to own and use in 46 (IIRC) states, and they're not silent by any stretch of the imagination, no matter what the video games tell you.

CCW laws vary by state. In my state, the LTCF (License To Carry Firearms) naturally does not apply to knife carry, and you can carry pretty much anything you want, provided you're not violating any local ordinance.
You missed my point. I dunno how things are where you are, but where I live, if anyone hears gunshots, the cops get called instantly. With a knife, provided you know what you're doing, you can kill someone without making anywhere near that much noise, meaning the cops might not find out for hours, by which point the victim would be extremely dead.

And yes, I know silencers aren't silent. I'm an Army brat; I've shot a gun once or twice in my life, and there might have been a silencer involved one of those times.

fyrstormer

Banned
Hope- n- change is the death's knell to common sense, trumpet roar for inflated taxes and restricted personal liberty for that "Reasonalble Man" who can no longer be trusted by the state...to say, buy a laser pointer from China or to adopt knife laws that make nearly everthing but a pair of fingernail clippers (with a file attached) a felony.
How about we keep politics out of this discussion, before I feel compelled to tell you how full of neocon crap you are? :D

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
How about we keep politics out of this discussion, before I feel compelled to tell you how full of neocon crap you are? :D

I don't know what a neocon is but I know an a@@hat when I see one and I don't have a picture of Jesus or George Bush in my living room over a potted plastic plant.

When we hear gun fire around here it's usually a neighbor plinking or maybe shooting skeet in his backyard...or a feral cat. Crime is not a problem here, but I get the point about gunfire. You tough guys livin in da hood n all know to duck & cover & call the cops.

Not an army brat and don't think you know any more about firearms than you do anything else.

Fact is, I think you made the Army brat stuff up too....

fyrstormer

Banned
I don't live in da hood, I live in da suburbs, dawg. :ironic: Regardless, if someone opens fire around here, it's not because they're popping empty Miller cans off their deck railing.

I'd post a picture of my Italian birth certificate and my US Army CBA, but you'd probably think I'm faking those too, and you strike me as the sort of person who "sticks to their guns", so it would be a waste of time anyway. So I tell you what: you keep growing corn, and I'll keep advising our armed forces on how to secure their installation perimeters, mkay?

Last edited:

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
You missed my point. I dunno how things are where you are, but where I live, if anyone hears gunshots, the cops get called instantly. With a knife, provided you know what you're doing, you can kill someone without making anywhere near that much noise, meaning the cops might not find out for hours, by which point the victim would be extremely dead.

And yes, I know silencers aren't silent. I'm an Army brat; I've shot a gun once or twice in my life, and there might have been a silencer involved one of those times.

I didn't miss your point at all. You said a knife is better for a brutal murder than a concealed firearm. MY point is that the previously mentioned fact is totally irrelevant to modern society.

Cpt. Thomas

Newly Enlightened
So it's been a couple of months, how are these ceramic blades working out? Easy to break / chip? Or are they Ok? Post up your info & comments!

Cpt. Thomas

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
good call, I've been watching this too. I'll probably opt in.
The diamond dust coated credit card sharpener looks hot, decent price especially for the convinience and portability of it. I'll probably opt for a blade but the main reason for my pending order is the sharpener.

Latest posts