I love CPF random acts of kindness thread

gollum

Enlightened
After spending many hours here at CPF I have seen lots of goodwill and friendly gestures

*Dusty* sent me a bottle of Bushmills whiskey from Ireland to Australia,as a gesture of mateship,now we say cheers or silante to eachother

I was laid up at home with a broken collarbone last year and did a give away

it was entertaining for me and some others and of course someone got something for nothing :cool:

today at the marketplace I saw another great gesture by ninemm and fisk-king

so I want to ask anyone else here to tell their story of goodwill or a random act of kindness,either by themself or another member.

you can 'dob' yourself in or someone else

AND I will giveaway a custom made item of my choice made by myself
I make mokume and damascus skull beads and knives
so someone will get something nice

and don't hold back folks

lets make this a give someone a freebie,pressie,cheers mate random present sending frenzy....

I will set the ball rolling.....

the first person who sends someone a gift in this thread will get a gift from me....

let the karma flow :twothumbs

:tinfoil:

SmurfTacular

Enlightened
Gift? I guess one mans trash is another mans treasure.

I have so much Maglite OEM scraps I'd be willing to give away, including krypton bulbs... These scraps are the result of the Maglites that I mod into P7 Mag's

Also, I have a luxeon rebel 091 LED still attached to the original MagLED switch tower. Switch not included. and a rebel deep reflector thats been sitting in my drawer forever. I've been wanting to use it, but I just haven't found the time to make a deep heatsink to accommodate the lengthy rebel reflector

Anything in these drawers I'd be willing to give away --------- V

07092010084.jpg

07092010085.jpg

07092010089.jpg

By smurftacuiar at 2010-07-09

Also, soon I'll be receiving my order of 1000 5mm LED's and 1000 3mm LED's of all wavelengths(white, UV, blue, green, yellow, orange, red, and Infra Red). Haven't received the order yet, but when I do i'm sure I wouldn't mind sharing some :D.

Last edited:

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like a good idea. I've got a few Lumileds RED LED arrays sitting around collecting dust. Who wants 3 Lumileds DS24 arrays? They're from traffic lights that NC sold to me.

18 LEDs, 17v Vf for the array, 1 amp drive current, around 800 lumens of red. Very pretty, very bright. I got them for some lighting ideas that fell through; now I'm looking at Crees again.

I'll ship them (1, 2, or 3) USPS, 2 days shipping time or so. But I'm headed out of town for the weekend later today.

Last edited:

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gollum,
Cheers to you for the giveaway!:thumbsup:
I have been doing this craziness for a while now. Usually if I see someone looking for a certain item, such as a clip or some ridiculous item, and I have one laying around, I just ship it to 'em! Such is the spirit of CPF!!
Most recently...
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3441691&postcount=20

I wish I had more trinkets to giveaway but unless I know what someone needs...:poke:

gollum

Enlightened
Gollum,
Cheers to you for the giveaway!:thumbsup:
I have been doing this craziness for a while now. Usually if I see someone looking for a certain item, such as a clip or some ridiculous item, and I have one laying around, I just ship it to 'em! Such is the spirit of CPF!!
Most recently...
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3441691&postcount=20

I wish I had more trinkets to giveaway but unless I know what someone needs...:poke:

this is exactly what I was thinking of

much good Karma to you sir :)

myself ...I need for nothing but a Tri-V :crackup:

gollum

Enlightened
:laughing: James Bond is licensed to kill though:xyxgun:

Hey HSG did JCW answer you at any stage... I noticed he didn't publically thank you for your offer of something he wanted for free :thinking:

gollum

Enlightened
Dave is a cool guy but I don't think he has factory seconds though :mecry:

Smurf I'm glad to see you so well organised with your parts etc
I'm the same...when you have so many bits and bobs it's the only way :cool:

NightKids

Enlightened
Candlepower is one really kind forum with heaps of friendly people. There's people from all different nationalities and age here so there's always heaps of good advice on just about anything.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
A visually impaired member on a disability income needed a new light. A bright floody light for use at around 3 feet. It was soon apparent the Preon 2 would meet the requirement but was financially out of reach of the OP. Per-Sev gifted his own (and a Ti one at that).

-

ksbman ran christmas gifts 1 through VII. Every year in the last 7 some 30-40 poor CPF members got a nice light as a christmas gift.
The past one will be his last. Anybody willing to pick up where he left off?

andyw513

Enlightened
Gift? I guess one mans trash is another mans treasure.

I have so much Maglite OEM scraps I'd be willing to give away, including krypton bulbs... These scraps are the result of the Maglites that I mod into P7 Mag's

Also, I have a luxeon rebel 091 LED still attached to the original MagLED switch tower. Switch not included. and a rebel deep reflector thats been sitting in my drawer forever. I've been wanting to use it, but I just haven't found the time to make a deep heatsink to accommodate the lengthy rebel reflector

Anything in these drawers I'd be willing to give away --------- V

07092010084.jpg

07092010085.jpg

07092010089.jpg

By smurftacuiar at 2010-07-09

Also, soon I'll be receiving my order of 1000 5mm LED's and 1000 3mm LED's of all wavelengths(white, UV, blue, green, yellow, orange, red, and Infra Red). Haven't received the order yet, but when I do i'm sure I wouldn't mind sharing some :D.

Wow Smurf, I have a huge tackle/tool box I carry back and forth to school during the week that looks eerily like that in so many ways. Only I don't know where anything is in it...:whistle:

rockz4532

Enlightened
I'd like to thank Marduke and mdocod, Marduke did a Christmas Giveaways thread some years ago, and I won a Surefire G2 from mdocod.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
ksbman ran christmas gifts 1 through VII. Every year in the last 7 some 30-40 poor CPF members got a nice light as a christmas gift.
The past one will be his last. Anybody willing to pick up where he left off?

I volunteered for that! :wave:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been the recipient of CPF kindness on more than one occasion. I dont make a lot of money so most of the lights I have are fairly inexpensive, or ones that I made.

I wont go into a lot if detail, but I will say this. He has given me free of charge the only Surefires I have ever owned.:thumbsup:

Thanks again.

lovecpf