I love CPF random acts of kindness thread

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gift? I guess one mans trash is another mans treasure.

I have so much Maglite OEM scraps I'd be willing to give away, including krypton bulbs... These scraps are the result of the Maglites that I mod into P7 Mag's

Also, I have a luxeon rebel 091 LED still attached to the original MagLED switch tower. Switch not included. and a rebel deep reflector thats been sitting in my drawer forever. I've been wanting to use it, but I just haven't found the time to make a deep heatsink to accommodate the lengthy rebel reflector

Hey Smurf I could use that deep rebel reflector if it is still available.

One of these days someone is going to come up with a brilliant use for those mag tower parts. I have the same set of plastic drawers and the drawer with those in it is getting so full, but I still cant bring myself to throw them away.:laughing:

Last edited:

*Dusty*

Enlightened
Good shout Gollum, you've been more moved by that bottle than I thought you'd be! "Mateship" is a great word too :twothumbs

Good sentiment, always good to give someone a good day with a gift, and yes if anyone else wants to gift me a tri-v too I would be offended but I'd accept it to keep you happy!

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like a good idea. I've got a few Lumileds RED LED arrays sitting around collecting dust. Who wants 3 Lumileds DS24 arrays? They're from traffic lights that NC sold to me.

18 LEDs, 17v Vf for the array, 1 amp drive current, around 800 lumens of red. Very pretty, very bright. I got them for some lighting ideas that fell through; now I'm looking at Crees again.

I'll ship them (1, 2, or 3) USPS, 2 days shipping time or so. But I'm headed out of town for the weekend later today.
]

I'd be interested in these if they are still available. Something about music and lights, 17V is a good number for that. :sssh:

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
]

I'd be interested in these if they are still available. Something about music and lights, 17V is a good number for that. :sssh:

Hi, I also got your PM just now - I've spent much of the weekend underground or out in the sticks. PM me a shipping address and I'll send them on. Also let me know if you're after all 3. And post what you make on CPF when you make it. (Popcorn smiley goes here, but I'm not on a real computer.)

SmurfTacular

Enlightened
Hey Smurf I could use that deep rebel reflector if it is still available.

One of these days someone is going to come up with a brilliant use for those mag tower parts. I have the same set of plastic drawers and the drawer with those in it is getting so full, but I still cant bring myself to throw them away.:laughing:

Sure! PM me your address. I'm going to the post office tomorrow.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm very interested in 1 of those red arrays if numbers doesn't want all of them! .. I have a cool project idea coming up ;)

I'll toss up 2 large 55x5mm trit vials if someone has an idea on where to use them! :D
like seen in the pic: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=231042 ;) I am now out of stock and this is from my personal collection.

edit:taken!!

Last edited:

UberLumens

Newly Enlightened
Great community and people here, couldn't ask for more.

but
I would love one of those trit vials.

---------
I can offer some cast aluminum bars i make and use for heat-sinks

(think fort knox gold bar shape, about a pound each in weight, raw cast) EDIT :images added at request
Alu_bar1.jpg

Alu_bar2.jpg

Last edited:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Craig, I'd take one of those trit vials off your hands if you're willing. Let me know!

I can offer up a heavily used EO-E2R for free. It does not come with a tube. Works fine, just wouldn't have my life depend on it.

Last edited:

gollum

Enlightened
this is getting better and betterer :cool:

Thanks for the comments everyone

BTW I went to the post office yesterday

fisk-king...sent you something that has a king theme :grin2: you'll have to wait and see though :nana:

Craig...I saw your trits thread,market place is down atm...
have you got any left :poke:

Silante (cheers) *Dusty* ...I am knocking one back as I type :)
It is cold tonight and a single malt is good medicine

nbp

Flashaholic
I have been making some paracord key fob/ zipper pull dealies, and usually I just give them to friends when I get some done as there's too much competition in the marketplace with more elaborate designs for mine to sell well. But I think I do a nice job with them. I will try to pound out a few of them and then I'd like to offer them up in this thread to anyone who wants them. I'll get a pic of available color schemes when I have a few more to offer.

Great idea gollum, this is really enjoyable to see members giving just for sake of giving, and giving others an opportunity to have neat things they may not have been able to get otherwise. Great job everyone! lovecpf

scout24

Flashaholic
I mailed two stock Ra clips to a member yesterday, and today expressed interest in something tanasit had made, and he was kind enough to offer to make me one and send it no charge! CPF is a great place... wonderful people.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone.

I have an idea, tell me what you all think.

Maybe we could collectively do a bit larger gift, like a Mag hotwire. It would go something like this. We decide on a light to build like an SST mag or maybe a M*g623:naughty:. Then each of us could donate one part, or a small bit of cash towards a part etc. Then one member could assemble and ship the light to a lucky recipient.

I was thinking for the "who gets it" part maybe people could nominate someone they think deserves such a gift ( preferable not someone who already has 5 of the same light. Perhaps a member they know who cannot afford such a light or just someone they feel has done something to merit this.

Then everyone who donated toward the project could vote on the winner.

I could donate one or two of the parts ( depending on the build). I would also be willing to assemble it, but if some other member wanted to that is great (especially if that person was donating some custom machine work)

What do you think???

Empath

Flashaholic
While I too marvel at the generosity and kind hearts of CPF members, I do think that this thread is in need of a reminder. There's a line that isn't entirely easy to define, but when crossed it yields a topic and action that must be handled in our give-aways forum in the MarketPlace.

Its best to operate within the "random acts of kindness" deeds realm than to plan a grand exhibition of such proportions that it's properly addressed on the MarketPlace board. :) lovecpf

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
Make sure you get CPF approval before you try to do any type of giveaway. I still have a ROP / charger package all boxed up and sitting around the house after having a Christmas Day giveaway closed down because I didn't get permission first. There's nothing worse than putting in all the effort to help only to get shut down due to not having gotten permission from the higher ups. Just my suggestion to help you avoid potential future problems.

EDIT: OOPS! Looks like I was typing at the same time as said higher ups.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, not a problem. I will contact a moderator via PM and see if there is a possible way that we can still do this. Perhaps I can obtain permission, and we can keep track of the money, parts etc. in the MP thread (when it gets fixed).

After I talk with the powers that be I will let you guys that are interested know if we have enough wiggle room between the forum to get this done.:D

*Dusty*

Enlightened
To be honest I think that kind of isn't the idea. More of a pay it forward instead of a pay it back thing.

ie I sent Gollum something, he's very kindly sent me something in return which I'm embarrassed about receiving as he's also offering to pass the goodwill on to someone.

How about something along the lines of if you get something, you give something to someone else? Then it's not a single item massive giveaway, i'm sure there are lots of people deserving of a good light but who to pick from them all?

It *could* go like this,

Dusty > Gollum
Gollum > User XYZ
User XYZ > User ABC
User ABC > User123

and so on and so forth. I've seen this done on forums before and it's usually not long before things go full circle and the first person on the list receives something back.

Just a thought.......

Latest posts