If you had $1,000 to spend...

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Months ago I asked a similar question, but only at a budget of $400, and some of the replies thought I was crazy on why would someone spend $400 on a flashlight/s! Inflation perhaps?

Mikeg23

Enlightened
Months ago I asked a similar question, but only at a budget of $400, and some of the replies thought I was crazy on why would someone spend $400 on a flashlight/s! Inflation perhaps?

Hmm that odd maybe you were on the wrong forum! Haha

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll invest that $1000 on my education :D

I already owe $3000 in tech school. More to come :(
$3 grand is nothing for education, but that's not what this forum is about. Rather, IF you had $1,000 to spend on your flashlight hobby, how would you spend it? :grin2: Most, or at least many of us would use an "extra" $1,000 in more "responcible" ways these days.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
id probably blow it all on a custom LS20, and if i couldnt get a hold of a LS20.... id probably finally order a HDS high CRI rotary, a mcgizmo sundrop, then spend the rest at oveready :grin2:

Tiresius

Enlightened
$3 grand is nothing for education, but that's not what this forum is about. Rather, IF you had $1,000 to spend on your flashlight hobby, how would you spend it? :grin2: Most, or at least many of us would use an "extra" $1,000 in more "responcible" ways these days.

Okay, I'll use that grand to buy a bunch of Sunwayman V10R Titanium and have custom 18650 bodies made for it.

Last edited:

drillbit

Newly Enlightened
Surefire M3T
Surefire M4
Blackshadow Darth
A few 26650 lights I have my eyes on(can't remember the names)
A good supply of 26650, 18650, 16650 rechargeables, and a supply of CR123's.
If there's anything left over, I'll find some way to spend it. ;)

recycledelectrons

Newly Enlightened
I'd give Balder HD-1 lights to everyone on my Christmas list, with big packs of AA lithiums. I'd test almost every 14500 I could find, and include a AA/14500 charger to those I believe competent.

I would rebuild my WF / P60 case of build-a-light.

I would upgrade every light I own to the max. For example, there are some old x3 D cell mag lights that could be upgraded to DX LEDs. I would custom machine drop-in replacements for my old "police" clones of Walther xenon lights.

egrep

Enlightened
Norm, Go find another person to give nightmares to, 3 years of dealing with him and he has never failed me.

Empire, whomever you are. In your short time here you've sure set a tone for your discourse and behavior.

EDIT: OHAI! Idjit's been banned. LULZ

egrep

Enlightened
popcorn.jpg

I think that he has stepped out of the Norm.
Note: Although I do understand that people are FURIOUS about NOT receiving their orders, I think people need a nicer advisory rather than a sarcastic one. -Empire-

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately I would
Sell one of my SPY's and then top that up with this $1,000 and get a SWGG XML SPY007 neutral.
or sell the SPY & one other, and go for teh SWGG Tri V2

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you had $1k to spend...

JetBeam E3S...$5o
HDS Rotary.....$2oo
SureFire M6LT..$3oo
Haiku-HCRI.....$45o

What do i win?!

:clap:

guardpost3

Enlightened
That barely pays for a Spy... :(

^This is what I thought when I saw this thread title.

So yea, if somebody gave me a grand, it would most likely go to a single light. I figure I can save up for the smaller purchases, but my willpower (and this place) often does not let my toy fund get that high.

It would be a toss up between the Spy and a tricked out Mac.

Mark-60

Newly Enlightened
I'd get a Surefire M6LT (I just ordered one) and a lot of batteries to feed it for a long, long time.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
I need another more $1,000 for that Maelstrom XM18, or I will spend it all on Xeno E03's and send it to my relatives and friends. In that way, everyone is happy. :D.

Slider817

Newly Enlightened
Haiku
Surefire Fury
Surefire Minimus
4Sevens Quark MiniX 123
4Sevens Quark Mini CR2
4Sevens Preon 2
4Sevens Preon Revo
4Sevens AA2
Fenix LD12

And Some Doubles of the the Less Expensive lights for spares, car bags etc...

I think that come out to around $1,000