Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail??

Poppy

Flashaholic
In yesterday's mail, I received a early Christmas gift from our friend ven, a great guy really :)

A beautiful Eagletac D25a clicky in Ti !
It's a really nice light that I have been looking at on and off for a couple of years, and now I have one! :)

Other than my keychain light, I can see that this little guy will get a lot of pocket carry, or it will ride shot-gun in my car, but none-the-less, I believe that it will be one of my most used lights.

Thanks ven :thumbsup:

LuxN

Newly Enlightened
I had been looking at the nitecore Eax Hammer and the Nitecore Ea8. I finally decided on the Ea8 earlier yesterday after a brief chat with my other half and ordered it. Well, I was told today by my gf that she decided to make an offer on the Eax on ebay and won!!!! Turns out she got it for a pretty good price considering what they are being listed for AND from an authorized US seller that honors the warranty. She did her homework... I love this woman.

So... Ea8 and Eax on the way!!! Need. More. Eneloops.

Ishango

Enlightened
I ordered the PD35 2014 edition. I already have a PD32 UE which I like a lot, but because it's a present from my girlfriend I tend not to take it everywhere, especially when it could be easily misplaced.

NeilP

Enlightened
Trying to find a cockpit night flight light for work. I have a bout 6 different flashlights collected over a number of years, and none are suitable. all are compromises, so this year I have decided to find an all in one solution..but it is VERY difficult.

Edit , had a count, more like 16 different lamps over the years

Arrived today are:

Fenix E35 Ultimate
Suprabeam Q2
LED lenser M3R

All arrived today and feeling totally deflated.

The Fenix is OK in that in comes on in Low mode and has a memory, which is what I want. But with no zoom it is not suitable for my needs. Also badly designed tail cap..It cts nicely as a tail stand, as long as you don't use the supplied lanyard, as that put it off balance, as it sits on the lanyard loop on one side. Got the diffuser to try instead of t a zoom, but it is just going to be inconvenient to use, until it gets lost or falls of downy he back of something . Also the time delay for it to come on is a pain. So this is no use to me

Q2..Nice zoom, nice low level output, but no memory for last mode used. I want a lamp for aircraft cockpit night time use and I don't wan't it to have to be cycled through bright modes to reach low level. So also useless.

The LED Lenser, bought because after a long conversation via e-mail with a LED Lenser tech in Germany I was told

The great thing at the LED Lenser "M" series is that you are able to change the order. So you can choose the low power setting to start with.​

But so far I can't see how to do it. It always comes on via high first even if only a short pulse. Zoom is goo though.

I am still awaiting two lamps from China MyLED.com, and a Coast HP1..but again that is not a multi level.

Feeling very deflated, is there not one torch out there with all my requirements? Going to be giving these away as Christmas presents I think as they are no use to me.

Last edited:

NeilP

Enlightened
I had thought of that to go on a HDS System EDC rotary.
The Fenix is 24mm bezel from memory and I think SureFire do a metal flip down one for 1 inch M54 I think it is called, so that is an option yes. But after I had gone through the HDS custom selection menu, added the 18650 holder plus the diffuser I was looking at near on $650 USD .

Might have been best just to bite the bullet and go for it, as I can see myself spending that much just buying loads of cheaper ones :(

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

atomcooper

Newly Enlightened
I just received a ThruNite Ti3 and a JETBeam BA10 in the mail today. However, I'm sending the JETBeam BA10 back to Amazon because it's just too large for my intended purpose. I'm looking for something that might be about the same size as my Streamlight Protac 1L. However, I would like it to throw a beam better than the Protac 1L. It needs to fit comfortably in the front pocket and not be too obtrusive. If I carried the JETBeam BA10 in my front pocket, I can hear the jokes now.... Hey man is that a flashlight in your pocket.... Or are you just happy to see me?

mauricio

Newly Enlightened
Hopefully today i will be getting 3 AW 18650, I want to compare them to my purple efest, any thoughts?

NeilP

Enlightened
A load of driver boards, two of each and some AA lithium rechargeable cells

3.7V 1200MAH 14500 AA Lithium Rechargeable Batteries

3* AMC7135 4-Group 2~5 Modes LED Flashlight Driver Circuit (Nanjg AK-47A)

4* AMC7135 2-Group 3/5 Modes LED Flashlight Driver (Nanjg 101-AK-A1)

1* AA/AAA 1-Mode 550mA Linear Booster LED Flashlight Driver Circuit (Nanjg 102)

1-2*AA/AAA/1*18650 1-Mode 1A LED Flashlight Booster Driver

NeilP

Enlightened
I received an Fenix Ultimate last week
Really like the last used power memory function.
I find the on/off/mode button really difficult to find in the dark. A big downside , but otherwise I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

radiopej

Enlightened
This should probably go in the Recommend Me a Light section, especially as there's already a couple of threads looking for cockpit lights with more information. Buttt.

Nitecore SRT series seems to be good for this, aside from the zoom. However, the diffuser is really good.

They even have a red mode so you don't lose night vision.

Trying to find a cockpit night flight light for work. I have a bout 6 different flashlights collected over a number of years, and none are suitable. all are compromises, so this year I have decided to find an all in one solution..but it is VERY difficult.