Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail??

yeoldoak

Newly Enlightened
piccy : )

Attachments

• AA D Cell NiMH Rechargeables.JPG
    AA D Cell NiMH Rechargeables.JPG
    678.4 KB · Views: 41

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Looking forward to getting a few items in the mail in January.
As for flashlight related, waiting on my Thrunite BSS V5, and a couple of spare rechargeable batts. for it.

PaladinNO

Enlightened
My Fireflies PL47MU arrived yesterday, so I guess that doesn't count.

But currently in the mail, supposed to arrive today, is a set with Rigid 504815 (D-series Pro foglights) for my car. Will hopefully replace my current set of Rigid 202513 (diffused work lights) that I use as constant on (with manual override) additional low beam lights.

And I got a 21700 cell compatible charger, the Nitecore UMS4, 2x Nitecore NL2150 21700 cells, and a Coast PM310R impulse buy on the way.

Other than flashlights, I got some mesh SATA-cables, and another 18 TB Seagate Exos harddrive for my homeserver (I wanted 100 TB in it by the end of 2023, but I'll let slide getting the order in at 02:30 AM on 01.01.2024). And some HCRI E14 bulbs for my room, and a pair of Makita B-56764 blades for my Makita SP6000J plunge circular saw. And a pair of microfiber cloths for detail cleaning inside my car.

Last edited:

BVH

Flashaholic
A Bluetti Ac2a, 200+ Watt Hour LFP powered solar "generator". It has the UPS function and in tests on video, transfers the load in 9+ milliseconds. Going to see if these units (or the Pecron 300 WH unit) will function like all my APC UPS's and if so, convert everything to LFP, no more SLA's for me.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arriving today a ryobi 18V inverter.
I found that a 18v 6Ah battery will run my 55 inch TV for 55 minutes.
So I needed a second inverter to run off of another battery to power my router (which is in another room).

That's actually pretty neat. A have an sla ups for my tv and router. Lasts about an hour but will look into inverters for my drill batteries

hburner54

Newly Enlightened
Pro Chrony Chronograph, (to test my hand loads) I had one many years ago and I shot the dang but had put a lot of rounds thru it before the murder!!!

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Aside from my S21B, now I have a number of accessories from Convoy: a set of non-AR-coated glass lenses for my 18650 tube lights, a set of textured 3535-sized TIR optics for my S2+'s (been using the flat ones sized for the XM-L2, and they don't work that great with the Nichia 219C and SST20), and diffusers for those same S2+'s and S21A's. I'm years overdue on all of these.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aside from my S21B, now I have a number of accessories from Convoy: a set of non-AR-coated glass lenses for my 18650 tube lights, a set of textured 3535-sized TIR optics for my S2+'s (been using the flat ones sized for the XM-L2, and they don't work that great with the Nichia 219C and SST20), and diffusers for those same S2+'s and S21A's. I'm years overdue on all of these.
I've tried the 25 degree tir with an sst-20. It wasn't bad. But definitely not focused right. None of them do. I went back to the smo reflector and added some dc-fix. Pretty fun

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
I've tried the 25 degree tir with an sst-20. It wasn't bad. But definitely not focused right. None of them do. I went back to the smo reflector and added some dc-fix. Pretty fun
I've had good results using the 30º XM-L2 optic with the SST20 and the 45º one with the 219C. The beams aren't perfectly smooth but certainly usable.

My main problem is the spacing - those XM-L2 TIRs are not spaced right, so I need to put a glass lens in front of them to complete the assembly and make it waterproof and rattle-free. But all my lenses are AR-coated, so the duv shoots up and the beams end up with that mild green tint we know and hate. I'll try using car polish to rub out the AR coating on the lenses I already have, but I need to get said car polish first.

DC-fix is always fun times. I'll take a look around and see how much it'll cost me when I can afford it.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had good results using the 30º XM-L2 optic with the SST20 and the 45º one with the 219C. The beams aren't perfectly smooth but certainly usable.

My main problem is the spacing - those XM-L2 TIRs are not spaced right, so I need to put a glass lens in front of them to complete the assembly and make it waterproof and rattle-free. But all my lenses are AR-coated, so the duv shoots up and the beams end up with that mild green tint we know and hate. I'll try using car polish to rub out the AR coating on the lenses I already have, but I need to get said car polish first.

DC-fix is always fun times. I'll take a look around and see how much it'll cost me when I can afford it.
Actually, DC fix is pretty easy. There is a guy over on BLF, named boaz. He sells the different grades of it for $1.50 a sheet of 4" x 6" and various grades of Lee and another brand of -green filter sheets. I added a light green filter on an SST 20 and it now has a slightly -dUV.
I believe I got five different sheets of different grades of dc-fix, plus a -green sheet, for under $10 Canadian shipped.