Is the Olight M20s-X ht brightest AND most regulated single 18650 available?

RCLumens

Enlightened
Greetings - As the title states, I'm looking to solicit opinions on THE BRIGHTEST single 18650 lights that have CONSTANT run-times. Tactical switches are a huge plus as well - but stable and constant light is key. I find the M20s-X has a stable run time at 500 lumens - and I love the side switch. Klarus XT11 - love the switch, but not as regulated correct? Also ET G25C2 also seems to have great regulation, but not sure if I'm a fan of twisty UI's.... Any other thoughts on the matter are welcomed!

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Paaahhh I don't even know whats your opinion of constant? Id get a TK35 and live with 2. For singles whats wrong with the klarus? Theres the TN11s. I think the G25C2 would be good also, the new G25C2 MKII probably isn't tho, to much drain on the battery it wouldn't last long.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
the brightest i know is a light sold at int'l outdoor which hits 900+ lumens on a single 18650.

Other single 18650 notables are:

1. Xeno G42 - furthest throwing single 18650
2. SC600 - who hasnt heard about this light?
3. EC2 - Smallest 18650-based light

rambo180

Enlightened
the brightest i know is a light sold at int'l outdoor which hits 900+ lumens on a single 18650.

900 ANSI? not sure i believe that. its probably at the source, making it around 650ANSI, really nothing special.

AFAIK, they're all regulated lights. the klarus steps down from turbo to high after a few minutes, but its not becasue the current is lower, its because its programmed to do that. just stay away from LED LENSERs and maglites. some of them are not regulated.

Sunwayman t20cs is another of the brightest. but really, to your eye, the difference between 600 and 700 is very little. if i gave you one 700, you turn it on. gave it back, waited 5 minutes and tried a 600. you wouldn't know the difference...

more important to think about if yuo want throw or flood, useable spill, spotlight, battery life. much more important than getting that extra 20 lumens. a very significant proportion of people here don't use the turbo mode very often at all.

Last edited:

Bwolcott

Enlightened
Greetings - As the title states, I'm looking to solicit opinions on THE BRIGHTEST single 18650 lights that have CONSTANT run-times. Tactical switches are a huge plus as well - but stable and constant light is key. I find the M20s-X has a stable run time at 500 lumens - and I love the side switch. Klarus XT11 - love the switch, but not as regulated correct? Also ET G25C2 also seems to have great regulation, but not sure if I'm a fan of twisty UI's.... Any other thoughts on the matter are welcomed!

Armytek viking x puts out a good amount of light and has great build quality

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast

900 chinese lumens :D

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
The key is lower output settings.

A high powered light with lower output settings will let you toggle between lower output modes that provide ample brightness that will be good enough for most purposes while providing excellent runtime, and you can always give the mule a good kick and put it into high gear when you need the extra power in case of emergencies.

A medium powered light won't do that. You will be forced to run it at its maximum output at all times and, when the SHTF and you need more output, you can't get it.

Also, a high powered light running at medium output will typically provide runtime equal to or exceeding a medium powered light running at maximum.

RCLumens

Enlightened
Many thanks for all the great replies! Leaning toward either the New G25C2, or perhaps Olight M20S-X - I have an SC600 and think it's just an awesome light. Looking for more throw and balanced battery life at high setting - ideally in a more throwy tactical light. +on the tactical switches. Cheers! RC

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new G25C2 does 856 ansi lumens off 1x18650 but idk how long 1x18650 will put out 3.8 amps.

wow that's asking a lot out of a single 18650. i wonder how (un)flat the regulation would be...

rclumens you might wanna have a look at the 4sevens maelstrom x10 (or the foursevens equivalent). also a single cell but a more potent 26650.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
900 ANSI? not sure i believe that. its probably at the source, making it around 650ANSI, really nothing special.

Well, its a custom light made by International Outdoor themselves. Custom driver, etc etc etc. You can e-mail Hank if you need clarification.

An officemate of mine got it, and it seems pretty accurate. It's insanely brighter than my other single 18650's. I'd hotlink the light here but Norm might get mad at me. Haha HI NORM! :)

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, if throw is what you want in a single 18650 configuration, then look no further than the Dereelight Nightmaster. the 1SM driver will give full power on a single 18650 cell. The aspheric head with the XRE-R2 EZ900 led should be the furthest throwing single 18650 you will ever find. :)

But if you want throw and some spill, check out also the DBS-T offerings of Dereelight. Pretty decent throw and enough spill, make sure you get the XML version though for the additional kick.