KL3

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by McGizmo:
Ray,
The pocket clip is on the E2E; stock but bead blasted. It does look like it's on the adapter though.

Alan,
I'm getting a quote on 100 pieces of these and hope to see a first article in the next two weeks. If the part works as anticipated, I'll do a post on the buy, sell trade forum. The current plan is to have it done with HAIII. It will likely sell for under $30.00. I have these visions of a KL3 on an E3 only somehow the KLe has a 5W luxeon. Guess it wouldn't be a KL3 then.........

- Don
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Don,

Any plans for a HA "E3" tube?

Brightnorm

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Thanks GloBug! :)

You know, it really hurts that they went as far as screening the name on the side of the thing....

I am very suspicious that this is one of the big reasons PK's site doesn't show proto's any more; too much grief from those of us in a possibly small market size who demand more than the casual LEO, or military purchasing office. Dang though!

Glow Bug

Enlightened
I made the E3e. (Photoshop) It never was even prototyped as far as I know. Knowing PK though, all bets are off:) Maybe one day it will materialise? Lets hope so.

Thats quite a nice adapter you have there. I am very glad that you will HA the finish. That will make the color match better and improve the quality.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Glow Bug:
I made the E3e. (Photoshop)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmmmm...somehow that doesn't surprise me.

So anyway--is PK registered here yet? And if not--why not? We can live without photos but it would be nice to still have a bit of an insiders scoop
grin.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Saaby:
So anyway--is PK registered here yet? And if not--why not? We can live without photos but it would be nice to still have a bit of an insiders scoop
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">He's been here since Aug 2001, member #602

Hasn't posted much lately as he's busy working on the E3e
smile.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Saaby,

Check who started the thread on the KLx series. Yep PK. He is a man of few typed words and actually out of the country at present. Understandably, he is guarded with his information and not likely to be very open about SF plans. He has taken enough grief on "vaporware" that aside from the shot show, I doubt we will know what is down the road from SF until it gets here. I am suspicious that with the lack of the SFDB that CPF may in fact be the vehicle he uses in the future to make new product anouncements. Witness the KLx launch. It still isn't on the SF web site??!?!?

GloBug,
You dream breaker you!! I did see a proto 2xAA E size holder but never saw an E3e. The 2xAA is definately dead in the water but we can only hope for the E3e. It would host the AA's anyway.................

- Don

brightnorm

Flashaholic
.....I am commited to 100 of these E-P adapters. Will I sell them all or just a dozen or two to those who are adamant about having one? Time will tell and it will be a good experience for me as I feel I'm getting sucked into a void here........
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Don,

By all means avoid that sucky void! Please put me down for 3 adapters (assuming you are able to go ahead with this project). If you'd like me to prepay just say when and how, or even "bug-off".

Don't sweat it!
Brightnorm

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Brightnorm,

If the first article works on all the parts I have available to test, I will assume a go and start a new thread at that time. I appreciate the offer for prepayment but I won't accept $ until I can turn around and ship! I will go for a hand count for QTY's desired as soon as I know the first article works.

- Don

Sheesh, we are way off topic on the KL3 that none of us have received from dealers yet!!

Size15's

Flashaholic
Don, I'm keeping an eye on this thread
wink.gif
. It appears a natural flow off topic in general which is okay as long as nobody objects and people aren't still trying to keep on topic. I suppose when the KL3 does hit the streets, new threads will start.

Al

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am already stretching my resources and taking a risk by commiting to having the E-P adapter made. I am also working on bringing another component out in a limited production that I believe some CPFers will find some value in. Since I don't have "First Articles" in hand I have been a bit premature about mentioning the E-P and I will keep silent about the other component until I am more confident that it will be a reality. As I told This_is_Nascar off forum, I am commited to bring the E-P to a reality and this could prove to be challenge enough.

An E3 is well beyond my resources and scope! Be my guest, or let's all hope that SF decides for some reason to bring this into production.

- Don
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Don, Althought it's sad to hear E3e HA body won't be part of your plan, I do appreciate your effort in bringing good stuffs to CPF community.

Alan

Darell

Flashaholic
Finally: Don makes the E2 HOLA a reality!

Sheesh - can't believe GlowBug suckered you into the E3e thing though. Haven't you seen that before? He gets somebody every time he posts it! You don't still think that I wear miniskirts and hang out around lamp posts do you?

While Al is keeping his eye on you, I'll keep my eye on him.
grin.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Brightnorm,

As I mentioned above in my previous post, an E3 tube is well beyond my scope and especially resources; financial as well as time. Since it can be made from 1" barstock, perhaps CNC Dan or others here on CPF who have access to screw machines or CNC equipment can do a run. It is becoming clearer to me that a small business could cater to the needs of the CPF audience as well as those lurking who have not bothered to become members. This business would have access to design and machine job shops for small production runs. At some point, sombody will step up to the plate. Unfortunately, there are already some small business which pretty much fit the category but they seem bent on their specific product offerings without considering the viability of more generic items or adapters and accessories for other manufacturers. There is also the reality of short demand not justifying even a limited production run.

I am commited to 100 of these E-P adapters. Will I sell them all or just a dozen or two to those who are adamant about having one? Time will tell and it will be a good experience for me as I feel I'm getting sucked into a void here...............

- Don

- Don

McGizmo

Flashaholic
V8TOYOTATRK,

Yes. In fact that is exactly what is pictured except that it's a C2 bezel with a P61 LA. I wish I knew what the tolerances on the SF product were so I could be more confident that my designed adapter will work in all cases but the design is fairly straight forward. The same adapter should, in theory allow the Ex(e) to host a 6P, C2, M2, KL3,KT1,and G2 bezel with LA appropriate to the number of cells used. And if the non existant E3 were available, other LA's could be used as well.

- Don

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Darell,

Yup, GlowBug got me good! In my defense, I believe the first time that I saw the E3e image was on a SFDB thread posted by someone else. In giving PK grief about why not an E3e he never corrected me by saying that he hasn't made some protos and in fact, I think maybe he has..............

Al,
I seem to recall a time when you wanted little to do with LED's and would move threads into this forum when they were specific to LED and yet posted in general flashlight. I guess times have changed....
grin.gif

Dupped and still ignorant,
Don

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don,
Is there a final price yet on the E-P adaptor? I need at least 2 of them, maybe 5 depending on price.

Danny

Glow Bug

Enlightened
Originally posted by darell:
Finally
While Al is keeping his eye on you, I'll keep my eye on him.
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Make sure that you're not wearing that mini-skirt while eyeing me!!!
icon15.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Originally posted by revolvergeek:
Don,
Is there a final price yet on the E-P adaptor? I need at least 2 of them, maybe 5 depending on price.

Danny
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Danny,

Until I have the first article and confirm function, all is up in the air. If all goes as planned (does it ever?), I hope to offer these to CPFers for around $29.00. If this is a real hit and it came to pass that dealers would want them, then the retail would likely go to $36 and I could buy them at a better price to allow for a dealer margin. Of course if the part seemed to be a run away success, perhaps SureFire would consider making these and I would gladly bow out.....

On the initial 100 pieces, I hope to sell them at $29. As I stated above, once anything is known, I'll start a new thread in Buy/Sell/Trade.

In the mean time, since you know who is lurking, WHERE'S MY KL3?????????????

- Don

Latest posts