KL3

Darell

Flashaholic
Ah... if only that were so. If Surefire could only start manufacturing the actual LEDs themselves, maybe we'd see some better optics and more tightly controlled output/quality consistency in the emitters.

But I don't see that happening.

Long range LEDs are coming, Al. My reputation is no good anyway, so I'll happily stake it on that statement. Today's LEDs are at about the same development stage as the incandescent light bulb was in about 1905.
smile.gif

Now, to stay ever so vaguely on topic: Can we petition Surfire to name parts in a way that makes sense? KL1, 2 and 3. Be nice if those numbers corresponded to something, wouldn't it?

PeterM

Newly Enlightened
Hey Don McGizmo
Whatever happened to the adapter you were going to have built per your posts on page 1 of this thread? I gotta have one, or two.
Pete

eelnoraa

Newly Enlightened
does anyone actually get a KL3 in hand? Can you post a picture of it?
Also, can you tell me how well KL3 works in a 9V setup. I want to get KL3 for my 9p just because of the long run time, want to know what I should expect from it befor I got one. Thanks for any advice.

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
I admit the KL3 is the hottest looking sci-fi thingy lately with the fins.

I admit PK, when I saw the KL3 I had to buy one, so I did last night for my M2 in HA.Hope there isn't a backorder.... When will we get any info on the more compact HID lights?

Thanks to you PK I have renewed my interest in designing my own cases again, I bought thousands of dollars in LED and Luxeon materials,tools and shop space, made MANY MANY mods and successfully sold them here in Alaska but all went into deep freeze because of my real life job this year. I shut everything down, I even stopped posting here because I lost my zeal. Bottom line is the sheer macho attractiveness your lights have achieved in styling, nobody else has it. If imitatation is the sincerist form of flattery its my goal to make my own much like yours (but NOT exactly!)Take it as a compliment I hope, from an impressed CPF member.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
So Daniel...when are you going to "fire back up"?

I'm only "way down south" and am almost hoping for a "factory tour" someday!!
grin.gif

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
Up early arn't we
wink.gif

I dunno Sigman, looks like I'm really behind everyone else. The only thing I have been working on in my limited time has been some mediocre attempts of installing weapons lights, first I attached a Rayovac LED Sportsman to my shot gun, good to have the red LED's but no beam, so I used a Leupold QR base and ring and attached my M2 Centurion, now I CAN SEE!
Otherwise its been tough between dental bills and a neverending demand of my electrical wizardry by my employer, geejus our plant has enough bells and whistles to rival Disneyland
grin.gif

I even have to fake occasionally having the flu to get any time off, but I would need at least a month to get all my priorities settled, like do I make mods?, hmmmm...I do not feel any energy there.

Do I make my own cases? yes but at a cost of a lathe and anodizing equipment.
Do I pursue the holy grail of luxeons?
NO
NO
NO

I think its going nowhere for at least 6-12 months.
So what to do?
I never copy. I never steal somebodies ideas, it must be original or its not acceptable to me.
Small (LED)?
Or BIG (HID)?

or maybe a small, really small HID?
How small can it be built, that is an interesting concept....
rolleyes.gif