Klarus XT11-small review with interesting photos

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
The xt11 is definitely a great light! Built very well and performance is top notch, especially the ui. I put the spare o-ring at the notch in the tailcap for extra waterproofing:
C4B2AAC0-4C9E-4C03-96E6-800B9834484F-792-000000C99518E467.jpg

I also found the perfect diffuser for it from my unused BaLens white balance cap:
B23E2349-084D-4ABA-B987-8279285F4555-792-000000C99475F7B4.jpg

Finally, here it is along with my fave xt2c:
94B49918-5E72-41FD-A294-EFED38F16A14-792-000000C993C003F2.jpg

Used these pics in various threads here in cpf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
So the extra o ring on the tail doesn't get torqued by the screw action and damaged?

Mojo Rider

Newly Enlightened
Just recieved my XT11 a few days ago and like everyone else, well almost everyone, I luv it. It's a work of art compared to most lights.
Sorry if I'm reposting old news but for those of you who aren't impressed with the excessive play in the tactical ring a 39 cent o-ring from your local hardware store solves the problem perfectly.

HaileStorm

Enlightened
So the extra o ring on the tail doesn't get torqued by the screw action and damaged?

Nope, not at all. It sits as evenly as the stock o-ring and I don't feel added friction to the tailcap. Sucks that I couldn't do the same with the head though. Would've been nice to put the other spare o-ring there instead of losing it without seeing any use.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope, not at all. It sits as evenly as the stock o-ring and I don't feel added friction to the tailcap. Sucks that I couldn't do the same with the head though. Would've been nice to put the other spare o-ring there instead of losing it without seeing any use.

gotcha, thanks! I appreciate that and I'll do that I think!
Just recieved my XT11 a few days ago and like everyone else, well almost everyone, I luv it. It's a work of art compared to most lights.
Sorry if I'm reposting old news but for those of you who aren't impressed with the excessive play in the tactical ring a 39 cent o-ring from your local hardware store solves the problem perfectly.

congratulations, I'm glad you like it man! it's a helluva flashlight and perfect for 99% of us, ya know?

saad

Newly Enlightened
Hey Flashion,

Excellent review man! Based on your review I've narrowed down my choice of flashlights to 2 -
1. ArmyTek Viking X
2. Klarus XT11

Honestly I find both of them totally awesome! After reading ArmyTek Viking X review by firelord777, I was just wondering does the Klarus XT11 hold up in the water test like ArmyTek Viking X does? I was reading about Viking X and its called a younger brother of Predator in terms of rugged build and stuff. Is Klarus XT11 build to withstand the abuse that Viking X can easily handle?

Thanks,
Saad.

Adrenaline_6

Newly Enlightened
Hey Flashion,

Excellent review man! Based on your review I've narrowed down my choice of flashlights to 2 -
1. ArmyTek Viking X
2. Klarus XT11

Honestly I find both of them totally awesome! After reading ArmyTek Viking X review by firelord777, I was just wondering does the Klarus XT11 hold up in the water test like ArmyTek Viking X does? I was reading about Viking X and its called a younger brother of Predator in terms of rugged build and stuff. Is Klarus XT11 build to withstand the abuse that Viking X can easily handle?

Thanks,
Saad.

I'm not sure about water, but I know my XT11 is used daily at work and has fallen from numerous heights, numerous times. It's got some battle scars which is expected but it keeps on going no matter what I do to it.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Flashion,

1. ArmyTek Viking X
2. Klarus XT11

Thanks,
Saad.

i think you'd do fine with either one. I have a Armytek Predator and an XT 11 and they're both superb lights. either one are in a class of their own so to speak

kj2

Flashaholic
Am thinking again of buying the XT11. Only those problems with the plastic-ring kept me off from buying.

FlashLion

Enlightened
Hey Flashion,

1. ArmyTek Viking X
2. Klarus XT11

Thanks,
Saad.
Hello,thanks
Klarus XT11 is very well water isolated.There are people that use it in the pool.I have read about this here in the forum.

Am thinking again of buying the XT11. Only those problems with the plastic-ring kept me off from buying.
It's good that the last XT11 are supplied with metal ring.

Dubois

Enlightened
Actually, my bad, it is metal. I've just taken it off for a proper look (and rattle on a piece of steel). There is, however, a lot of play - maybe 1-2mm with the tailcap screwed down, so it spins like crazy. I'll have to get another O ring or something to try to keep it in place.

FlashLion

Enlightened
Do you know how many lumens the xr-e q5 smo light is ?
Probably the output is about 200 lumens maximum.The XR-E is driven with one Li-Ion battery and 3 AMC7135 chip =1.05A. The hot spot is very bright but can't throw farther away than the Klarus XT11.

Last edited:

HaileStorm

Enlightened
i think you'd do fine with either one. I have a Armytek Predator and an XT 11 and they're both superb lights. either one are in a class of their own so to speak

How does their build quality compare? Do you have the v2 predator?

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does their build quality compare? Do you have the v2 predator?

i have the v2 predator! if you want tank-like build quality, while the xt11 does come close, I think the Predator just has that extra durability over the XT11.

but the xt11 has a much simpler interface

HaileStorm

Enlightened
Thanks for your input! I have the xt11 but I've been eyeing the predator for months. How does the predators output compare to the xt11? I know it's meant to be a thrower but Is it a lot weaker or is the difference not too noticeable?

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your input! I have the xt11 but I've been eyeing the predator for months. How does the predators power compare to the xt11? Is it a lot weaker ot not too noticeable?

the predator has a lot more throw due to the emitter it uses having a smaller size/die (XP-G2 is what lightjunction sells, i believe armytek still sells the XP-G on their site, go for the XP-G2 though), smooth reflector (depending on which one you choose, but you CAN choose an orange peel reflector if you want), and much deeper reflector

the Klarus XT11 has a million times more flood because it has a shallower reflector that is orange peel (OP) and a much larger die emitter (XM-L)

that's the general idea of the situation. they're both amazing lights.

choose the XT11 for a simpler interface and much more flood. choose the predator for more distance on the beam (throw) and a much more customizable interface and the edge over the XT11 in build quality. :)