Klarus XT11-small review with interesting photos

HaileStorm

Enlightened
Great, thanks very much! I'm still waiting for hkequipment's black xpg2's to arrive and will order the predator right away! Cant wait to compare it to my other lights!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great, thanks very much! I'm still waiting for hkequipment's black xpg2's to arrive and will order the predator right away! Cant wait to compare it to my other lights!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

yeah man! no problem at all. I hear the XP-G2 Predators are absolutely insane, enjoy it! I have an XP-G predator which is amazing, too, but get an XT11 to top it all off, though ;)

Southpaw1925

Newly Enlightened
Is the xt11 easily pocketable? It's a little on the large side of EDC isn't it?

sog_sniper

Newly Enlightened
Great review and pictures Flashlion....the pictures you posted clearly shows the physical features of the XT11...:goodjob:

mtdewmike

Newly Enlightened
I added the Klarus XT11 to my collection earlier this year, and I have to say it's really an awesome flashlight. Since buying it, I've bought the following accessories:

- 4 lenses (red, green, blue, white diffuser), which are really well-made
- a better holster - the Maxpedition 5" flashlight sheath
- an Otterbox 3250 waterproof case to hold everything
- the RS11 bezel, which fits perfectly and looks much better than the stock XT11 bezel

I'm currently waiting on some pricing for the new Klarus aggressive strike bezel, which looks mean!

Has anyone found an accessory that would allow the XT11 (or other members of the Klarus XT family) to tail stand? I thought the tactical grip ring might work, but it's a bit narrower than the tail itself.

FlashLion

Enlightened
I added the Klarus XT11 to my collection earlier this year, and I have to say it's really an awesome flashlight. Since buying it, I've bought the following accessories:

- 4 lenses (red, green, blue, white diffuser), which are really well-made
- a better holster - the Maxpedition 5" flashlight sheath
- an Otterbox 3250 waterproof case to hold everything
- the RS11 bezel, which fits perfectly and looks much better than the stock XT11 bezel

I'm currently waiting on some pricing for the new Klarus aggressive strike bezel, which looks mean!

Has anyone found an accessory that would allow the XT11 (or other members of the Klarus XT family) to tail stand? I thought the tactical grip ring might work, but it's a bit narrower than the tail itself.
Great equipment!
The RS11 can tailstand,but it has different UI.I use it tail stand on Medium light level and it's very useful.You can try to make the XT11 to tail stand with part of plastic tube.
I like the design of these flashlights.I will take one of the new Klarus RS flashlights when they are available in the local store.

HaileStorm

Enlightened
yeah man! no problem at all. I hear the XP-G2 Predators are absolutely insane, enjoy it! I have an XP-G predator which is amazing, too, but get an XT11 to top it all off, though ;)

Thanks, man! Yeah, I've been reading a lot about the predators recently and i just cant wait to try out the programming! I still have my xt11 but I'm about to sell it to a friend. I'll let it go when the predator arrives as my xt2c serves my close range lighting just fine. I'm gonna miss it though. Been such a flawless light. Powerful too and the aggressive bezel just came out :( makes it a lot harder to let go...

Southpaw1925

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone recommend some good 16340 batteries for this thing to get the highest output pls? Or are ultrafires okay ? Bc I'm close to pulling the trigger!!!!!

silverspurr

Newly Enlightened
Manhattan a.k.a. N.Y.C. a.k.a. The Big Apple
[SIZE=+1]I recently received the Klarus XT11.
I have owned the XT10 for over a year and decided to upgrade to the XT11.
While the color and brightness [SIZE=+1]are[/SIZE] very nice, there are two flaws this light has that for me make it uncomfortable and unpredictable when having to use the light.
#1. as I'm sure you have heard from others, the anti-roll plastic ring not only is not a tight fit (the XT10 is a perfect tight fit), it spins freely in a circle AND up and down AND if you put your index finger on one side and your thumb on the other side of it, it wobbles side to side which for me is terrible especially at $71.00 - $89.00.
However the wost design flaw is the fact that the strobe is set off too easily when I don't want it to go off.... simply by using the larger button/switch.... if my thumb even slightly touches the smaller mode button/switch.... the strobe goes off! Terrible.
This is absolutely not an issue with my XT10.
I don't want to (should not have to) have to consciously face the smaller mode button/switch outward each and every time I want to/need to use momentary on... without having the strobe fire off!
[SIZE=+1]The Klarus XT11 w[/SIZE]ould be a superb light (as is the XT10) if not for these two (2) design flaws.
[/SIZE]

FlashLion

Enlightened
Hello
Yes,the grip ring is not made good enough for this flashlight.I hope your XT11 is with metal version of the grip ring.
Try to put a spare O-ring before the grip ring,this will keeps it tight.
About the using strobe-
The buttons on my XT11 are too heavy,hard to press,mostly because the rubber cap is too soft and needs more pressing.
I am not sure,but maybe in your XT11 the ring that tightens all in the tail-cap is too tight and shortens the move needed for switching.
Just my guess.

Dubois

Enlightened
I'm glad I'm not the only person who has problems with the two mode buttons on the XT11. I put a glow-in-the-dark O ring before the grip ring which helps, but it's still not great (need a thicker O ring, I guess). The ring should be metal, if you bought the light recently (I thought mine was plastic until I took it off and dropped it).

My problem is not easily finding the mode change button when the light is on - I fiddle about a lot looking for it.

FlashLion

Enlightened
I'm glad I'm not the only person who has problems with the two mode buttons on the XT11. I put a glow-in-the-dark O ring before the grip ring which helps, but it's still not great (need a thicker O ring, I guess). The ring should be metal, if you bought the light recently (I thought mine was plastic until I took it off and dropped it).

My problem is not easily finding the mode change button when the light is on - I fiddle about a lot looking for it.
Yes,maybe the dual tail switch is not easiest to use,but for me finding the side switch in the dark is much more difficult and very hard to use the tail and the side switch together with one hand.
Maybe it's just for me and also depends of the hands.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Guys.

I have owned the Klarus XT11 since it first hit the market.

It is still the main flashlight that I take everywhere.

The XT11 still has pride of place in my leather man bag along side my 2500 lumen rated Black Skyray King (SRK) when I only need a smaller and less intrusive amount of light that the SRK always delivers at the touch of a single button.

There are those users that don't like the UI for some reason or another but to me it is just a great little light that is still available and probably still being made by Klarus.

And why not?

The Klarus XT11 is so well designed and looks very sleek and elegant IMHO.

It has a very generous light output for the size of it that produces a nice wide spot beam as well as a good amount of spill with a good looking tint in my book.

I have always used two Soshine Li-ion 16340 700mah batteries in my XT11 since day one.

Lately I have been running two EagleTac 16340 (RCR123) 750mah Li-ion batteries in my XT11 and it puts out about 750 lumens OTF.

When using one Blazar Li-ion 18650 3400mah battery or two CR123 (750mah) Lithium batteries my XT11 produces about 600 lumens OTF.

The increase in lumen output is quite noticeable.

The higher lumen output was noted by Selfbuilt in his review of the Klarus XT11.

The Selfbuilt XT11 review link dated 8th March 2012 is available below.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?334884-Klarus-XT11-%28XM-L-U2-1x18650-2xCR123A-RCR%29-Review-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS-VIDEO

The XT11 always defaults to the HIGH mode after switching it off as it has no memory function.

This appeals to a lot of users who always want the highest amount of lumens to be available every time they hit the higher raised button in the case of the XT11.

Some users want an instantly available high amount of light and others want to have their light start at LOW or MOONLIGHT level to preserve their night vision especially when using their flashlight around the house late at night so as not to disturb other occupants of the house like babies, children or their wife etc.

There is always much debate over many things to do with any flashlight design.

Designing every flashlight with a programming feature so that the user can change things like the "MODE" sequence etc would probably make them more expensive and this could possibly put a lot of flashlights just out of the reach of many buyers who have a maximum price in their mind that would normally be allowed for in their budget.

When any flashlight has a user interface (UI) that can change the default settings of a flashlight there is always a possibility that the user may not realise it.

Any flashlight user could change the default settings themselves without remembering doing so.

Another possibility is that someone else could accidentally change the user settings when simply using it, playing with it or just for fun to upset the user with their their little prank.

This possibly puts the user at risk in an emergency situation when the HIGH mode was expected to be available at the first button push.

I am sure nowadays that everyone can't be pleased with just one flashlight design or it would be a very boring flashlight world.

The XM-L U2 LED used in the XT11 is pretty good to me seeing as how the XT11 was designed a while back before the latest generation of more efficient LEDs were readily available.

I am wondering whether Klarus is thinking of upgrading the XT11 U2 LED to a more efficient LED as many other brands have done lately.

Who would "try to improve on perfection" just like Leonardo's "Mona Lisa" and other great works of all kinds in this world except maybe to shine a brighter light on it as is the case of the Klarus XT11 by upgrading the XM-L U2 LED to something more efficient and a little brighter?

There is some interesting discussion on the Internet regarding the "Mona Lisa" painting and others involving Leonardo Da Vinci and Michelangelo.

Most of this discussion seems to still point to Leonardo being the authentic artist but with some of Michelangelo's influence at that time.

The Klarus XT11 just rocks IMHO!!!

Well done Klarus!!!
:wow:

CHEERS :twothumbs

Last edited:

FlashLion

Enlightened
Hello @Oztorchfreak
Thank you for the great post here!
It's very useful for new users to know our experience with XT11.

OK Don't worry.Write it as you like it.
Cheers

Last edited: