Klarus XT11-small review with interesting photos

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello @Oztorchfreak
Thank you for the great post here!
It's very useful for new users to know our experience with XT11.

Please,no need to advertise other reviewers here! People know how to use the search feature,and most of them know about the other reviews.

Hi flashlion.

I read your PM but I have to go to bed now.

It is 6:30am over here in OZ!!!!! :tired:

I will answer it and I have done the slight change that you mentioned as you can see.

I have grown very used to the two button levels on the XT11 and now it is not a problem, it all depends on the way you grip the XT11 and push the buttons down.

CHEERS

Baby Huey

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered this the other day as well as a XT20. Your review helped a lot.
I appreciate it immensely.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I come home from work will find you all a users report from a UK copper on Klarus lights,makes a nice read.

TEEJ

Flashaholic

I am (Guessing) that he means that, when he comes home from work, he plans to find a user report, written by a United Kingdom police officer about Klarus lights, and, when he finds it, he will post it here for us. He then assures us that we will like reading it.

:D

FlashLion

Enlightened
Thanks for your help Bullzeyebill and TEEJ. :thanks:
Edit: Just wondering what is UK copper.I thought it is metal.

Last edited:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am (Guessing) that he means that, when he comes home from work, he plans to find a user report, written by a United Kingdom police officer about Klarus lights, and, when he finds it, he will post it here for us. He then assures us that we will like reading it.

:D

Thank you for explaining it so well.:)

Dubois

Enlightened
Could have sworn that I read the report, and even commented on it, but now it's gone. I'll best have another glass of wine.

Adrenaline_6

Newly Enlightened
Thats weird. i don't have any problem finding the dual buttons on my XT11 in the dark. There is 2 cut outs in the tail cap that you can easily feel without looking at it. One lines up with the mode button and the other is opposite the mode button. When you put your thumb on the main button, you can tell by distance and feel which cutout that you are on. If the mode button is closer to your thumb (my preference), I grip the light to the rear enough so that I can use the point of my thumb to hit either button but not both if hitting the main button. If I am on the opposite cutout, I either roll it in my palm 180 degrees, which is easily done , or slide it rearward enough to be able to hit the mode button with my thumb and not hit the main button while doing it. Rather simple.

Dirtbasher

Newly Enlightened
Great Review.
A friend of mine bought one and he is very happy with it he also said that for him its a plus point to have both buttons on the back of the light.

Also have one Hendrik, very good quality , it's design is gun mounted Tactical though, as it has spring loaded battery terminals to absorb recoil.
Klarus has brought out a newer version of the XT11.

FlashLion

Enlightened
Thanks for reading!
I go fishing
often and this flashlight is always with me,to help me when needed.This is my trusted light.

Last edited:

Cityus

Newly Enlightened
Re: Klarus XT11-short review with interesting photos

Hello.I want to share my impressions of Klarus XT11. I will post many photos so You can see every detail.Enjoy:popcorn:

sa550358r.jpg

The first impression of the appearance is great color anodisation-excellent dark gray anodizing.Very nice to touch.Impressive are cooling fins on the head not only for beauty.They do very good work.The clip seems stable,but I do not usually use this type of attachment for this size flashlights.The grip of the flashlight is very comfortable as the tactical ring adds strength to the grip.The cnurling of the flashlight is excellent.
sa550411ar1.jpg

sa551157a1.jpg

The LED Cree XM-L U2 is well centered.Anti-reflective toughened glass is absolutely clean and clear.
sa550569c1r.jpg
sa550400ar.jpg

Detachable stainless steel bezel is very good option and very stylish.You can buy extra accessories-colored filters and diffuser.

Both keys are of sufficient size and are easy to use.For me no need of time to get familiar with dual button design.The battery tube is very well sized thickness.Protected 18650 batteries fit very well.Forward clicky is quiet and comfortable to pressing.
sa550386br1.jpg
sa550383ar1.jpg

sa550582r1.jpg

Threads are high quality and thick enough although not square.Both head and tailcap threads are very well greased.

sa550394r12.jpg
sa550400r1.jpg

sa550407.jpg

compared with black flashlight

The hot spot of the light is very big (sometimes it's useful,sometimes not so) and bright enough.XT11 is not a thrower but thanks to the deep reflector and large amount of lumens the flashlight illuminates very far.I can see the light spot on a building which is 200 meters away from me.The medium lighting mode of 150 lumens is very useful when long run time is needed.The Low lighting mode of 10 lumen can be used for reading.
I did not test for the runtime,current consumption and brightness but You can see this information in other reviews.Visibly flashlight lit without much difference from 4.2 to 3.5 volts with 18650 battery.There is PWM but it's necessary to operate dual button switch.

sa550562r1.jpg
sa550563r1.jpg
sa550564r1l.jpg

High Medium Low
sa551198r.jpg
sa551183r.jpg

Textured orange peel reflector

Generally work with double button switch is very convenient and saves the rotation of the head or the search for the second button somewhere on the body.When I use this size flashlights I always use highest lighting mode so no memory is perfect for me.Quick and momentary access to strobe is another important thing for me.I can signal to someone very quickly and easily.Strobe can be activated from any lighting level.
sa551152r.jpg
sa550591r1.jpg

XT11 comes with the basic necessary accessories.
Тhere are some things that could be better,but generally the flashlight is very pleasant for use and is worth it.

sa551111r.jpg
sa551127r.jpg

sa551113r.jpg
sa551114r.jpg

My video review:high quality pics at the end:)

Outdoor beamshots :huh:
Here are:XML T6+52mm OP reflector(1.5A); Klarus XT11 XML U2; XPG R5+TIR optic(1.4A); XRE Q5+smooth reflector(1A); XRE Q5+TIR optic(700mA).(from right to left)
sa550340s.jpg

The distance is ~25 meters; Exposure time 8 s; F3.3
beams.gif

sa550436a1.jpg

sa550430a1.jpg

sa550431a1.jpg

sa550435a1.jpg

sa550439a1.jpg

sa550447a2.jpg

sa550441a2.jpg

sa550446a2.jpg

sa550442a2.jpg

sa550440a2.jpg

Enjoy :twothumbs

what lights did you use to compare with in this review ?!

FlashLion

Enlightened

These were some custom/DIY flshlights I made about 3 years ago.They are not from any of the popular brands.
If you are interested in the XT11,it was upgraded last year.
Check out my Klarus XT11 (2014) flashlight review: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...014)-XM-L2-1x18650-2xCR123A-Review&highlight=
The new model is brighter and with much better beam.:thumbsup:

Cityus

Newly Enlightened

These were some custom/DIY flshlights I made about 3 years ago.They are not from any of the popular brands.
If you are interested in the XT11,it was upgraded last year.
Check out my Klarus XT11 (2014) flashlight review: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...014)-XM-L2-1x18650-2xCR123A-Review&highlight=
The new model is brighter and with much better beam.:thumbsup:
I'm actually interested in the custom TIR light you made - I'm trying to find out how to replace a standard reflector with a TIR in hopes of making a more affordable surefire outdoorsman e1l-aa

FlashLion

Enlightened

I'm actually interested in the custom TIR light you made - I'm trying to find out how to replace a standard reflector with a TIR in hopes of making a more affordable surefire outdoorsman e1l-aa
OK. I will PM you the flashlight I used and the TIR I used,just first to find them in the net.:thumbsup:

Cityus

Newly Enlightened

OK. I will PM you the flashlight I used and the TIR I used,just first to find them in the net.:thumbsup:
You rock, great review by the way, XT11 was almost my first purchase, I ended up going with an XT1C, great UI!!!