Status
Not open for further replies.

leodanger

Newly Enlightened
a>

Just seeing if this works...

leodanger

Newly Enlightened
It's really hard to see the difference in light output (which is why I made the rig... I had to review a load of different brands last year for a feature and couldn't comment on the claimed runtimes as it's so hard to see for sure).

Even when it starts pulsing to warn you it's on the way out, it's hard to see the difference (during the period it's on of course).

When sitting at the desk, you can see the torch flick down after three minutes, but can't really see a difference in brightness sitting here. I'll post pics of the difference in beam in the next couple of days.

If you're interested, I can do runtimes on the XT10, XT20, XT2C and ST10. I won't redo the medium runtimes on the 10 or 2C as they're both 150 lumen in that mode, so there's no reason to think they'd be any different to the XT11.

I also won't redo the 10-minute reset, as it was a pain in the bum! I was impressed with how little of the cell life was sucked away by constantly resetting it, and the runtime were all over those claimed.

Oh, I'm using Cytac 2400mAh 18650s

Thanks for the runtime test.

I'm not sure if I understand you correct.
Did you consistently , for over 2 hours turn the light on and off every 10 seconds on high mode? Thus keeping the 600 lumens mode

Could your eyes see a difference in output on High mode after 2 hours?

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Came home from SHOT to find my XT-11 waiting.
It is slightly longer than the XT-10
It is brighter and the stainless bezel makes the light just seem higher quality.

It's a nice light and it is brighter than the XT-10 visibly to the naked eye

U

User3451

Just got mine & it seems like a great light but as a tactical user I'm not sure if my switch is faulty?
The main switch works fine but the mode switch doesn't always change to the next level unless I use (what seems) like a lot of force, especially when I compare that force to the amount I use on the main switch for momentary on?
From off I hit the mode switch for instant strobe & again I have to use a lot of force to keep the strobe on otherwise it goes off really easily?
Can anyone tell me if that's normal & the mode switch does indeed require more pressure as it's the first Klarus light I have owned so I'm not sure whether it's just me as I also realize the main switch has a larger surface area so is easier to press compared to the smaller mode switch.
Other than that I love it even though I've always been a Fenix fan.
I also didn't like the idea of step down in output after 3 minutes and this is one thing I still love about Fenix there lights. They can be safely left on full power with no worries of overheating but when I remember the XT11 is 600 lumens it's a small price to pay & to be fair I never actually have the light on for that long I just thought I did lol.
Andy UK

TEEJ

Flashaholic
There are two tail cap buttons on the XT11....you can't really change modes by pressing harder...as the main button only turns it on/off.

The second smaller button is the one that changes the modes....But - You don't WANT a tactical light that cycles through modes anyway...just momentary and on/off, with full brightness as the default ON setting....so that second button is depressed more so you won't accidentally hit it when depressing the main button...IE: Its purposefully more difficult to click it.

If you are finding it a lot harder to PRESS that button, as opposed to reaching it TO press it accidentally, that's different than mine at least, which has a bout the same resistance as the main button.

I love my XT11, its def one of my favorite lights right now. Its one of the reasons I went and ordered the XT20, I was that impressed with it.

:D

leodanger

Newly Enlightened
I haven't found it takes a lot of pressure to use the mode button. I can understand you wanting it to be right, especially as the mode button is your direct access to strobe.

If you're holding the strobe button on, I noticed that it's possible to release your finger pressure a little, and it go off, but that's my thumb relaxing. Without directly comparing it, it's difficult to say whether there is a problem with yours or not.

Klarus lights have a two year warranty, so you shouldn't have any problems, especially in the UK where the importer, Taclight, is very helpful. Did you buy it direct from them? If you got it locally, ask to try another, or give Taclight a call or email – they do reply very quickly.

Just got mine & it seems like a great light but as a tactical user I'm not sure if my switch is faulty?
The main switch works fine but the mode switch doesn't always change to the next level unless I use (what seems) like a lot of force, especially when I compare that force to the amount I use on the main switch for momentary on?
From off I hit the mode switch for instant strobe & again I have to use a lot of force to keep the strobe on otherwise it goes off really easily?
Can anyone tell me if that's normal & the mode switch does indeed require more pressure as it's the first Klarus light I have owned so I'm not sure whether it's just me as I also realize the main switch has a larger surface area so is easier to press compared to the smaller mode switch.
Other than that I love it even though I've always been a Fenix fan.
I also didn't like the idea of step down in output after 3 minutes and this is one thing I still love about Fenix there lights. They can be safely left on full power with no worries of overheating but when I remember the XT11 is 600 lumens it's a small price to pay & to be fair I never actually have the light on for that long I just thought I did lol.
Andy UK

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
The mode switch is also actually just a small round switch covered by a semi circle rubber cover. It works easiest when pushed in the center. It should not be overly difficult too use.

Do you have large hands and big fingers?

U

User3451

Hi guys thanks for your input. I think your all kind of right!

On some of the marketing I read for this light it said you can press both buttons in any direction for them to work?
So I expected them to be a little easier to press than they are, so thanks madecove when I hit the mode in the middle it works fine : )

I'm not confused about the function of what both switches do and realise the main switch is easier to hit than the mode which is an intended feature. But It does feel like it needs more force when using the mode button but that's probably down to a bit of finger fatigue (as I was using it a lot) and paranoia that set in because as leodanger said if he takes a little pressure off the mode switch the strobe goes off so I guess my lights all good. So tahnks guys for your help : )
I actually got mine off a seller on eBay from Hong Kong & saved £30 UK sterling but I have been buying stuff of this seller for years and he has never let me down so I'm one very happy chap : )
I tested it last night and if there are any Airsoft players out there this light will outrange any UK legal Airsoft/paintball gun I know off & you can see your BB's flying through the air with ease and hitting your targets plus althoguh I give my postion away people where just confused as to where i was with a flood of strobe lighting it was just brilliant : )

U

User3451

double post & dont know how to delete it

Last edited by a moderator:

leodanger

Newly Enlightened
Glad you seem to have got it sorted, and that you're getting on well with the light.
Just had a look on eBay, and the cheapest I can see is about £15 cheaper than buying in the UK. Not that much really (especially if you get stung for import duty). Also, the eBay seller I found gave a 'limited' warranty, and would charge shipping AND parts for any repairs. Certainly not what you get with the UK distributor.
That's not to say I don't take advantage of cheap kit from the East, but I'm glad I got my flashlights from a seller I can call if I want any advice, and who gives a full warranty.

Streak

Enlightened
I just received mine. Very nicely built light with a great beam.
I already had the XT20 which really has a lot of wow factor massive flood with very decent throw too.
I expected though that the XT11 with the much deeper reflector would compete as far as throw is concerned with the XT20.
However it cant, those 2xXML's in the XT20 not only give a lot more flood but a lot more throw too.
I will test the XT11 with 2xCR123's tonight to see if there s a difference as my tests so far have been with 18650's.

U

User3451

Glad you seem to have got it sorted, and that you're getting on well with the light.
Just had a look on eBay, and the cheapest I can see is about £15 cheaper than buying in the UK. Not that much really (especially if you get stung for import duty). Also, the eBay seller I found gave a 'limited' warranty, and would charge shipping AND parts for any repairs. Certainly not what you get with the UK distributor.
That's not to say I don't take advantage of cheap kit from the East, but I'm glad I got my flashlights from a seller I can call if I want any advice, and who gives a full warranty.

Yeah this is always a bit of a gamble but at £30 cheaper than any UK seller I thought it was worth the risk (The seller I buy from had a buy it now / make an offer which I did and he accepted : )
But I find it hard not to agree with your logic as there not cheap tools! I guess I just fall back on the manufacturer warranty.

Cheers for your help : )

MurphyCop

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys thanks for your input. I think your all kind of right!

On some of the marketing I read for this light it said you can press both buttons in any direction for them to work?
So I expected them to be a little easier to press than they are, so thanks madecove when I hit the mode in the middle it works fine : )

I'm not confused about the function of what both switches do and realise the main switch is easier to hit than the mode which is an intended feature. But It does feel like it needs more force when using the mode button but that's probably down to a bit of finger fatigue (as I was using it a lot) and paranoia that set in because as leodanger said if he takes a little pressure off the mode switch the strobe goes off so I guess my lights all good. So tahnks guys for your help : )
I actually got mine off a seller on eBay from Hong Kong & saved £30 UK sterling but I have been buying stuff of this seller for years and he has never let me down so I'm one very happy chap : )
I tested it last night and if there are any Airsoft players out there this light will outrange any UK legal Airsoft/paintball gun I know off & you can see your BB's flying through the air with ease and hitting your targets plus althoguh I give my postion away people where just confused as to where i was with a flood of strobe lighting it was just brilliant : )

Who is your ebay source you use?

U

User3451

I just received mine. Very nicely built light with a great beam.
I already had the XT20 which really has a lot of wow factor massive flood with very decent throw too.
I expected though that the XT11 with the much deeper reflector would compete as far as throw is concerned with the XT20.
However it cant, those 2xXML's in the XT20 not only give a lot more flood but a lot more throw too.
I will test the XT11 with 2xCR123's tonight to see if there s a difference as my tests so far have been with 18650's.

Did you notice any diffrence between 2xCR123's & 18650's? I watched the going gear review and his light could easy hit the tree at a hundred yards (Just under 100 meters) I tried that when walking the dog and there was no way I was able to see the tree light up like the video. The only reason I could think was the camera would pick up a lot more light than my eyes could take in & of course sadly my eyes dont have a zoom feature lol

sak240

Newly Enlightened
hey guys sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I ordered the xt-11 and am in need oF a better holster as I am a LEO and need something better than the one that comes with it. I have been searching around and all of the usual holsters dot seem to fit a light of this size. what are you guys using? what do u recommend?

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey guys sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I ordered the xt-11 and am in need oF a better holster as I am a LEO and need something better than the one that comes with it. I have been searching around and all of the usual holsters dot seem to fit a light of this size. what are you guys using? what do u recommend?

Bianchi chemical spray holder (large) MKIV size I think

sak240

Newly Enlightened
ok MK4 size chemical holster it is,thanks for all your help :thumbsup:

snoop75

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,
I am in the market for a new 18650 light and XT11 seems like it might fit the bill.

I am interested to hear from XT11 owners regarding what type of beam this light has. My other 18650 light is a Fenix TK12, which I really like for hiking and general around the house tasks. It has a nice balance between throw and flood.

How does the XT11 compare with something like a TK12? Would it have as much spill as TK12? I don't mind if it has more throw, but I wouldn't want to lose the amount of spill that I currently get from the TK12.

Cheers.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Hi all,
I am in the market for a new 18650 light and XT11 seems like it might fit the bill.

I am interested to hear from XT11 owners regarding what type of beam this light has. My other 18650 light is a Fenix TK12, which I really like for hiking and general around the house tasks. It has a nice balance between throw and flood.

How does the XT11 compare with something like a TK12? Would it have as much spill as TK12? I don't mind if it has more throw, but I wouldn't want to lose the amount of spill that I currently get from the TK12.

Cheers.

The TK12 is about the same size as the XT11, but throws about half the light. The XT11 has a floody beam with some throw to it....last night I could see deer at ~ 250 yards (Bodies, eyes are too easy at any range) for example.

Think of your TK12 throwing a fatter flood of light, further...and you'd have a rough idea of the XT11.

Here's an example of the XT11 in a crawlspace under a large apartment complex....the closest part of the pic is far in front of the camera, I don't remember the amount anymore, maybe 50-100' to where the camera is zoomed to, with the columns and end of the space visible at least double that again between columns, etc.

6789346246_56688454cb_z.jpg

There is obviously a lot of spill, the entire space is lit up like I had a light switch.

:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.