Leadlight 105/110 Modification Stages1,2

Woodsie

Newly Enlightened
Re: How to Modify 5mw Leadlight Green Laser upto 45mw+

Ok i am totally useless at soldering, so i think i will, try and sell it to someone who wants it

liteglow, you got PM

AW

Newly Enlightened

How much you want for that shipped to Hong Kong?

Canuke

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
LaserModifier said:
[ QUOTE ]
s0crates82 said:
does this method work on the Green Lasers from Fry's Electronics? They're branded as "Alpec"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure, I am assuming the diodes are the same but what about the circuitary, anyone else know?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have one of those, I tried the mod by eye. I suspect however that mine was already past 5mW... but lacking a free green LED I can't be sure.

The only thing I see that looks different is that the IR filter in mine is in the outer focusing lens assembly which gets pried off the top, not affixed to the output end as seen here.

slammin

Newly Enlightened

i Have done both these mods now and the laser is now perfect (i think) thenks laser modifier for the info. Im too scared to take it back apart cos it seems to have improved so much im not riskin losin this power! when i seen pictures of a beam so bright in daylight i thought they were faked, but now i know its true, cos ive took some myself. Thanks a lot for this info!

liteglow

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
slammin said:
i Have done both these mods now and the laser is now perfect (i think) thenks laser modifier for the info. Im too scared to take it back apart cos it seems to have improved so much im not riskin losin this power! when i seen pictures of a beam so bright in daylight i thought they were faked, but now i know its true, cos ive took some myself. Thanks a lot for this info!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
enjoy your laser.. and be careful with it !!
Remeber the power is wery dangerous !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
but alot of fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

kakcoo

Newly Enlightened
Re: How to Modify 5mw Leadlight Green Laser upto 4

If I allready have a pointer that lays on 45mW. (I'm thinking about the 45mW one you can buy from Arnold) How high output can I get from it?

Raccoon

Enlightened

I'm pretty sure that's the most you'll get out of it. Besides, a pointer doesn't have the heatsinking necessary to disburse much more heat.

uncleworm

Newly Enlightened

This is my first post. I'm reading al lot at this forum.
But can somebody confirm me that this modification is also possible at the new models
with the indicator led?
And what are exactly the differences between the new and the old model? Only the feedback? With you can destroy
by cutting the wire?

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast

thats a pretty sweet post. I wish my Leadlight still worked. Damn thing crapped out on me and I never even touch the innards. Last I spoke with arnold he did not have anymore lasers that were 45mw, unless he lied to me.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just got mine and it is bright the beam is clearly visible
at night or in a mostly dark room.I just popped the switch cover off and the pot is visible in the hole with but I do not want to hurt it,what are the chances that I will make it worse or not improve it? I see what people see in lasers they are cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LeaKeD

Newly Enlightened

5% chance to break yer laser doing only the pot MOD, 73% chance thats its already potted.. I tried to do pot mod on my newist laser only to find it was already potted.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

dyter

Newly Enlightened

- 0% chance with the pot mod if you turn without power on the leadlight because if you short the pot with the case the diode isn't reguled.
- I think that the leadlight is at 5mw for the class IIIa strict reglementation: I found this:
http://www.apinex.com/ret2/glp5an.html
for 10 or 20mw I think it's a pot mod only, and they sell it much !

DaFiend

Enlightened

I've never heard of a laser dying from the pot mod. Leaked, you should get some change at least with a pot mod. do you have instruments to confirm that there was absolutely no change? Where did you purchase as well?

dyter

Newly Enlightened

chance but no change ...

DaFiend

Enlightened

you can do the pot mod without the pointer on, some people prefer to do it that so there is absolutely no chance of shorting the pot................

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast

What happens if you short the pot while tweeking?

KeyserSoze

Newly Enlightened

mushroom.jpg