• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Learning the Peak way :)

post tenebras

Enlightened
Re: Big Thumbs Down for Peak

We have several hundred lights in inventory that no one wants that have Lux III, K2 and Seoul P4 LEDs in them.

Curt

Whoa!

You wouldn't have that McKinley(?) I read about with 7 RG&B LEDs programmed to change color randomly, would you? :hitit:

RobynS

Newly Enlightened
Re: On the Fence :)

Hey Curt,

Are those extra inventory of old P4, K2, etc lights available for a discount price?

I will attempt to put a list together - mostly Curt was talking about Lux 1 and Lux 3 lights - oh for a crystal ball on how the LED technology would change :)

Robyn

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened

I will attempt to put a list together - mostly Curt was talking about Lux 1 and Lux 3 lights - oh for a crystal ball on how the LED technology would change :)

Robyn

I dont know if I would buy any Luxeon 1 but maybe a luxeon 3. Deffinately P4s or K2s at a good price.

bedazzLED

Enlightened
May as well add my comments into the discussion.

Yep, the web-site needs a little tweaking/overhaul but it show's us what they sell, and it accepts orders so that's OK. The status isn't always/ever updated but that's OK.

I've been buying PEAK light's for a while now, and the process seems to go like this.

Basically, I place my order, and I've learnt not to get too stressed about the web-site status, and I sit tight for 3-4 weeks. At the end of this time I get a delivery of a beautifully machined, great little light!. Any emails I've sent to RobynS eventually get answered too. The process always works for me so far.

Have faith, PEAK is great, service is great. I suspect they are just busy trying to get the torches made and sent out in a reasonable time, instead of worrying too much about the website.

The only real complaint I have about the PEAK lights is that I'm still recovering from the first time I used my PEAK Eiger 10180 (with power level 8). OUCH! Don't run for very long. but it's a bright little critter!. I'll stick to the Peak Eiger 10180 at power level 4 for everyday use, and use the other for that WOW factor :laughing:.

Go PEAK.

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened

I called curt today and he explained that many of the K2 and P4 leds are just LEDs in stock on strips of LEDs not in flashlights. Much of the other stock is just the heads of old LED lights that were not sold and were canabalized to use their bodies for newer versions so in the end we arent going to get a great deal on old peak lights :(

gjg

Enlightened
I've been buying PEAK light's for a while now, and the process seems to go like this.

Basically, I place my order, and I've learnt not to get too stressed about the web-site status, and I sit tight for 3-4 weeks. At the end of this time I get a delivery of a beautifully machined, great little light!. Any emails I've sent to RobynS eventually get answered too. The process always works for me so far.

Have faith, PEAK is great, service is great. I suspect they are just busy trying to get the torches made and sent out in a reasonable time, instead of worrying too much about the website.

The only real complaint I have about the PEAK lights is that I'm still recovering from the first time I used my PEAK Eiger 10180 (with power level 8). OUCH! Don't run for very long. but it's a bright little critter!. I'll stick to the Peak Eiger 10180 at power level 4 for everyday use, and use the other for that WOW factor :laughing:.

Go PEAK.
Yup - That's pretty much the process, like it or not. I think Robyn and Kurt are both stretched too thin with the rest of their lives to spend time (or money) on the website, so their resources go into the lights. But talking with either of them on the phone has been a positive experience - both are friendly and knowledgeable.

My father lost his 100 lumen Lummi Wee, and I didn't want to spend $100+ for a SS Wee to replace it, so we decided on a brass 10180 pocket body, power level 7 cool white. It almost didn't make it to my dad - I had to at least try it out... NICE little light! Plenty of throw (lots more than the Wee), good tint, bright, looks and feels great in brass. Where else can you get basically a custom light for $40? It may not have the features of the Chinese lights, but it SURE is more desirable...

Anyway, Peak is a Unique company, maybe not the best business model around, but the lights are worth waiting for! :D

just my $0.02,
Greg