List the BEST/WORST flashlight purchases you have made.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Incan, of course! :)

+1

I've never understood the thinking behind taking such a fantastic combination of both worlds and turning it into just another pure LED light.

Lucked out when I bought mine on the CPF marketPlace a handful of years ago. Got the light, and about 3 spare SureFire bulbs for it in their small clear plastic containers.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best: a lathe. I can make just about anything I want including entire flashlights.

Worst: a pair of Fulton angle head clones. I paid more for these clones than actual Fultons and they are not as well made.

wjv

Enlightened
Worst:

A few "clearance" lights from walmart with ringy beams. But I only paid $2-$3 each so no big loss.

Not bad lights, but I have found limited usage for the 1xAAA lights I have purchased.
The 1xAA are not much larger, but last longer and are generally more powerful.
- Sunwayman R01A
- Thrunite Tis

Best:

- Fenix PD32, PD32UE, LD10, TK15
- EagleTac D25A Clicky in NW
- 47s Mini-ML
- ArmyTek Predator
- L3 Illumination L10 - Nichia 219 NW

duckied

Newly Enlightened
Best in order:

X3vn super bright and simple to use

C21vn best edc IMO

Eagletac d25a best tiny pocket light

Nitecore ea8 I just really love this light

Worst:

Zebralight sc600l2 bad tint, for the price machining could be better, and horrible ui don't know why so many love it

fridgemagnet

Newly Enlightened
I love my Olight S15 2XAA - it's perfect for night walks in the West Cork wilderness - quite powerful on full - medium does me most of the time. The tint is ok, I guess, and the 2XAA fits so easily in my hand. Quality is good - but not as good as my Fenix LD15, which is exquisitely and strongly built. The tint is vile, but it's just so well made.

superpila

Newly Enlightened
The best for me has to be my EagleTac D25LC2 clicky with xpg-2, my edc. The worst is definitely the Thrunite Archer 1a. I love their products, but this model is just wrong: it's huge, it breaks easily (especially the oring at the tailcap, I think I had to replace it three times before I gave up on the flashlight) and the interface could be better

kestrel140

Newly Enlightened
Best: Nitecore p25 smilodon
Worst: Fenix pd35 switch issue ongoing
Best value: Nitecore p25 smilodon off ebay
Worst value: Fenix pd35 not working

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best: Malkoff Devices CR123 HA MDC

Honorable mentions:
Energizer Ultimate Lithium primary AA and AAA batteries
and the MAHA MH-C9000 charger

Worst: not sure yet, though the LRI Proton Pro was a real disappointment. The incan Maglite Solitaire was a poor performer.

mdc-cr123.jpg

proton-pro-clip.jpg

Last edited:

kevleee1

Newly Enlightened
Best: 4Sevens Quark QPA
Nitecore EA8
Nitecore P12
Sunwayman C21C

Worst: [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Nebo 5615 Redline (yeah yeah I learned my lesson)
Mag mini 2xAA incandescent version
Eddie Bauer 2xAA incandescent (similar to the Minimag)
[/FONT]

wrhaliburton

Newly Enlightened
Although I have more expensive lights, for some reason I keep going back to the cheap no name 1800 lumen zoomable lights on ebay. Like the spill and the tight zoom. Using Trustfire 5000 mah batteries, they haven't let me down yet. (I know they are not really 1800 lumens and the batteries are probably not actually 5000 mah, but what the hey).

chorlton

Newly Enlightened
Best light I've ever had is my SR52vn! Perfect for walks on long forest paths, beautiful piercing beam with perfect tint, great run time and amazingly compact with built in usb charging.... The perfect outdoor light in my opinion!

Worst, probably Maglight solitaire! Had it for a day then gave it away!

Modamag Drake Ti is my fave super compact... Perfect in every detail exept PWM!

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best: Fenix E11; Streamlight Night Com UV

Worst: Fenix TK41

why, you ask? just because I am constantly using the first two and NEVER use the last. It's still a great light. Actually thanks to CPF I don't think I've bought any really bad lights, just some I like better than others. The TK41 I bought because I wanted "one good light" but I found that while it's awesome it pretty much sits around the house waiting for the power to go out while the E11 is always in my pocket. Lesson being that you should buy the light that you're going to use, not the one that you think is cool.

Followup: New BEST is the Sunwayman V11Rvn. Gave the E11 to the girl.

Sort of regretting buying the EagleTac D25C Ti 219. Pocket clip is worthless to the point where it fell out of my pocket getting out of the car and onto a concrete driveway. Oops. Also, modes only work correctly on a primary cell while the V11R works on anything (although to be fair I haven't tried an alkaline yet.)

ven

Flashaholic
Best light I've ever had is my SR52vn! Perfect for walks on long forest paths, beautiful piercing beam with perfect tint, great run time and amazingly compact with built in usb charging.... The perfect outdoor light in my opinion!

Such a great light,made up that you really like it,as i said before its one of my go to lights,superb:)

ruke

Enlightened
Agreed on SR52vn! Long run time on turbo, relatively small n light & does not get hot! Very good thrower..

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened
Best: Fenix PD35 and Fenix TK09. The PD35 is just very bright, great quality and very pocketable. The TK09 is bright enough and has such a nice beam/colour.

Worst, ofcourse the maglight solitair, you can barely tell the light is on.

Blue Steel

Newly Enlightened
Best: ZL H600w mk II.
I don't have a worst.
Bad: L3 Illumination L10 nichia.

Tman72

Newly Enlightened
New to the forum .....
Best lights .... Zebra Light Sc600 MkII ( this little thing is a torch!)
Nitecore P25 ( good throw / flood combo rechargeable )
Fenix TK35 (original)
Fenix UC40 UE
Olight S10 L2 U2 ( good edc ,nice magnet feature, great moonlight mode)

Worst ..... Nebo Redline , sorry it's a piece of sh*t
Maglite MagTac ( not terrible but only one brightness for $75)

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
BEST purchase: 3 mag chargers & 2c purple maglites all for $45 (from a retired cop). 2 mag chargers were still new in the box. 3rd was repaired for free by mag instruments and sold for $46 on eBay (i would have broke even if not for the fees). Best upgrade purchases was the malkoff mag charger dropin that went into one of the new magchargers (with the funky multi-faceted reflector that is a tribute to his engineering skills)

WORST purchase: The TL-18 bulb i purchased for my dewalt lamp. pin broke. got replaced. kept falling out the housing. wouldn't stay in place and kept losing the connection. i had to keep unscrewing the lens to reinstall it until it stopped working. couldn't get a refund. replaced with a milwaukee single led 18v bulb that kicks it's a$$ and prompted me to buy more. anything else that was a worst purchase was sold at a flea market (+1 on those mag solitaires that used to pop because it couldn't vent gas built up)

AirmanV

Newly Enlightened
Best purchase: It's a toss up between my SF G2X Pro (200 lumen) and my SF P1R (just received it today). I hope I don't speak too soon with the P1R, but so far it has really impressed me. I love that SF has "seen the light" and are now making flashlights that can use 18650s without having to be bored! The P1R has a very pleasing tint, and it is very compact which makes for a great backup duty light. My G2X is a few years old now, and it's seen one deployment and dozens of drops. Thing still works like the day I got it (although it doesn't look like it). The G2X is now a shelf queen, as it holds too much sentimental value, and I am afraid to lose it!

Worst purchase: Nitecore P15. Got the light from amazon, came with a scratched reflector. Returned it to Amazon, got my money back, then purchased another one from a different retailer (won't say who, but they are well known here), and the light is now flickering and shut's off randomly, even after cleaning the contacts, replacing the batteries, etc. Returning it to Nitecore, hopefully my third one won't have issues.