List the BEST/WORST flashlight purchases you have made.

Egsise

Banned
Best:
Fenix TK20, best finished, most durable, used and user friendly light that I have.

Worst:
MG PLI MC-E warm white, no QC:
The led star was poorly heatsinked, it was glued to it's place with heat conductive paste which was full of air bubbles.
I desoldered the led star and cleaned the old thermal paste, applied some new paste and epoxied the star in it's place.
According my lightbox readings the brightness increased ~25% and now the head clearly heats up.

Bezel threads were ruined, had to epoxy the bezel in to it's place.

Head and body were not aligned, the flashlight looked like a banana. I corrected the alignment and used epoxy to attach head to body, prayed that it holds.

Fugly camo paint, just have to live with it..

As MG PLI is my only warm white flashlight, it is used very much and after those repairs it is my second best flashlight.
Why did I buy it in the first place? Fenix T series diffuser tips fit like a glove.
I have dozen unprotected 18650's and MG PLI has built-in overdischarge protection.
Warm white, gotta love it.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best hands down is my Zebralight 501, because I sit in my TV/Flashlight room in darkness with my laptop just so I can mess around with my lights at night inside so it get's tons of use.

Second best would be the Eagletac P20C2 MKll. It's bright and throws well for a XP-G.

Next the MG Mini II a very small 18650 light can be used as flood for medium range with standard head or turbo head for great throw at a budget price.

Worst probably my Nitecore EX10's although very nice quality I always turned them on accidentally in my pocket so they eventually became useless to me.

Last but certainly not least my Surefire light's, expensive yes but worth every penny

stallion2

Enlightened
man...all this Maglight Solitaire hate is cracking me up. and then i remembered i had bought one two summers ago. i never really expected much from it, just something for my keychain...then i got a Streamlight Nano a few weeks later and turned the Solitaire over to my mom. she couldn't have cared less if it was that or a Liteflux.

i certainly don't regret the purchase...it was the pink breast cancer awareness edition. since i'm a big fan/supporter of breasts and my mom also overcame it 3 years ago, i still feel it was money well spent.
GO BOOBS!!!!:thumbsup:

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best: EX10, Jet-III Pro I.B.S., Maglites after modding.

Worst: Maglites before modding ;).

rayman

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best:

McGizmo: Ti Pd-S Mizer and Haiku XP-G;
Modamag: AlTin Drake
Quark: Mini 123
Ra Twisty 100 (runner-up is the Clicky)

Worst:
:thinking:
Gerber Infinity Ultra- ( had purchased 2 before coming to CPF) After 3 years of pocket duty the light failed to come on after twisting the tail. I would have to hit the head of the light a few times for it to come on. The other, *unused*, I gave to my mother which now resides in her purse. Maybe the CMG's are better?:whistle:

Streamlight 4aa polymer- Did not purchase one of these directly (came out of check). There decent (LED model that is) but the runtime is kinda lacking. My Quark 2AA Neut. Tactical replace this light for work.

chaoss

Enlightened
Best would easily be a McGizmo SunDrop XR-U, Bitz aluminum, LiteFlux LF3XT and last but not least a Milky L1 'floodmaster'.

Worst would be an Arc6 but only because of their pathetic customer service :(.

tadbik

Enlightened
Best:

Inova Inforce white

I don't know why this light isn't mentioned often. It's versatile, tough and easy to set the setting you want, even by touch.

Worst:
Tiablo A7

I just can't consistently change the mode settings and now just leave it on high. Great lanyard though!

CLHC

Flashaholic
In my case and for what I use it for, the "best" cheap flashlight I bought is the MegaBrite wind 'em up LED flashlight. :D

Worst was a rubber[ized] Garrity flashlight. :huh:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
What was wrong with the O light?

A few things.
The ano started to wear out in the first day (my E2DL did the exact same duties for two months and still looks brand new), I don't like the reverse clicky, the beam was average, the tint was very blue, and I didn't like the stobe modes.

:thumbsup:

HeadCSO

Enlightened
What did you like about the Eagletac? Do the issues you had with it translate to the newer models?

I had an older P10A2. Dropped it on the floor and the lens shattered. Got that replaced and got the lens modification from Eagletac. Dropped it on a carpeted floor and the lens cracked. Gave up after that.

snaf

Newly Enlightened
best flashlight purchase for me is a surefire 6p, it's incredibly versatile and moddable.
worst would be some 3 dollar flashlight i bought at an auto store a quick task, i junked it not too long afterwards

Ian2381

Enlightened
BEST:
Quark MiNi AA in Titanium - Great EDC but I prefer it as my shelf Queen. :thumbsup:

Worst:
TIGER brand LED light bought at ACE Hardware, Powered by 4xAA but my Fenix E01(1xAAA) is much brighter.:eek:

pounder

Newly Enlightened
being a newbie to lights and having a small collection..it is as follows..

best-

SF L2..wow love this light
mini magled 3aa..pretty good spill and very pratical around the house..
energizer hard case headlamp..damn good headlamp for 30 bucks..
4D maglite..love this bat for self defence on the job..will put in an Led module eventually..

worst -

streamlight twin-task 3aa and twin task 2D..if it weren't for my kids these things would hit the garbage..absolute junk..

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of the best-
SureFire U2A w Leef body- this thing is deceptively bright
My beloved Milky L1's (old style head)
iTP SS A3- Great keychain light
SureFire E series (lego) Aleph mix
NiteCore EZ CR2w This light grew on me quick

Worst
Mag 2aa incan and Solitare (my modded Mags are great)
Led Lenser have mostly been uninspiring for me

Rocketman

Enlightened
Worst flashlight purchase I have made: Surefire LX2 for 195 dollars. Don't ask why because I don't want this thread to be closed.

Best purchase: Surefire LX2 because I sent it back to Brightguy for a Fenix TK40 and a PD30. The surprising thing is that not only are they functionally outstanding but the workmanship is everything I was hoping for in the Surefire but didn't get. Wow, do I love those lights.

fixitman

Newly Enlightened
Happiest purchases
Maratac AAA
Quark MiNi AA
Eagletac P10A2 warm
Zebralight H501 warm
Fenix LoDce (replaced by the maratac, but was a great light for several years)

Biggest disappointments.
Nightcore EZaa
About half the DX lights I bought sucked.
Every incan Ive ever owned.
Every 5mm based light ive ever had to use. I really, really hate angry blue lights