Maglite 6C/D , / 7C/D , how many people still love these lights????

Dark Laser

Newly Enlightened
Wow, I never heard of a red 7D before. Great ... now if you don't want it anymore, you can PM me for my adress data :naughty: :D

Mag's customer service will only tell you when the light was made, but it might still be interesting to know.

Btw, I found out this way that my 6C was made in 1994 (-> no "C" in front of the serial number). I was just unsure if the big cells would fit because I saw this thread a while ago. LiFe would be great, though IRCs on 4 cells might not be that great (fitting a 5th 26650 will require some advanced measures, I think).

xo1tech

Newly Enlightened
Wow, I never heard of a red 7D before. Great ... now if you don't want it anymore, you can PM me for my adress data :naughty: :D

Mag's customer service will only tell you when the light was made, but it might still be interesting to know.

Btw, I found out this way that my 6C was made in 1994 (-> no "C" in front of the serial number). I was just unsure if the big cells would fit because I saw this thread a while ago. LiFe would be great, though IRCs on 4 cells might not be that great (fitting a 5th 26650 will require some advanced measures, I think).
Dark Laser I took the batteries out of it a couple years ago (after my grandkids knocked the filament out of the bulb) and put it up after seeing one sell on E-Bay for $400.00. It has been used over the years so it is nowhere near pristine condition but I might consider selling it. If I decide to I will let you guys know. I really do like the LED's so much better than the incandescents.

kamont

Newly Enlightened
I still have 2 Maglites 3D & 6D, just upgraded them both with led's and the AA to D battery adapters.

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love to see someone just connect a bunch of extenders together to have a huge light stick. I'm talking 16D. A good size walking or hiking stick is 4 foot :stupid:

Sorry, 11.8D is as long as I could manage. (Have 2 other small adpaters around somewhere, would be about 12.5D)
6C next to the adpater monster.

D42_6148_zps7a411d55.jpg

Last edited:

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
That hook on the tailcap makes it a perfect neck light... Isn't it!? :nana:

stienke

Enlightened
There is a new 6C in package sold for 88 euro's on ebay! , bought myself a limegreen 3D(18 euro) and a Red 4D (12 euro)

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a new 6C in package sold for 88 euro's on ebay! , bought myself a limegreen 3D(18 euro) and a Red 4D (12 euro)

All of them were on ebay? I can't never find anything interesting! You are pros!

stienke

Enlightened
All of them were on ebay? I can't never find anything interesting! You are pros!

I buy on ebay Germany , I have a friend in Germany so I can use his address for shipping , and I live near the German border (3km) so I drive to him and pick up the lights , it's only a 20 minute drive.

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Filippo,

There is another ring you cannot see, under the switch.
I connect a shoulder strap...

Dark Laser

Newly Enlightened
@FILIPPO: if it is of any help, I found an interesting shop (in Germany) a while ago; I bought my violet 2C there. They still have a silver 3C for sale.

@Chodes: very nice :thumbsup:

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
@FILIPPO: if it is of any help, I found an interesting shop (in Germany) a while ago; I bought my violet 2C there. They still have a silver 3C for sale.

Thanks!!
Of course it helps... making me spen more money!! :nana:
I just got a 5c I managed to find new sealed in box in an italian shop!! :D

mesa232323

Enlightened
Sorry, 11.8D is as long as I could manage. (Have 2 other small adpaters around somewhere, would be about 12.5D)
6C next to the adpater monster.

D42_6148_zps5e45b356.jpg

BE CAREFUL with that flashlight around power lines :D the other lights give it a good perspective on how long that light is

xo1tech

Newly Enlightened
email the serial no. To mag lite and they will tel you the exact year of production but i don't think you'll learn much more than that!
FILIPPO, You were correct Maglite Customer Service could not tell me much about it, but I did learn it had to be late 1981 when I purchased it because of the build date. That's only been 32 years. I guess at my age.......I'm lucky I remembered the year. LOL!

Here is the reply from Maglite Customer Service:

Thank you for your interest in Maglite products.

Unfortunately, other than the retention of serial # history we're afraid all other information is no longer archived. This 7D Maglite serial # 70013706 was produced on 11/3/1981.

Please contact us if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Lynn Parry
Customer Service

Thanks Again FILIPPO for the suggestion!

awoodby

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a couple 5-d red maglite's on amazon for $15/each if anyone's interested. It's a temporary sale so jump if you want it.

These are NOT led's (they sell a single LED conversion for like $16, or the triple "1000 lumen" for like 55

GlocksRock

Newly Enlightened
Just picked one up, thanks for the heads up! Walmart.com also has them for the same price right now. Just going to put a Terralux drop in led in it like I did with my 2 and 3 D cell maglites. Will make for a better light/club for the car than the current 3D I'm packing now.

GlocksRock

Newly Enlightened
Just picked one up, thanks for the heads up! Walmart.com also has them for the same price right now. Just going to put a Terralux drop in led in it like I did with my 2 and 3 D cell maglites. Will make for a better light/club for the car than the current 3D I'm packing now.

Just found out that the newer incan maglites use a bi pin xenon lamp, does anyone know if the TerraLUX TLE-6EX will still work in them? If they do, how much, if any modification does it require to make it work/fit?

stienke

Enlightened
Just found out that the newer incan maglites use a bi pin xenon lamp, does anyone know if the TerraLUX TLE-6EX will still work in them? If they do, how much, if any modification does it require to make it work/fit?

I think it works , you can remove the insert and bi pin lamp , use a old style retaining ring because the newer ones are smaller at the top , good luck!

GJR