Malkoff M60 MC-E

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff MC-E__________,__Solar, AR Glass,___________________495.3__,___3 sec_______,
Malkoff MC-E__________,__Solar, AR Glass,___________________465.4__,__30 sec_______,
Malkoff MC-E__________,__Solar, AR Glass,___________________457.9__,__60 sec_______,
Malkoff MC-E_W_______,__Solar, AR Glass,___________________420.6__,___3 sec_______,
Malkoff MC-E_W_______,__Solar, AR Glass,___________________403.7__,__30 sec_______,
Malkoff MC-E_W_______,__Solar, AR Glass,___________________403.7__,__60 sec_______,
Malkoff MC-E_W_______,__Solar, AR Glass,___________________398.1__,__90 sec_______,
Malkoff MC-E_W_______,__Solar, AR Glass,___________________396.3__,_120 sec_______,

did that about 3 weeks ago. The power draw in current and total watts has also been published for a while, you can figure out run time based on your battery capacity from that. Published in my same Actual Lumens thread. You guys are slackin. G

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would be nice to have a direct comparison between the regular and the warm version.

You guys are slackin. G

I think he was looking for beamshots...that was what i was hoping to see. i know its tough to get good color depiction with a camera...but I'm trying to figure out if its worth giving up the extra lumens in exchange for a warmer beam...

I have seen your stats before. Very helpful. Thanks.

Last edited:

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think he was looking for beamshots...that was what i was hoping to see. i know its tough to get good color depiction with a camera...but I'm trying to figure out if its worth giving up the extra lumens in exchange for a warmer beam...

I have seen your stats before. Very helpful. Thanks.

your still slacking, I did these a month ago and posted.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20634664@N02/sets/72157618727701679/show/

You can send your official letter of apology on top of the deluxe gourmet pizza box to "how the heck did I miss that, its on page one of Gman's Actual lumens thread in one of the several links".

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, I just previously saw this comment below but did not see that you later posted beam shots in a different place. While I spend a fair amount of time on CPF (just ask my wife), I guess not enough to be aware of every post made. If that makes me a slacker, I guess I am guilty as charged. FYI, the link you provided has the photos but not the comments/titles, but the photo titles are of course visible on your Flickr page. Nice shots overall.

Still Have not gotten to the MC-E's in the back yard because they are flood style light and I have to do that separately. G

Thanks for all of your contributions to this place.

mrq

Newly Enlightened
I'm still waiting for Gene to put more MC-E's on stock.. I missed out on one 2 wks ago..

AdamW

Newly Enlightened
Gene's a good guy offering a great product.

A few months ago I ordered an M60 MC-E while I was deployed to Africa, where I had a difficult time accessing the internet. He very quickly mailed one to my home, where my wife added it to a flat rate box of stuff to be mailed to me. I now have the drop-in installed in my issued SureFire 6PL. This is a fantastic upgrade for what I needed most: a room filling wall of even, smooth light.

The M60 MC-E is very well suited to room/ ship/ space clearing. The extremely wide light output leaves very little non-illuminated, and the lack of a hot spot doesn't draw your attention to only one area. It is like turning on a room's existing lights. Very effective for the door kickers out there.

You should have heard the four letter words when I demonstrated the light to the guys in my unit...

importculture

Newly Enlightened
He does have 5 M60W MC-Es...

Where are you getting your info?! I would love to know when to go to gene's site n buy more m60 mc-e's. I live in hawaii so alot of times I check my email too late so by the time I read the email notification they're sold out before I can get to em. N thanks by the way just bought another M60w MC-E. Thanks for the heads up.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Re: malkoff mc-e

Just put my order in for a M60W MC-E!!!

Newbie here.

This is a drop-in right? What do you drop it INTO? Will it work in a 3 D Maglite? Has anybody here actually measured the lumens coming out of the light?

Please don't refer me to some other thread if you KNOW the answer. Some of these threads go on and on and on...

Thanks!

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are for the P60 style devices such as the 6P, 6Z, C2, and M2.

Info found here on the website

There are other mods designed for maglites on the website

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Re: malkoff mc-e

Newbie here.

This is a drop-in right? What do you drop it INTO? Will it work in a 3 D Maglite? Has anybody here actually measured the lumens coming out of the light?

Please don't refer me to some other thread if you KNOW the answer. Some of these threads go on and on and on...

Thanks!

You might be posting more than reading. Malkoff threads are all over the place. See MrGman's lumen readings in this thread, posts 1 and 3. https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/229135

Bill

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff also makes a P7 dropin (also a multi die LED like the MC-E) for c and d maglites. However, they require higher voltages than 3 alkaline or NiMH cells can provide, so you would have to use lithium ion cells of some kind.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I received my M60W MCE yesterday.

Had to see what all the hype was about, not to mention Gene and his family stayed next door from my room at the hotel this year @ SHOT. Great family, nice people.

What a beautiful beam! Floody with so much light it has no choice but to have a lil throw. :)

The build quality is phenomenal, I feel like I am holding a quality peice of equipment be fore putting it in my light.

It is also visuallly pleasing to the eye to look at the dropin inside the light, powered off of course.

Looks great in my Patriotic Spirit 6P, just in time for the Fourth of July! :thumbsup:

I also ordered a M60WL and have a M60WLF on the way. Gotta think the M60WLF will be perfect for fireworks duty. :)

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
:D

PatrioticSpirit001.jpg

PatrioticSpirit002.jpg

PatrioticSpirit003.jpg

PatrioticSpirit005.jpg

PatrioticSpirit006.jpg

PatrioticSpirit007.jpg

PatrioticSpirit008.jpg

PatrioticSpirit009.jpg

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I just finished installing a 2 stage Mc2CS TC in my patriotic spirit 6P. The 60 Ohm is perfect. :)

Now that it is two stages, this light is alot more usable. Low is perfect for indoor use, my fourth of July light is ready for action. :twothumbs

Gene43

Enlightened
Yes the optic pictured on the website is a generic pic. All the F modules and MC-E modules have the optic shown by PSM.

Thanks, Gene