Malkoff M61SHO

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent news!
Now everything is riding on the tint of the SHO.

All of the XPG2 "cool" that I have seen have been good clean white. So far, the XPG2 appears to be a good choice for people who want a white light, without drifting off into "colored light land".

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
Iz'll have it soon enough, but im keeping my fingers crossed thst its a brighter version of my M61 219.
I like the 219 tint, its just not very bright. Doesnt light up a room likr i'd expect

shurt

Newly Enlightened
I am considering this for a weapon light. Currently, I run an M600C. Spill is adequate, but throw is what I am interested in. The M600C = E2DL on high.

Based on the LUX readings of the SHO (5-6,000@1M), it looks like it just puts out more light in the spill, but the M600C SHOULD out-throw it (I keep finding LUX 1M readings of around 6-7,000)

Is my understanding that the M600C/E2DL throws further, although with less spill, or do the extra lumens of the M61SHO somehow off-set the lower LUX readings? If anyone has compared the two, that would be great!

Thanks!

I spoke with Gene today and he explained with the SHO upgrade my Surefire light on the 870 will go from over 300 lumens to over 400 lumens but the catch is an additional $70.00 My new Malkoff upgrade should be here next week and I'll play with it for awhile before deciding what to do.