MCR Reflector centering rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good news! The CNC ran the 19mm rings today and plan on running the 27mm rings tomorrow.

zgurl

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

forgive my newby question, but how do those centering rings work? I imagine the led is fixed to its heatsink with AAA, then you stick the centering ring onto the led and then the reflector on the centering ring (???). Whta sort of glue is to be used then?

Thanks.

Z. (looking forward to finishing my 4-cree headlamp :naughty:...)

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

forgive my newby question, but how do those centering rings work? I imagine the led is fixed to its heatsink with AAA, then you stick the centering ring onto the led and then the reflector on the centering ring (???). Whta sort of glue is to be used then?

Thanks.

Z. (looking forward to finishing my 4-cree headlamp :naughty:...)

Actually the rings are pushed onto the reflector then onto the LED. Of course you'll want to solder the wires to the LED first. The fit is snug so it makes it easy to move things around without worrying about the reflectors falling off or moving out of place.

racer7

Newly Enlightened
Reconfirming I'll take 4@ size. When 27s are done please post payment instructions.
Thanks,
Racer7

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh man!
I've been waiting to long for these, this is such a GREAT news :twothumbs
Thank you for not giving up!

I'm still in for 8 rings for 19XR reflectors :p

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up the 19mm rings today along with a sample 27mm. I will post a few pictures tonight. I should have a sales thread up very soon.

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok here's a few pictures...

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

DSC00122.jpg

DSC00121-1.jpg

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know, I know. I'm trying to package and ship all the 18650 bodies at the moment. I will get a sales thread up for the centering rings in the next few days.

I have been waiting for these to order an 18650 body at the same time. :oops: I may end up with no 18650 body an just these? :mecry:

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been waiting for these to order an 18650 body at the same time. :oops: I may end up with no 18650 body an just these? :mecry:

Don't worry Kenster I still have plenty of bodies. :) Well except for one style anyway.

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in for some XR-versions, so you got 100 orders already ?
Keep me posted. Cheers !

would something similar be useful for the "regular" line of McR's? (McR18, McR20, etc.)
Yes, would be awesome !

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
GreenLED, by using a Dremel, a file or some sandpaper for a minute the Mcr19XR centering ring should fit on an Mcr18 or Mcr20 with a Cree NO PROBLEM! ;) I know another really cool trick for these but I`m not telling you right now! :whistle: :nana: But I will later! :grin2:

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.