Milky Shotgun Sweeper!

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
it looks like Milky used one of those LEDlil Boom MC reflectors...which looks a tad smaller than the existing reflector/optic

See post #20, it beat yours by a few seconds... you're right, but the effect appears to be a combination of camera angle and room reflection. The reflector is pretty well centered in reality, maybe off by 1/4 millimeter at most, if at all.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Really think it's just the camera angle AND (if you look very closely) a reflection on the front surface at the right side of the reflector. Follow the outer rim of the reflector counterclockwise from the bottom point and you'll see what I mean. :shrug:

You're right Scott. It does look like an optical illusion the closer I look at the pic. Didn't mean to imply your work was flawed somehow. (I'm still saving up for an E2E Room Sweeper of my own).

Thanks for the clarification. :)

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Optical illusion. Scott's work is top notch. I added the dust, dirt, powder residue, and sand. Wiped the blood splatter off though:grin2:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Optical illusion. Scott's work is top notch. I added the dust, dirt, powder residue, and sand. Wiped the blood splatter off though:grin2:

I suppose a Milky Shotgun Sweeper with a natural red filter would not be quite as effective. ;)

KRUPPSTAHL

Newly Enlightened
what a sweet setup !

hard to believe it takes many rounds with no consequences.....

thanks for sharing the cool pics!

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shotgun Sweeper got to go through the paces tonight. As expected, it functioned flawlessly. Handled over 50 rounds of full-power 00 and slugs without a hitch.

Thought I would post some real life beam shots. First pic is the Roomsweeper, second is the Shotgun Sweeper. Target is 25 yards.

P6275681.jpg

P6275682.jpg

You can see by the shadow on the ground in the lower left corner how the beam is tighter than the Roomsweeper, however is still flood.

Another incredible light by Scott!:thumbsup::bow::bow::bow:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now those are some awesome realworld shots, can imagine the entire room lighting up if you had to clear it using this light, no more waving the light around lookin for the dark spots. amazing indeed

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! This was over 3 years ago. I don't remember what I paid to have Scott (Milkyspit) do the mod. I'm sure he could do even better now with the new LEDs that are out. I would suggest contacting him and letting him know what you are looking for.
I just told Scott what I needed the light for, and let him do all the designing.

That shotgun would kill me right now to fire it. Broke several bones on July 3rd this year in an accident. Both bones in my left forearm were compound fractures. Broke the pinky and ring finger on the left hand along with my right clavicle (compound fracture as well), wrist, thumb, left femur, and 7 ribs. It's desk work for me now, though I'm lucky. Should have died in the accident, and surprised everyone that I didn't. Back, head, and neck are fine which is what the doc's didn't understand how that could have happend. All I can say is, I didn't see the bright light when I was unconscious so I didn't go toward it. I wonder if it is a cool, neutral, or warm bright light one is supposed to go toward.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Damn! Very happy you couldn't find the light, Hogo.

Prayers and Best Wishes for your continued recovery.

Latest posts