Montreal area GT with special guests from the Ottawa/Gatineau area

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
hehe, some enthusiasm here, I like it.

People are usually busy right before Easter, so I'll start polling next week to set a date.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
If possible, try set up two possible dates, this way if ever it rain, we'll have another possibility...

I truly hope I'll be able to join. Does your spot is far from the cars ? I.E. do we need to carry a backpack ?

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
If possible, try set up two possible dates, this way if ever it rain, we'll have another possibility...

I truly hope I'll be able to join. Does your spot is far from the cars ? I.E. do we need to carry a backpack ?

Definitely, whichever date I'll pick, I'm reserving the following weekend in case of rain.

I just noticed that April 21st is a lunar eclipse. How does that sound?

This should give everyone a chance to recover from easter and the sun to warm up the ground some more. There is another eclipse around the time Gunga is in town, too (may 16-20) Any new input on your situation, Gunga?

The trail is a 2 minutes drive from Tim's in a straight line, stop in the dead end, then there is a 2 hour err.. I mean minute walk from the cars, so you won't need survival gear (In my case I do need a backpack just for carrying my lights :whistle:). We could even carry camping chairs a cooler and folding table there rather than sit at Tim's for a couple hours.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
We could even carry camping chairs a cooler and folding table there rather than sit at Tim's for a couple hours.

That's sound way better than doing that at the Tim... But, will it be OK to see all the flashlight and gear ? it will be dark out there ... Someone should bring a flashlight...

:)whistle:)

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's sound way better than doing that at the Tim... But, will it be OK to see all the flashlight and gear ? it will be dark out there ... Someone should bring a flashlight...

:)whistle:)

Especially without the moon... maybe we could make some fire-on-a-stick testing, that could help.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
so far i'm down for whenever. Just give me the time and place.
I'm anticipating a big purchase, so I can't guarantee what lights will be around.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why am I getting only one answer to the proposed date? Is everyone too drunk on chocolate and flashahol????? I want to accomodate as many people as possible, but that's kinda hard to do without feedback... come on, guys! don't make me strobe you with my TK70! All I am waiting for is a good reason to use it :devil:

I sent some PM's to wake the bunch up. Please, let me all know if you're available or not so I can designate a better suited date or confirm this one (Saturday April 21 - lunar eclispe)

Last edited:

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far, it seems alright with me but things can change quickly with my job...

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is going to be a very big meet with the whopping 3 of us all present... Where is everybody? did I say something offensive?

RECALL: Tentative date for a Montreal GT Saturday April 21st. Anyone else available? Is everyone else busy????
:candle:

I'm still open for alternate dates, but only on request...

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is going to be a very big meet with the whopping 3 of us all present... Where is everybody? did I say something offensive?

RECALL: Tentative date for a Montreal GT Saturday April 21st. Anyone else available? Is everyone else busy????
:candle:

I'm still open for alternate dates, but only on request...
Hi,
I just checked and my EDL to cross the boarder will take three weeks to get here :(.
I can't make on the 21st.
GL

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,
I just checked and my EDL to cross the boarder will take three weeks to get here :(.
I can't make on the 21st.
GL

I just learned that I might be very busy on that day, so I'll have to push it back. Since you might be able to make it in three weeks, and we have another visitor from a land far far away who might be in the area, I think I'll stick to the first idea: May 19, unless the guys from the area can't make it.

Last edited:

computernut

Enlightened
For some reason I don't always get the thread notifications that I've subscribed to so I'm a bit behind. May 19th should be good for me.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
For some reason I don't always get the thread notifications that I've subscribed to so I'm a bit behind. May 19th should be good for me.

I think this only happens in the Off Topic section. I never ever received any notification for a thread in the Cafe for some reason. I'll send PM's whenever there is a major update.

Latest posts