More Fenix Digital Lights - L0D CE and L1D CE

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
bill_n_opus said:
The funny thing about wanting "low, real low" mode is that you don't really understand the need for it until you're presented with a situation where it's really nice to have.

I was watching my kid's xmas presentation and sitting in the dark audiotorium and I had my combo led/pda stylus/pen/laser. The led in it is maybe 3-4 lumens or less ... and I felt funny using it while illumating the program to read it.

Most people were using their cel phones and it was much less distracting.

I kinda laughed internally when I thought about how funny it would be to whip out a p1d-ce blasting 130 lumens on high to read a program.

Anyways, i'd like a low, real low. Runtimes are great and throw is great ... but there are situations where I don't want neither ... just real low lumens to read a program or a menu.

For those of you that want really low "low", have you tried to just cover the light with your hand? There are a lot of situations when my civictor v1 is just too bright, then I just cover it with my hand, and I'm guessing that it goes faster than cycling through a UI also. Not that I mind a low on a light. :)

Last edited:

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
Lobo said:
For those of you that want really low "low", have you tried to just cover the light with your hand? There are a lot of situations when my civictor v1 is just too bright, then I just cover it with my hand, and I'm guessing that it goes faster than cycling through a UI also. Not that I mind a low on a light. :)

Yes, that can work ... however, there are times when you can cover with your hand and other times when you cannot.

That's why i'd rather have a low, low mode ... and if I want to cover my hand over regular mode I can. :)

MikeF

Enlightened
I was able to use my LionHeart as a Night Light on it's lowest setting for 5 nights on the same battery, and it still didn't show any signs of dimming when at it's brightest setting for quick bursts. It was at least 7-8 hours each night, so 35-40 hours on low, of very useable light for dark adapted eyes. If I had been using it with only one brightness setting available, it would have depleted the Pila 150A Li-Ion cell the first night, and since I had only one cell with me while on vacation, I would have been onto plan B, or C for the "walking around without disturbing anyone and NOT stubbing any toes" light.

:twothumbs

josean

Newly Enlightened
Do not know if you have already noticed, but Litemania has listed prices:

L0D CE $43.50
L1D CE $52.50
L2D CE $53.50

You can find them here

fire-stick

Enlightened
Here's what I like most about the Fenix L1D CE

li-ion battery

135 lumens.

Textured reflector

Tail cap push switch

So the Turbo series will have 6 modes?

Where does the 135 lumens setting go?

"""general series: 18 -> 40 -> 74 -> SOS

turbo series: 85 -> Strobe"""

Fenix is doing a pretty good job!!!

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
josean said:
Do not know if you have already noticed, but Litemania has listed prices:

L0D CE $43.50
L1D CE $52.50
L2D CE $53.50

You can find them here
It's nice that someone has listed prices. In what way is that evidence that the lights actually exist? Has someone actually seen one?

c_c

daveman

Enlightened
Curious_character said:
It's nice that someone has listed prices. In what way is that evidence that the lights actually exist? Has someone actually seen one?

c_c

Have you "actually seen" a million dollars within your physical presence?

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bet he's seen part of 1 million dollars. Have you see part of a stock Fenix cree light that isn't a P1D CE within your physical presence?

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
2 questions about these new Cree models (if I missed the answers posted somewhere, pls. forgive me):

1) Will the L1D CE take a 14500 cell?

2) Are the heads of the L1D CE and L2D CE the same?

Thanks.

Last edited:

daveman

Enlightened
dammitjim said:
I bet he's seen part of 1 million dollars. Have you see part of a stock Fenix cree light that isn't a P1D CE within your physical presence?
No, just as I have never observed, either in part or whole, a million dollars, George W. Bush, Michael Jordan, or the Great Wall. Got any more moot questions?

Last edited:

lrw2

Newly Enlightened
fire-stick said:
Where does the 135 lumens setting go?

"""general series: 18 -> 40 -> 74 -> SOS

turbo series: 85 -> Strobe"""

Pretty sure that 18->40->74 is for Alkaline AA? The 135 will replace the 74 when you stuff it with a li-ion?

zz6557

Newly Enlightened
I think talking about the necessity of SOS & strobe mode and how many stages of intensity is no meaning . If a flashlight can access any mode directily not in series and can be adjusted full scale intensity ( 0% ~ 100% ) , solving any thing . Didn't it !!!

Blinding

Newly Enlightened
The L0D (and CE version) state that than can run on 0.8V to 3.3V. It is nice to know that this range includes NiMh and lithium L92 but what would one be able to run it off that would go up to 3.3V?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am interested in the L2D, when will 4sevens going to announce it? and will the 1x123 tube he sells fit? Paypal at the ready!

AlexGT

Blinding

Newly Enlightened
But a 10440 has a "nominal voltage of 3.7V". That is 0.4V greater than what the L0D claims to support. Also, I am not seeing a big advantage. It has 3 times the voltage of a nimh but 1/3 the mah rating so the total power seems to be very close.