*new* Fenix TK51

kj2

Flashaholic
That HP15 is also new :) although there is already a old thread on the HP15 on the headlamp-section.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa..... is this going to be an emitter besides xm-l2's? That looks like a single reflector!

And what is that little thing at the bottom. It looks like another lens/emitter attached to it! :sssh:

kj2

Flashaholic
Whoa..... is this going to be an emitter besides xm-l2's? That looks like a single reflector!

And what is that little thing at the bottom. It looks like another lens/emitter attached to it! :sssh:

For what I know, the TK51 has two leds. One with big reflector, and a smaller one. Think the smaller one will be a xp-g2.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
For what I know, the TK51 has two leds. One with big reflector, and a smaller one. Think the smaller one will be a xp-g2.

So they really are pushing into multi-type multi-emitter heads. THAT IS AWESOME. I personally hope they are using different tints for the emitters. I guess it wouldn't make as much sense for this light to do that though as for the TK76. They really are changing things up though--- Fenix never fails to suprise me with their designs. Other companies put out good stuff, but nothing this unique. Fenix creates the mold.

I wonder if that xp-g2 is going to be really floody.

kj2

Flashaholic
So they really are pushing into multi-type multi-emitter heads. THAT IS AWESOME. I personally hope they are using different tints for the emitters. I guess it wouldn't make as much sense for this light to do that though as for the TK76. They really are changing things up though--- Fenix never fails to suprise me with their designs. Other companies put out good stuff, but nothing this unique. Fenix creates the mold.

I wonder if that xp-g2 is going to be really floody.
I had a talk with my brother on this subject, this afternoon. Flashlight manufacturers have to come up with something new, instead of just giving lights more lumens.
I personally would like to see even better runtimes on the high/turbo modes, and it would be even cooler if (for example) Fenix comes-up with a light that you can hook-up(usb) on your pc,
and you can determine your own brightness-levels/how many levels you want.
I think we will see more, multi led flashlights(like the TK51/TK76), in the coming months.

Last edited:

regulation

Newly Enlightened
Pay attention to the lumens! It must be two xml2 to reach that number! Unless Fenix brags their numbers which we all know is impossible.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know the light won't be THAT thick as others have put out similar sized lights using 3 18650's (which I'm assuming this uses), but somehow from that one picture I can see this being a light that could use a handle on top. For long walks a very sturdy steel handle securely screwed in would be awesome. Maybe in person it's too small to really justify that, but somehow the "coke can" size of light somehow doesn't seem like something you can carry around comfortably for long periods. Unless you have a large coat on you can't really just slip it in your pocket either.

kj2

Flashaholic
9y8e2ehy.jpg

Fenix posted a picture on their facebook. You can see the TK76 and TK51 (which has been blurred-out)

markr6

Flashaholic
I personally would like to see even better runtimes on the high/turbo modes, and it would be even cooler if (for example) Fenix comes-up with a light that you can hook-up(usb) on your pc, and you can determine your own brightness-level/how many levels you want.

Yeah, where is this light? I was expecting something like this by now!

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
So...... This means either way it won't be available to purchase for another few months at least?

:ironic:

regulation

Newly Enlightened
So...... This means either way it won't be available to purchase for another few months at least?

:ironic:

not that long, I think we could expect it on the market next month based on their product test history.

Bruce Nai

Newly Enlightened
Coming in/around July. Fenix TK51, a smaller looking TK75 with max 1700 lumens.
Runs on 3* 18650. Price should be around $100.

http://shaologear.com/blogs/news/7828413-fenix-product-announcement-tk51-a-new-smaller-tk75-clone

Thank you for your share, I have checked on Fenix official website, and I happen to find that TK51 seems not available now, and Fenix has launched its TK51 global testing contest, right after the HP01 one. I have submitted my application forms to both, hope I can get one from Fenix.:D

TrueLine

Newly Enlightened
Did anyone have a problem with the entry form for the Global Test Campaign? Entered today but did not receive a email confirmation...

kj2

Flashaholic
Did anyone have a problem with the entry form for the Global Test Campaign? Entered today but did not receive a email confirmation...

No. Because you don't get a email confirmation ;) just a pop-up (or a note at the bottom of the website) if they received.

ghodan

Newly Enlightened
Here is a clear picture of the Fenix TK51
The Fenix TK51 Flashlight employs dual LEDs to increase total output with 16 wide-ranging lighting options. Spot and flood beams include 1800-lumen max output and 425m carry distance. For total control, one-button instant turbo and strobe activate even when the TK51 is off.
20130925204602_1406.jpg

Last edited: