*NEW* Klarus ST11 and ST2C

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
11brl2u.jpg

ST11 SMO is out. ST2C SMO as well. I'm happy to report that klarus got the reflectors right. Absolutely no donut holes with both lights!

ST2C not just bigger hotspot due to smaller head but also broader beam due to shallower reflector. More peripheral vision but at the expense of throw.

Lumens difference is very little between the two, as per ceiling bounce.

ST2C stepdown same ~26% after 5mins

PS:
anyone else noticed that klarus' logo is a suppressor K-baffle? :)

Last edited:

FlashLion

Enlightened
Interesting gadget :).Uses Micro USB port and because it is not built in the flashlight you can carry it and use it only when that's needed.Screwing on the head end will eliminate the need of dual-layer tube body.Also will not affect the lenght of the flashlight!

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting gadget :).Uses Micro USB port and because it is not built in the flashlight you can carry it and use it only when that's needed.Screwing on the head end will eliminate the need of dual-layer tube body.Also will not affect the lenght of the flashlight!

well you really don't need dual-layer body tube because it's gonna be like nitecore. need to click the switch to charge.

but yes it's a very nifty idea! no added length. no waterproofing issues. it's one of those "why didn't i think of that" ideas :)

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: *NEW* Klarus ST11

So, there will be two new klarus lights on my watch/to-buy list :D

5x0lkj.jpg

next to the Nitecore MH25

pretty good flashlight! suitable for a very wide range of applications so naturally it doesn't excel in some areas. forward clicky tailswitch is the MASTER on/off. side button changes modes or puts it in standby. if tailswitch is off then side button doesn't do anything so goodnews no accidental activation here :)

only 4 brightness levels but they appear very well and evenly spaced-out to the human eye. it may not seem like it judging from the raw numbers on the specs sheet but the seemingly big jumps in the ST11 brightness levels are IMHO very well chosen for the vast majority of typical usage scenarios. very reminiscent of a Quark's spacing, but instead of 5 levels you only get 4. yes just like Quarks the ST11 has proper low modes.

it isn't obvious from the pictures but it doesn't have a typical tailcap, instead the head is unscrewed to change the battery.

takes long 70mm cells. flat tops no problem.

ceiling bounce on a light meter shows ~26% stepdown after 5 minutes.

but despite the driver being moved to the head it still uses PWM in typical Klarus fashion. it's a sufficiently high frequency so it isn't distracting.

So if the clickie switch fails you have to replace the whole body?

Sent from a cellphone using tapmyfinger

Last edited:

kamuro

Newly Enlightened

Just bought one of these from goinggear and I'm in love. I've had a quark 1232 turbo x for about 2 years now, and been looking to upgrade. Figured id spring for the new nitecore srt7 as well as this little gem.

I genuinely thought this light would be given to my wife or something, but after using it...I love this light 1000x more than the quark (which is a fantastic light in its own right).

spill is very bright, throw is adequate, hot spot is huge. UI is arranged simply with all the important functions I like. Price could be a lot more for sure.

The only gripe I have is lack of an include holster...but one can be found cheap enough...

I'm surprised there's not more buzz about this light, but either way, I love it.

Last edited by a moderator:

TEEJ

Flashaholic

Has anyone tried the new ones with two 18350's instead of the 18650 or two 16340''s, etc?

My XT11 is brightest with two IMR 18350's, next with two IMR 16340's, CR123's, 18650.

I'm HOPING that the new lights also take advantage of the added juice, and/or are able to drive the 18650 to deliver the same output as the two 18350's, etc.

:D

pinhead

Newly Enlightened

Here is a video which shows KLARUS ST2C at night:

Last edited: