*NEW* Klarus ST11 and ST2C

kamuro

Newly Enlightened
Re: *NEW* Klarus ST11

just got back from backcountry camping for a week in nowhere maine. st11 worked awesome. great, useful light, easy UI...it was my go-to light, and although it lasted longer than the other lights with cr123's, i went through more with the st11 simply because i used it a lot more. the beam pattern in perfect. just all around super happy with it. great job klarus.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast

just got back from backcountry camping for a week in nowhere maine. st11 worked awesome. great, useful light, easy UI...it was my go-to light, and although it lasted longer than the other lights with cr123's, i went through more with the st11 simply because i used it a lot more. the beam pattern in perfect. just all around super happy with it. great job klarus.

Which reflector does yours have, is the beam smooth?

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
E
11brl2u.jpg

ST11 SMO is out. ST2C SMO as well. I'm happy to report that klarus got the reflectors right. Absolutely no donut holes with both lights!

ST2C not just bigger hotspot due to smaller head but also broader beam due to shallower reflector. More peripheral vision but at the expense of throw.

Lumens difference is very little between the two, as per ceiling bounce.

ST2C stepdown same ~26% after 5mins

PS:
anyone else noticed that klarus' logo is a suppressor K-baffle? :)

Are there any rings in the beam with the smooth reflector?

AFireInside

Newly Enlightened
Got the ST11 recently and find it's output is woefully dull on a single 18650, my SC52 running a 14500 seems twice as bright!

Tried it on 2x 16340's and this make it seem a little brighter than the SC52, where i'd expect it to be on a single 18650. Is this normal???

FlashLion

Enlightened
Are you talking for the Klarus ST11? ST11 is one of the brightest new flashlights in this size reflector.I don't know why it looks so bad to you.Does your SC52 more throw.Tell me where to buy one like your.
I don't know how you are measuring the output,but I can't find a difference with two batteries.What batteries you use.I hope not ***fires...

AFireInside

Newly Enlightened
Yes, the Klarus ST11. I'm just comparing them by eyesight on the ceiling. It is so noticeable that a light meter is not necessary.

I only use Panasonic NCR18650A's, and the 16340's are keeppower's

FlashLion

Enlightened
I tried mine with 2x18650 and no difference.Can you measure the current draw from the battery? Maybe there is a bad connection problem.
I measured 2.5A from a fully charged battery.

strap624

Newly Enlightened
I have the ST11 on the way. I just received a Nightcore EA4, Fenix PD35, and a LED Lenser P7 yesterday. I bought these as groomsmen's gifts, although I am going to keep one of them for myself. I really like the PD35 but I'm going to wait to see the ST11 before I decide which one to keep. What do you guys think?

FlashLion

Enlightened
ST11 is the highest quality flashlight I have,excellent anodizing,very thick aluminum-which is good for using for a long time,but you should try the UI on all of them to see which is the most convenient for you.
If the UI is not comfortable for you,quality is not important.

strap624

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, initially I thought I would gravitate toward the EA4 but after playing with it, I kind of realized it wasn't very practical for my uses. It's thick and heavy and although it is very bright, it's designed for having a long throw. It's not very useful up close because it has an intense hotspot, the pd35 is much broader flood and nearly just as bright at short distances. I'll wait and see how the st11 stacks up.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast

The ST2C has an annoying design flaw.

I was able to get it out by removing the bezel.

Latest posts